Nagy to Wright State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Obviously, a ton of factors to consider for Coach NAGY and his family.

As for the dollars, you'd have to factor everything from income taxes, property taxes, etc. With the rumored offer of double his current salary it works out but maybe there is an offer from SDSU that is less but is equivalent.

I have faith in the AD to do what is best for SDSU.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      My complete guess is that if this was a more prestigious basketball school, he would have left in a heart beat. He's getting paid more but there will be a ton of pressure to perform. And it's almost a lateral move with conferences, etc.
      Wright State can double his salary. We have a 10k seat arena and have averaged between 4-6k fans for the last decade. We also have a 30k square foot basketball only practice facility.

And Donlon was fired for the entirety of his tenure here not just last season. He inherited a team that won 20+ games and finished in the top 100 4 years in a row. He was a couple of games above .500 for his 6 year career and never finished in the top 100 or go to the NIT or NCAA. His 22 wins this year were against a schedule full of cupcakes and the HL when the HL had it's worst finish in over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDWSU View Post
        Wright State can double his salary. We have a 10k seat arena and have averaged between 4-6k fans for the last decade. We also have a 30k square foot basketball only practice facility.

And Donlon was fired for the entirety of his tenure here not just last season. He inherited a team that won 20+ games and finished in the top 100 4 years in a row. He was a couple of games above .500 for his 6 year career and never finished in the top 100 or go to the NIT or NCAA. His 22 wins this year were against a schedule full of cupcakes and the HL when the HL had it's worst finish in over 20 years.
        I appreciate the info. I don't doubt Wright State is a step up. I just wasn't sure it was a big enough one. Especially the conference. That said, it sounds like Nagy has taken the job. Good luck to him.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDWSU View Post

Was the old coach at Wright State not a likeable guy? Only heard a few thing about him, but getting a perspective from a person who is familiar with the program would be nice. Also, what's the AD like at WSU? Many would be surprised at how important that is to a coach when making a decision to join/leave a program.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

@goodmanespn South Dakota State’s Scott Nagy expected to take the Wright State job, sources told ESPN.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Jeff Goodman is reporting that Nagy is expected to take the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Jeff Goodman is reporting that Nagy is expected to take the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Sources are wrong sometimes right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  @goodmanespn South Dakota State’s Scott Nagy expected to take the Wright State job, sources told ESPN.
                  Damn

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                    Sources are wrong sometimes right?
                    AJ took the Green Bay job......

Comment

It'll be ok. Change is good for everybody when the time is right. Just don't bring in some dude that likes to play in the 60's (pt range) and run 28 seconds off each possession. That would suck...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        It'll be ok. Change is good for everybody when the time is right. Just don't bring in some dude that likes to play in the 60's (pt range) and run 28 seconds off each possession. That would suck...
                        I agree that change is good. It wont be the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          I agree that change is good. It wont be the end of the world.
                          Long term we'll probably be fine. Short term, this might sting. I'll reserve judgement till I see the hire.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Is it bad that I believe Wright State would be a downgrade (other than pay)?

Sorry Rabbit bros.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                            2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Like 13 other DI schools in Ohio and this one isn't even the best school in Dayton. I think Nagy could have done better in terms of schools and conferences and the AD sounds like a real piece of work! With all that said I think we will get a good replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Why not? Is speculation not tolerated on this message board?
                                Sure. But, someone saying go slow on assembling a list of replacements until there's something more concrete should be tolerated as well. Don't you agree?

Now, since JackguyII's comment, ESPN's Goodman has tweeted an assertion of fact that says the job was offered and will be accepted. Goodman posting as he has carries some weight, it seems to me. He wouldn't risk his reputation on thin air.

Comment

Working...
                                X