Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    That's my thought as well. I fully expect Nagy to leave a some point, but Wright State really isn't the job I figured he'd leave for. Bradley U last year made more sense last year being it is in his home state and MVC teams pay more than Summit teams in general, but Horizon isn't really a step up from the Summit, Wright State definitely isn't a step up as a program (not even the top dog in it's own metro area), and I can't imagine we couldn't match their salary.
    That's what Bisonville said about Bohl to Wyoming.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      That's what Bisonville said about Bohl to Wyoming.
      Which hasn't exactly worked out great for bohl so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        I don't know about that. We hired a quality young guy 20 years ago with that approach.

Who knows? Hate to see him go but SDSU is in a great place and will be an attractive place for a new coach.

Now, what I agree with is we've been lucky to hang on to Scott for so long. Hanging on to the next candidate will likely be harder and more cash so why not just pay the man!

SUPERBUNNY
        Twenty years ago is not today.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Which hasn't exactly worked out great for bohl so far.
          A golden parachute, it worked for Joe Glenn. Those Wyo. ranchers seem to like buy outs.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
            Greg Stemen@GregStemen 10m10 minutes ago
            Wright State offer will be in neighborhood of $450K/yr.

Greg Stemen@GregStemen 11s12 seconds ago
            $450K will be the low end at Wright State.
            Life as an annual NCAA tournament school (or close to that, as SDSU now is) gets pricey. This is college athletics today.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Twenty years ago is not today.
              Agreed! That's why I put that full post down.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Agreed! That's why I put that full post down.

SUPERBUNNY
                I agree about paying the man but what if he is interested in going somewhere else for more, it becomes about the next guy who I am sure will be well qualified and paid more. We are going to have to get in the game with $$$$

Comment

Now the title of this thread seems appropriate. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Perhaps Nagy is looking for new challenges.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The way I look at it is we are all going to be paying more $$$ for football tickets.

How does everyone feel about paying another $10-15/seat/game for basketball tickets. That's probably the $$$k needed to come up with the funds needed for Nagy and AJ both.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Congrats to Coach Nagy.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Congrats to Coach Nagy.
                        Its final?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Its final?
                          No reputable source has posted anything about Nagy accepting yet. Only offered.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            No reputable source has posted anything about Nagy accepting yet. Only offered.
                            Thats what i thought. The question is, is money more important than being happy in brookings. Is he just ready to do something different? I guess i was in a situation where i doubled my salary but not a happier guy. At his age, whats more important? If we could pay him $275,000, thats not a bad for Brookings SD. Would that satisfy him. It isnt always about money for everyone. I hope its not for him.

Comment

Thats what i thought. The question is, is money more important than being happy in brookings. Is he just ready to do something different? I guess i was in a situation where i doubled my salary but not a happier guy. At his age, whats more important? If we could pay him $275,000, thats not a bad for Brookings SD. Would that satisfy him. It isnt always about money for everyone. I hope its not for him.
                              If it is mostly about money, you would think Nagy gives Sell an opportunity to come up with a counter offer..I have a hard time believing he would not do that, unless he absolutely has decided that it is time to move on.

Comment

My complete guess is that if this was a more prestigious basketball school, he would have left in a heart beat. He's getting paid more but there will be a ton of pressure to perform. And it's almost a lateral move with conferences, etc.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X