• Show
Clear All

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Here is who we have as far as I know...

Class of 09-10
    Chad White- The best player in the state, explosive off of the dribble, his shot is streaky, and could be improved a little bit, he is a universal player, runs the point a lot in high school will probably be more of a 2-3 in College.... could compare him to Kai, but isn't quite the rebounder and is a little bit better off of the dribble.... Probably the best compared to Cain or Grimsley of USD.... though he isn't really in there category and I'd say is a step better then both of them... Best compared to Tveidt of NDSU, but not as good as shooter but more explosive off of the dribble and a little bit quicker in general.

Tony Feigen- One of the best players in the state, hard to compare him to anybody, he is around 6-8 and has really beefed up in the past year, he is fundamentally sound on the block, (similar to Hansbrough when it comes to fundamentals) a great passer from the post can hit that 12-14 foot jumper.... Is really good on defense....

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

2011 recruit Zach Horstman from Winner

Really hard to judge the kid because he has little around him and Winner is a big disappointment in basketball every year, has done reasonably well for the schoolers..... I can't really judge him but I watched him play as an 8th grader and everybody around me was saying he is going to be something special someday......
    Billy likes to drink soda.

Miss Lippy's car is green.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue
    replied

Went to the Flandreau v. Madison game tonight. All I can is wow. Fiegen really impressed me tonight. His overall game is very good. Can play the post, and also step out and hit the three as well. He had two pretty nice dunks tonight. The best was on a 2 on 1 break, the guard threw it off the glass and Fiegen went up and threw it down. Now that folks is pretty impressive.
    White on the other hand is going to be a absolute stud. Guy is 6'7 and can handle the rock. He didn't have a monster game, but he didn't really need to.
    Overall very impressed with both guys. They will play next year. Both have been in the weight room and have put on quite a bit of muscle. Thats great to see that these two guys not only work hard on the court but also in weight room.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I'd like a complete breakdown of each recruit we currently have on the radar and how they compare to each recruit for both NDSU and USD, please. Actually, they don't have to be "complete" breakdowns. In fact, I'd prefer basic comparison principles such as "he sucks" or "he's not even half the player ___ is". Because, despite the fact that all compared athletes are/were deemed worthy to play D1 basketball by people paid to make such determinations, one of them has to obviously suck when in comparison of the other. Thank you.
    Here is who we have as far as I know...

Class of 09-10
    Chad White- The best player in the state, explosive off of the dribble, his shot is streaky, and could be improved a little bit, he is a universal player, runs the point a lot in high school will probably be more of a 2-3 in College.... could compare him to Kai, but isn't quite the rebounder and is a little bit better off of the dribble.... Probably the best compared to Cain or Grimsley of USD.... though he isn't really in there category and I'd say is a step better then both of them... Best compared to Tveidt of NDSU, but not as good as shooter but more explosive off of the dribble and a little bit quicker in general.

Tony Feigen- One of the best players in the state, hard to compare him to anybody, he is around 6-8 and has really beefed up in the past year, he is fundamentally sound on the block, (similar to Hansbrough when it comes to fundamentals) a great passer from the post can hit that 12-14 foot jumper.... Is really good on defense....

Brayden Carlson- 6-4/6-5 PG/SG, a little less known but I've talked to people who watched the schoolers this summer and said he was better the Felt (sp) that is going to NDSU... Is a big smart guard, probably the best guard in AA (not that there is much).... SDSU is taking a little bit of a gamble on him but I like what I've heard about him, Hes from Brookings wants to be a Jack pretty bad, is a basketball player, and has the body and basketball smarts to be a good guard for the Jacks..... again hard to compare him to anybody, maybe a Sargent on the team...

2011 recruit Zach Horstman from Winner

Really hard to judge the kid because he has little around him and Winner is a big disappointment in basketball every year, has done reasonably well for the schoolers..... I can't really judge him but I watched him play as an 8th grader and everybody around me was saying he is going to be something special someday......
    Last edited by joeboo22; 01-16-2009, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    replied

I'd like a complete breakdown of each recruit we currently have on the radar and how they compare to each recruit for both NDSU and USD, please. Actually, they don't have to be "complete" breakdowns. In fact, I'd prefer basic comparison principles such as "he sucks" or "he's not even half the player ___ is". Because, despite the fact that all compared athletes are/were deemed worthy to play D1 basketball by people paid to make such determinations, one of them has to obviously suck when in comparison of the other. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

I know it's a ways away but I would suggest anyone in the Brookings area go to Volga Feb. 13 to see Madison take on Sioux Valley. As of right now, both teams are undefeated and could certainly be that way game Feb. 13. It would also be the last good chance to see the Madison boys in action without traveling to Madison.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

I agree posters should stop making the comparisons between these two. We didn't get (or want at some point) Tveidt. I think there were some good reasons...and the coaching staff made its decisions right or wrong. It doesn't matter! And only time will tell whether Chad White performs at, above, or below the level that Tviedt does when they are at the same point in their college careers. Let's move on (I know I can not look at the thread, but I keep looking at it, hoping we will move on to other 2009-10 recruit news (Tviedt is no longer news, nor is White in this thread.) Let's move on...got any new 2009-10 recruit info, anybody?

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    Doesn't Tveidt high jump 6'8 or something like that? The guy is very athletic, in fact Saul said he is close to Mike Nelson in terms of defense(which is high praise considering Nelson is our best defender). Tveidt is also almost shooting 60% from the field, and the guy can score in so many different ways. I've been impressed by Tveidt ever since he stepped on the court against Florida where he had 12 points and 8 boards in his first regular season game.

I'm sure White is a good player, but I think some people need to remember the learning curve in DI basketball is very steep. Some of the expectations I have seen are quite high to say the least.
    I believe Michael was a state high jump champion but I could be wrong

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Doesn't Tveidt high jump 6'8 or something like that? The guy is very athletic, in fact Saul said he is close to Mike Nelson in terms of defense(which is high praise considering Nelson is our best defender). Tveidt is also almost shooting 60% from the field, and the guy can score in so many different ways. I've been impressed by Tveidt ever since he stepped on the court against Florida where he had 12 points and 8 boards in his first regular season game.

I'm sure White is a good player, but I think some people need to remember the learning curve in DI basketball is very steep. Some of the expectations I have seen are quite high to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    Chad White's a complete player and very athletic........no doubt he'll be better than MT.
    Can we please stop comparing Chad White to Michael Tveidt please?? Tveidt is also very athletic and a complete player, the comparison is unnecessary as both are very good players. But then again I'm probably being a Pierre homer again.

Leave a comment:

• Jack4Life
    replied

I haven't seen White and Fiegen play in person since the Hansen Classic last year. I did watch the tourney on line, but it sounds like White is much healthier this season. He was still pretty gimpy at the Classic last year.

Leave a comment:

• minnesotarabbit
    replied

Chad White's a complete player and very athletic........no doubt he'll be better than MT.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    I did go to the game when they played in Brookings a couple of weeks ago. Chad has healed from last years injury. We didn't see the real Chad in the State Tourney last year. They play very well together and with the team. They were actually the front two players on their press in the game I watched. I only wished they faced some players their height in the game I watched. They had a 2-3" advantage on the other players but they still are very good players.
    Yeah I knew Chad wasn't fully healthy as State last year, I only watched the first game of State too. there is no doubt in my mind both of them are going to be very good here at State, just pointing out I wasn't blown away with them. I think they do the little things right and don't always stand out.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    We didn't see the real Chad in the State Tourney last year.
    I think you are correct. Others have seen good things to since the tourney. So not really questioning their ability(Fiegen and White) so much as Joeboo's comment that they are something to the affect head and shoulders in ability over Micheal Tviedt. That conclusion remains to be seen. Michael had a pretty good game against us in Fargo and that was hard for me to take, as they ran a certain play that allowed a three from MT and he executed 100 per cent. We could not stop this play and that sticks in mind too, and also made me ponder why he was not wearing yellow and blue.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

The recruits that are coming in are going to be very good for SDSU, but I agree with Nidaros in that the only time I've seen the two Madison boys play was at the state tournament last year and wasn't overly impressed.
    I did go to the game when they played in Brookings a couple of weeks ago. Chad has healed from last years injury. We didn't see the real Chad in the State Tourney last year. They play very well together and with the team. They were actually the front two players on their press in the game I watched. I only wished they faced some players their height in the game I watched. They had a 2-3" advantage on the other players but they still are very good players.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Enough with the thread drift.
    Sorry, I was a huge part in it, I was just sick of some people, not people on here but some SDSU fans I have come across, bash Michael because he chose NDSU over SDSU even though he was from South Dakota. This was not the right place for me to vent it, but I felt the need to let it out.

The recruits that are coming in are going to be very good for SDSU, but I agree with Nidaros in that the only time I've seen the two Madison boys play was at the state tournament last year and wasn't overly impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X