Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by BigDWSU View Post
    Wright State can double his salary. We have a 10k seat arena and have averaged between 4-6k fans for the last decade. We also have a 30k square foot basketball only practice facility.

And Donlon was fired for the entirety of his tenure here not just last season. He inherited a team that won 20+ games and finished in the top 100 4 years in a row. He was a couple of games above .500 for his 6 year career and never finished in the top 100 or go to the NIT or NCAA. His 22 wins this year were against a schedule full of cupcakes and the HL when the HL had it's worst finish in over 20 years.
    USD was on there schedule this season. (Wright State won)

Comment

Well if it's true, that's a bummer. Coach Nagy deserves the $400K+ they're talking about. The good news is that Coach Nagy's amazing run of success, particularly in the last five years, has made the SDSU job a very desirable one. Wright State is getting a terrific coach and good man.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Well if it's true I wonder how many other dominos would fall.....

Comment

I wouldn't mind the job going to Ryan Miller, Coach Cooley, or Coach Klink. I'm iffy on Billeter.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Well if it's true, that's a bummer. Coach Nagy deserves the $400K+ they're talking about. The good news is that Coach Nagy's amazing run of success, particularly in the last five years, has made the SDSU job a very desirable one. Wright State is getting a terrific coach and good man.
            He has to strike while iron is hot. Who knows what next season will bring with the seniors leaving.

Thanks to Scott Nagy for making this program a contender. He steered us through some real rough times. The city will miss his entire family.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'd like to go somewhere outside of the program. Upper mid-major or high major assistant.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

My inside source, which I cannot reveal says it is a done deal. Announcement will be tomorrow. Great coach and great guy going to Wright State.

Comment

Story in the Argus Leader, on-line:
                  http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2016/04/03/report-wright-state-wants-sdsus-nagy/82584836/

First paragraph from the article:

"South Dakota State men’s basketball coach Scott Nagy is expected to accept an offer to take the same position at Wright State University, according to a report from ESPN college basketball reporter Jeff Goodman...."

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    He has to strike while iron is hot. Who knows what next season will bring with the seniors leaving.

Thanks to Scott Nagy for making this program a contender. He steered us through some real rough times. The city will miss his entire family.
                    If it is true is the key. Certainly everyone would hope Coach Nagy the best. However, I will be waiting for official news or the lack of an announcement. AD Sell now knows what the market is demanding for a coach that brings the success the Jackrabbits have enjoyed. You cannot have the best deal in MBB on a head coach for an extended time.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Anyone know what Ryan Miller is making as an Assistant at Auburn?

Comment

I believe he is at UNLV now

Comment

Yes, you are right Miller is at UNLV.

Comment

If we have to be looking for a new coach, it sure is a lot better search when the coach to be replaced changed jobs because of success.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Anyone know what Ryan Miller is making as an Assistant at UNLV?
                              I found this: $124,473.70
                              http://transparentnevada.com/salarie...%20COACH&t=job

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Yes, you are right Miller is at UNLV.
                                This may be from 2014, but it says just above $100,000 plus benefits.
                                http://transparentnevada.com/salarie...NT+COACH&t=job

*sandakota beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X