X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchell
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in any ESPN ratings, but ESPN has NDSU's recruits rated as Michael Felt 79, and Jordan Aaberg 76.

Can anybody whose seen Felt, White, & Fiegen play on their AAU team compare them in talent?

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by Chains View Post
    I expect both the Madison recruits to be productive players for the Jacks. Have the people that rank these players actually seen them play? Or do they simply go by stats, size, recruiting attention etc?

Another player that will help the Jacks down the road is Braydon Carlson. An earlier post asked how Braydon was playing. I did not seen the game last night in Brookings but Braydon put up 33 points in a victory over Rapid City Stevens. Brookings host RC Central in Brookings at 2 PM today. Like me if you going to Brookings you can watch Braydon at 2 PM, the Lady Jacks at 5 PM and the Jackrabbit men at 7 PM. Clearly can get your basketball fix in Brookings.

GBGBGJ
    Thanks for the info regarding todays game. I might just have to check the game out before the Jacks.

Leave a comment:

• Chains
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    The rank for position is decent but that really don't mean much.... I could put 10 guys in a gym and have 10 different guys rank them 1-10 and nobody would be the same...

The thing to rank is there grade and a 70+ ranking is good....

Here is the best way to look at it...

40 is the minimal grade for a D-I commit
    generally 40-55/60 is lower D-I
    55/60-80/85 is mid-major
    80-88 is BCS conference but not major players
    88-100 is top 25 D-I... UNC's, Duke, etc..
    I expect both the Madison recruits to be productive players for the Jacks. Have the people that rank these players actually seen them play? Or do they simply go by stats, size, recruiting attention etc?

Another player that will help the Jacks down the road is Braydon Carlson. An earlier post asked how Braydon was playing. I did not seen the game last night in Brookings but Braydon put up 33 points in a victory over Rapid City Stevens. Brookings host RC Central in Brookings at 2 PM today. Like me if you going to Brookings you can watch Braydon at 2 PM, the Lady Jacks at 5 PM and the Jackrabbit men at 7 PM. Clearly can get your basketball fix in Brookings.

GBGBGJ

Leave a comment:

• 76Rabbit
    replied

Here is the story on how ESPN ranks their basketball recruits.

Scouts Inc. High School Grading System

90-100: Immediate Impact Prospect

Player demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program.

80-89: High Major Prospect

Player has the potential to start or significantly contribute as a freshman for most top national Division I programs.

70-79: Major/Mid-Major Prospect

Player either can earn a scholarship to a top national Division I program or contribute significantly as a freshman at the mid-major level.

60-69: Low Division I/Mid-Major Prospect

Player has the ability to earn a scholarship to a mid-major or low Division I program.

50-59: Prospect

Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

45: Pending Prospect w/ film

Scouts Inc. has received film of the prospect and an evaluation is pending.

40: Pending Prospect

Player evaluation is pending receipt of film.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

The rank for position is decent but that really don't mean much.... I could put 10 guys in a gym and have 10 different guys rank them 1-10 and nobody would be the same...

The thing to rank is there grade and a 70+ ranking is good....

Here is the best way to look at it...

40 is the minimal grade for a D-I commit
    generally 40-55/60 is lower D-I
    55/60-80/85 is mid-major
    80-88 is BCS conference but not major players
    88-100 is top 25 D-I... UNC's, Duke, etc..
    Last edited by joeboo22; 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Those are nice comments on Chad and Tony... but the grades I'm a little confused on... 74 and 75... are those good?
    Considering there are 330'ish DI teams and they are ranked 170th and 139th at their positions, they are pretty decent grades.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabit1
    replied

Those are nice comments on Chad and Tony... but the grades I'm a little confused on... 74 and 75... are those good?

Leave a comment:

• Toe Jam
    replied

ESPN has updated its status on Fiegen and White:http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...1&page=commits

Fiegen is ranked as the #170 PF and a grade of 76:
    January, 2009:
    Fiegon is a long athlete that can run the floor well he has excellent touch around the basket and does a great job using angles to score inside. He is a decent rebounder and his skill along with his production should improve as he adds weight and strength. He has good upside and will hit his playing peak while he is in college.

White is ranked as the # 139 SF and a grade of 75:
    January, 2009: White is a super skilled wing that can also play inside. He has shooting range to the arc, is an excellent ball handler, passer and good rebounder on both ends of the floor. He can find open teammates cutting or coming off screens and can rebound in or out of his area. White is fundamentally sound and a very good all around player that can not only score but always does something positive to help his team win.

Leave a comment:

• Chains
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
    Tony Fiegen and Chad White are getting most of our attention this year for good reason. However, Braydon Carlson is quietly having a nice year. Last week against Mitchell he scored 34 points and had 9 rebounds. It is tougher to score more than 30 points in AA ball. Just following the Bobcats boxscores this year he has to be averaging close to 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. Has anyone seen this young man play?
    Watched Braydon play several times. He can score, rebound and defend. Couple areas he will need to improve on are: Staying out of fall trouble. Braydon has a bad habit of picking up foolish fouls. Secondly he needs to get much stronger. Kind of slight of frame. Don't get me wrong he can play and has proven that in the AA ranks. He will red shirt which will allow him to bulk up and work on his game. I agree with your comment about Braydon having an excellent season. Brookings is not nearly the same team when he is setting on the bench in foul trouble. He has the potential to be a nice surprise for the Jacks. Nice size and can score - good combination.

GBGBGJ

Leave a comment:

• YanktonRabbit
    replied

Tony Fiegen and Chad White are getting most of our attention this year for good reason. However, Braydon Carlson is quietly having a nice year. Last week against Mitchell he scored 34 points and had 9 rebounds. It is tougher to score more than 30 points in AA ball. Just following the Bobcats boxscores this year he has to be averaging close to 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. Has anyone seen this young man play?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Chad White and Tony Fiegen on Kelo-Land

http://www.keloland.com/sports/newsd...cfm?Id=0,79823

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    18 is good enough to get into schools but to not be a prop 44 or whatever (what Cordova was) you have to add your ACT to some other score and get something else.... Cordova did fine on his ACT but with him moving to South Dakota before his junior year of high school is what effected him. Everybody is different a 21 should be good enough though....
    You have to have a 18 and the proper core classes taken to be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

18 is good enough to get into schools but to not be a prop 44 or whatever (what Cordova was) you have to add your ACT to some other score and get something else.... Cordova did fine on his ACT but with him moving to South Dakota before his junior year of high school is what effected him. Everybody is different a 21 should be good enough though....

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Earlier it was mentioned that SDSU was looking at Marcus Williams from Hopkins in Minneapolis as a recruit for Point Guard. There is a story about him on Scout.com. Here is the link. Unfortunately I can't read the whole article because I'm not a subscriber. Maybe someone with a subscription could let us know what it says.

The title of the article makes it sound like he received a 21 on his ACT. Which I think is good enough for enterance into most schools (but what do I know, I don't know what the minimum requirements are). I know he is also being looked at for football. If he does not sign on signing day, that would be a good sign that he will try and play BB. In that case SDSU may still be in the running. I'm still not sure which way SDSU is leaning, Point Guard or Post player.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!

Unless it's changed since I graduated an 18 on an ACT will get you into most schools and you must have a 24 to qualify for the Jackrabbit Guanrantee.

21 is good, but not great.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

Earlier it was mentioned that SDSU was looking at Marcus Williams from Hopkins in Minneapolis as a recruit for Point Guard. There is a story about him on Scout.com. Here is the link. Unfortunately I can't read the whole article because I'm not a subscriber. Maybe someone with a subscription could let us know what it says.

The title of the article makes it sound like he received a 21 on his ACT. Which I think is good enough for entrance into most schools (but what do I know, I don't know what the minimum requirements are). I know he is also being looked at for football. If he does not sign on signing day, that would be a good sign that he will try and play BB. In that case SDSU may still be in the running. I'm still not sure which way SDSU is leaning, Point Guard or Post player.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    Last edited by NorCalJack; 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X