Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I'd expect he takes it. That's a lot more money than his current salary.
    Definitely more money than I thought. I was thinking 300K, not close to 500K.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

I'll be kind of surprised if he doesn't go.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Greg stemen says he would be surprised if the deal is less than 5 years

Comment

What do people think our top end is?

Comment

I doubt SDSU could match the $450K, but this sure gives him leverage for a raise. At some point, if we hope to continue as a strong mid-major we are going to have to pay our coaches market value for their work. We've been fortunate to keep AJ, Nagy, and Stig as long as we have, but at some point they either need to be paid or they will leave. He'd be insane not to take a $250k raise if SDSU can't up the ante to at least get it close.

Comment

The former WSU coach was fired because he had no NCAA appearances, and 22 wins did get him another year. Some of these presidents and AD's have very high expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Certainly less than $450k That is our problem going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Right now probably 250-275k. And that's probably if a donor kicks in. That'd be my guess.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

What has Greg Steeman provided other than opinion? Seems people shouldn't be naming potential successors just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      What has Greg Steeman provided other than opinion? Seems people shouldn't be naming potential successors just yet.
                      I agree but for some reason, he has an inside source. Justin Sell, I suspect is not sitting around reading the Sunday funnies.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Why not? Is speculation not tolerated on this message board?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Why not? Is speculation not tolerated on this message board?
                          For those like myself who have no idea who Greg Stemen is I did a google on this guy and surprise, he is one of the Midco game announcers, who is from North Dakota, Fort Ransom to be exact, and was coaching SWMU when they dropped that 38 point loss on us.. Weird but this is one of his coaching highlights. But being in the media, he just might have a good source on what is going on. I suspect he struck up a friendship with Coach Nagy during his 8 years at SWMU.

Comment

Likely we need to come up with a competitive offer. It doesn't have to be the same, but competitive. The reason that is at least in my opinion is we will have to be there anyway to hire a quality replacment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Likely we need to come up with a competitive offer. It doesn't have to be the same, but competitive. The reason that is at least in my opinion is we will have to be there anyway to hire a quality replacment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                              Exactly, I don't think we will be able to get anyone with skills to work cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Exactly, I don't think we will be able to get anyone with skills to work cheap.
                                I don't know about that. We hired a quality young guy 20 years ago with that approach.

Who knows? Hate to see him go but SDSU is in a great place and will be an attractive place for a new coach.

Now, what I agree with is we've been lucky to hang on to Scott for so long. Hanging on to the next candidate will likely be harder and more cash so why not just pay the man!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X