• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackmd
    replied
    Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
    Dusty Tetzlaff has verbally committed to USD.
    I think Boots is continuing to recruit well. Several of his signees sound like guys with a lot of upside and potential. It will be interesting to see if their relative success at the DII level will transmit during the transition. Looks promising for now.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Some of us who followed Dad's career see this as a slight on SDSU part, but maybe not. Its about what we need currently in terms of recruits and not about past legends and their offspring. Obviously the talent of Dustin Tetzlaff does not match Feigen and White in terms of current needs and that may explain the walk on offer.

Feigen and White were with the coaching staff last Saturday morning at Perkins, so I suppose this was their offical campus visit and a chance to talk to them about a written commitment which happens next month if I am not mistaken or is that next year?

At any rate, I would not want to be Dustin Tetzlaff and be forced to live up to his legendy father and expectations of fans. I hope he is a success at USD. I believe the Tetzlaff family is very loyal to SDSU so I dont think this will have a big impact. Jim Woster's niece ended up at USD and that did not change his outlook on SDSU. He is still bleeding yellow and blue.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Is it true to assume USD offered a scholarship and SDSU an opportunity to walk on? Would have been fun to watch this legacy develop at SDSU!
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cadsev
    replied

Dusty Tetzlaff has verbally committed to USD.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan54
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Am I think all Jackrabbits fans are very happy about that!
    After watching his brother's pre season exhibition game last night here in Regina we are very happy Kai moved away from home to play at a much higher level.., too bad Jamal did not get the same opportunity as his brother did...

Leave a comment:

• Cadsev
    replied

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    I respect your knowledge of h.s. basketball a lot and I hope you are right with the statement in the first sentence. I know White had the knee surgery early last year and probably wasn't 100% all year. I watched him all three games of the "A" tournament last year and expected more. He needs to fine tune his ball handling skills and shooting. The point guard from Platte (winners of the title game) was easily the most impressive player Saturday night. I personally like Fiegen better the handful of times I've watched Madison. He does need to rebound more aggressively if he is going to play a "4". Maybe with Madison getting so close to the title last year, but not winning, we will see the hungry attitude I would like to see out of them every night and not the half-hearted game they seem to put out about once every other week. That will be a direct compliment or knock on the White/Fiegen duo.

I heard a little rumbling out of the Madison crowd that White's younger brother could be better than Chad. Any insights?
    Safe to say that Chad played at about 65-70% last season due to the injury. Tony stepped up HUGE for Madison and provided a lift for the team many times. Chad is healthy again and has his bounce and athletic ability back to normal. Tony now struggles to get his ankle healthy and hopefully is 100% by the start of the season. Madison has a lot of talent and it will be interesting to see if they can pull it all together this season and win the Class A Tournament. I'm certain that Platte and formidable opponents.

As for Mitch White, he's about a 6'4" Sophomore who has a chance as well to be an outstanding basketball player. I won't compare him to his brother as they do have some differences in their games and no sense creating unnecessary debate but will state that Chad is bigger at the same age than Mitch is right now.

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
    Chad White is the best senior basketball player in SD. He's healthy and ready to have a monster senior year. He'll be capable as will Fiegen to step in day one at SDSU and help out the team. They are both Mid Major talents. I've listed athletes above who played DI last year from SD and all could have help SDSU succeed (and it should be noted that not all played for the Dakota Schoolers). There is talent within SD that can help the team. If you don't believe it, then you are too narrow minded and living in a world of denial. Take that with a grain of salt as well if you'd like.
    I respect your knowledge of h.s. basketball a lot and I hope you are right with the statement in the first sentence. I know White had the knee surgery early last year and probably wasn't 100% all year. I watched him all three games of the "A" tournament last year and expected more. He needs to fine tune his ball handling skills and shooting. The point guard from Platte (winners of the title game) was easily the most impressive player Saturday night. I personally like Fiegen better the handful of times I've watched Madison. He does need to rebound more aggressively if he is going to play a "4". Maybe with Madison getting so close to the title last year, but not winning, we will see the hungry attitude I would like to see out of them every night and not the half-hearted game they seem to put out about once every other week. That will be a direct compliment or knock on the White/Fiegen duo.

I heard a little rumbling out of the Madison crowd that White's younger brother could be better than Chad. Any insights?

Leave a comment:

• sfjacksfan99
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Quite frankly,i don't care if we get recruits from South Dakota or Mars. As long as they have talent, are good students, and represent the University well, is good enough for me.
    I agree wholeheartedly. SDSU could start 5 guys from Mars and if they were 25-6, they would draw 3 times as many people as 5 area guys going 6-25. Get the talent and they (being the fans) will come.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
    Many young men want to spread their wings and play away from their hometown.
    Am I think all Jackrabbits fans are very happy about that!

Leave a comment:

• bballfan54
    replied

Many young men want to spread their wings and play away from their hometown.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Quite frankly,i don't care if we get recruits from South Dakota or Mars. As long as they have talent, are good students, and represent the University well, is good enough for me.
    I agree completely. I was just saying that South Dakota does have a few players every year that are solid players at the mid-major DI level. I've talked to Michael and Kai and they are fine young men. Keep bringing in players like them and SDSU basketball will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    yes it is. I think in the past they have asked for food donations but I don't think that is the case anymore. I might be wrong. I checked the SDSU website and there wasn't anything on there about Midnight Madness. I know last year it did not cost so I am going to say it doesn't again this year.
    I'm going to bring a pair of new shoes for Coach Nagy's Samaritan's Feet project. If anybody else is interested, you can donate shoes or money (the shoes should be new, size 3 to 9).

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

How about track star and Drake transfer Jared Vlastiun? He could be a welcome addition to the basketball team in another season or two, given the Jacks' ongoing size challenge. Vlastiun would certainly have jumping ability.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

What is the status of Dusty Tetzlaff? Who is recruiting him and what are his strengths and weaknesses? At 6'7 is he more of a post player or mobile enough to play on the outside? I was also curious if Sophmore verbal recruit Zach Horstman has the frame to add some more height?

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Is Midnight Madness free admission?
    yes it is. I think in the past they have asked for food donations but I don't think that is the case anymore. I might be wrong. I checked the SDSU website and there wasn't anything on there about Midnight Madness. I know last year it did not cost so I am going to say it doesn't again this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X