Nagy to Wright State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

The title of this thread would suggest that Nagy is rumored to be leaving for Wrights State, while the blurb in the article only suggests his name was mentioned in conversation by Wright State. This thread is titled moronically.

Or what I mean to say is Hareball is a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm willing to guess Nagy's has come up at Wright State, it makes sense, if you are a mid-major school who pays fairly well in the Ohio River Valley, you contact Nagy. He did interview at Ball State (may have even been offered the job), he interviewed last year somewhere, (may have also been offered the job), both which paid pretty well, and both where the pressure to win wasn't near as great.

So I would be pretty surprised if he left for Wright State, at the same time if they say hey, here is a 4 year $2.4 million contract and you have quite a bit of control in terms of schedule and assistants, and on top you get a big recruiting budget, then maybe he says you know what. I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        The title of this thread would suggest that Nagy is rumored to be leaving for Wrights State, while the blurb in the article only suggests his name was mentioned in conversation by Wright State. This thread is titled moronically.

Or what I mean to say is Hareball is a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*filbert, frustrated, begins counting down from one million . . . very, very slowly . . .*
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Scott Nagy came in 1990 so with the broken service at SIU-E we are talking 26 years ago, and according my calculation he was born in 1966 and now is 50 years old or will be this year. I think he is getting closer to retirement and no doubt is thinking about that. Its not like Tim Miles who at a much younger age made several moves up the ladder. Based on age I think he stays, which is fine with me and everyone else. There are no doubt many candidates out there looking for a HC position at Wright State. The weird part is that Donlon had a 22 win season. If Nagy is hired away, he no doubt starts out with a very good program.

Comment

I just can't see Nagy leaving unless it is maybe a P5 school.

Comment

Definitely looks like a lateral move to me.

And Nagy's earned a raise at SDSU, I think.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Definitely looks like a lateral move to me.

And Nagy's earned a raise at SDSU, I think.
                Agree on both points. Also, Nagy has built up enough good will at SDSU to ride out a down year, now and then. Wright State, which apparently is looking to rise above the mediocrity that it's been stuck in forever, might not be as patient.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Here is the latest from Hoop Dirt on the Wright State position which indicates that the Wright State AD has a list of 6-7 coaches that have or will interview for the position. I do not certify or in any way, shape or form vouch for the accuracy of this source nor do I seek to mislead any of the members of this esteemed forum. Please click on and read the attached link at your own discretion.

http://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-33016/
                  USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                    Here is the latest from Hoop Dirt on the Wright State position which indicates that the Wright State AD has a list of 6-7 coaches that have or will interview for the position. I do not certify or in any way, shape or form vouch for the accuracy of this source nor do I seek to mislead any of the members of this esteemed forum. Please click on and read the attached link at your own discretion.

http://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-33016/
                    You did write the title of the thread though correct?

Comment

Of course the title of the thread is meant to agitate. Hareball is a coyote fan (maybe even a more than just a fan.....). So, don't let it agitate. Of course Coach Nagy's name is in the conversation for some open positions.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Of course the title of the thread is meant to agitate. Hareball is a coyote fan (maybe even a more than just a fan.....). So, don't let it agitate. Of course Coach Nagy's name is in the conversation for some open positions.
                        It would be a little disapointing if Nagys or AJs names didnt come up for discussion at the very least.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

With a list of 6 or 7 who are interested, surely one of them will take a bite. The home attendance for Wright State was 4355 for 15 games. Attendance does look good. Home attendance for SDSU was 2782, so Wright State is much better than us on attendance. Much better than I had first thought. I had pictured them playing often to an empty gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            With a list of 6 or 7 who are interested, surely one of them will take a bite. The home attendance for Wright State was 4355 for 15 games. Attendance does look good. Home attendance for SDSU was 2782, so Wright State is much better than us on attendance. Much better than I had first thought. I had pictured them playing often to an empty gym.
                            I would be willing to bet that figure is "tickets sold" considering we're about the only ones in the freakin nation that still counts "butts in seats".
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              I would be willing to bet that figure is "tickets sold" considering we're about the only ones in the freakin nation that still counts "butts in seats".
                              Look at there website, they have people at the games, and nice facility to play in. I am willing to bet its butts in the seat that are counted.

Comment

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
                                How about this: Wright State let the players meet all the coaching candidates that came to campus. Marty Simmons, Scott Nagy, Joe Dooley.

Nagy was at Wright State's campus?

Comment

Working...
                                X