X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU16
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Chad had a triple double last night with 12 points, 11 rebounds, and 12 assists as Madison beat Dakota Valley 94-51. Tony added 15 points.

GO STATE

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I think he went to USF right out of high school but chose after his first year to go to SDSU. That would make him a one-year teammate of Dwight Peterson if I have my facts correct.
    Yeah he was seeing the floor about the same minutes as Dwight towards the end of the season.... should at least help in practice...

Leave a comment:

• West-River_Jack
    replied

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
    The "guy from the practice squad" was nick selkin from lincoln. I have heard he is going to be on the team next year.
    I think he went to USF right out of high school but chose after his first year to go to SDSU. That would make him a one-year teammate of Dwight Peterson if I have my facts correct.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabit1
    replied

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    Nagy and Klink were on hand tonight to watch Madison trounce Dell Rapids Public 75-48. White, who was named MVP of the game, had 21 on 8-11 shooting including a long three pointer to end the third quarter. Fiegen had 15 on 6-11 shooting. The two men look good out there.
    That was a half-court shot, blue. And that's pretty typical of Chad to hit those (i.e. 2007 "A" third-place game against Parkston) LOL

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
    The "guy from the practice squad" was nick selkin from lincoln. I have heard he is going to be on the team next year.
    Thanks for the info. Seen him sitting on the bench with the hurt guys and redshirts and didn't know who he was.

Leave a comment:

• NoHopRebounds
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    Went to the Madison-Dell Rapids game tonight. Dell Rapids just didn't have anyone the size of Chad and Tony. They could have taken a good shot every time down the court but they actually passed to open teammates. Only saw one bad pass between the two tonight. They both looked really good.

While they are both very good players, I don't think you can call them the best recruits ever for SDSU. It's so hard to compare players from different times. Do I think they will be good college players? Yes and I look forward to seeing them play next year for State.
    I have only watched White and Feigen during the state tourney last year on TV. They are good recruits, no question about that, but the best ever in SDSU history? I think we need to let them tell us that by what they do on the court and shucks they are teens and perhaps very bright and athletic ones at that. Lets see what they can do next year.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    Nagy and Klink were on hand tonight to watch Madison trounce Dell Rapids Public 75-48. White, who was named MVP of the game, had 21 on 8-11 shooting including a long three pointer to end the third quarter. Fiegen had 15 on 6-11 shooting. The two men look good out there.
    I saw Radar and AC there, along with the guy from the 'practice squad' I believe. Don't know who he is but those were the 3 players I saw. I did see Nagy towards the middle of the fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Went to the Madison-Dell Rapids game tonight. Dell Rapids just didn't have anyone the size of Chad and Tony. They could have taken a good shot every time down the court but they actually passed to open teammates. Only saw one bad pass between the two tonight. They both looked really good.

While they are both very good players, I don't think you can call them the best recruits ever for SDSU. It's so hard to compare players from different times. Do I think they will be good college players? Yes and I look forward to seeing them play next year for State.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
    And I heard the exact opposite. I heard Fiegen had much more upside than White.

(I'm not taking away from White's abilities. They are both great players.)
    I could tell that Feigen had upside but he hadn't developed yet and looked lost at times on the court.... I watched him early his sophomore year and then at state and you could tell how much he had improved and then last year he just exploded..... You knew as a sophomore White was going to be a good player, you knew Feigen could be one heck of a player but he wasn't great then....

Too many people say they are the same type of player and even though they are both naturally 3's they are different types.... I would say if you had to compare Chad White to somebody it would be Mike Miller, quick release and explosive off the dribble.... If you had to compare Tony Feigen to someobody it would be more of the Joe K. type, a guy who is naturally more of a 4 but can still light it up from the 3 and can defend the opposing players 3

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    the way i look at it is they are the best high school recruits we have ever gotten.... that doesn't always translate to best players that ever played though...... Jimmy Clausen is probably the best recruit Notre Dame has ever had but he is far from the best player they have ever had.... I wouldn't go onto say that they are the best recruits we will ever get though.... Horstman from Winner could be one heck of a recruit also, and you never no, if you would of told me 2 years ago that Feigen would of turned into as good has he has I would of told you, that you where nutz....
    And I heard the exact opposite. I heard Fiegen had much more upside than White.

(I'm not taking away from White's abilities. They are both great players.)

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

the way i look at it is they are the best high school recruits we have ever gotten.... that doesn't always translate to best players that ever played though...... Jimmy Clausen is probably the best recruit Notre Dame has ever had but he is far from the best player they have ever had.... I wouldn't go onto say that they are the best recruits we will ever get though.... Horstman from Winner could be one heck of a recruit also, and you never no, if you would of told me 2 years ago that Feigen would of turned into as good has he has I would of told you, that you where nutz....

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

edit.

Leave a comment:

• sdjack605
    replied

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
    White and Fiegen are the two best recruits SDSU has ever had, or ever will.
    i dont' think they will be our best two recruits we have ever had... hard to say as of right now.... if they are so amazingly good i think they would have won a state championship. I really don't think they will be the best we ever will have get aswell. we'll see hopfully they turn out to be good players. but from what i have seen of them which was last year a little and the year before, i don't see them being program changing athletes, but hopfully they will add to the movement we have going on right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X