Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Careful BTown...got a few hard-core Dukies on here. Don't $hit yourself if we do get matched up with them they'll have a tough time letting themselves truly root for the Jacks.
    Let's say there's a few on here that don't want to see that match up due to the fact that the team they've been watching on ESPN, CBS, etc since they were in diapers go down their home-state team would literally make them crap their pants. They never contemplated it when the school they actually attended went D1 and would never let themselves.
    Hell...I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a couple of them still wear their Dukie Starter jackets this time of year.

Screw it... Come on comittttee...give us the Dukies...I'd love to see some heads explode around SD and on this board if we come out and knock their smug asses off!!��

BTW...to all you Duke lovers that will come at this post...I have ZERO alligence to any other CBB team like you'll no doubt accuse me of. Other then the Jacks I could give 2-$hits less and will be basically done watching the tournmemt after the first 2 rounds, especIally if there's no Cinderella left.
    Christ. No one is saying Duke is untouchable. Get off your soap box.

If there is a year to draw Duke this year is as good as any.

Comment

If Duke was not enough of a high profile matchup for you, CBS now projects SDSU will be playing Kentucky (12 vs. 5).

A 12 seed definitely seems to be within reach. The Bracket Matrix average now stands at 12.6, which makes us the third #12. Their 5 seeds are Duke, Cal, Arizona and Iowa St.

My guess is that we are headed for a 13 because I can't remember the last time an SDSU team seemed to get a good deal on seeding.

Comment

And by 8 pm tonight, we will likely be talking about something different as the brackets will be for real. It is guaranteed we will play a P5 since so many will be in the bracket(nearly half of the teams). The Jackrabbits will need 40 minutes of basketball like the first 15 minutes against Baylor the first time out. It would be great to have the Jackrabbits fall into a 11 seed to get a bit more confidence up front. OK, let them get a 12 seed if not 11. I will be ready for the brackets by this afternoon.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Our RPI is now 31. I know it means nothing but i remember the days when we were in the high 200's.

Comment

I can't figure out why Yale is projected ahead of us. What have they done?

Comment

Does anybody know off-hand where this team compares SOS and RPI Vs. our other Tournament teams?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Does anybody know off-hand where this team compares SOS and RPI Vs. our other Tournament teams?
                The links accessible via ESPN's bracket (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology) include a fairly detailed summary, which includes SoS and other possible facts of interest. Here's a link to SDSU's summary there: http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll.../_/teamId/2571

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Christ. No one is saying Duke is untouchable. Get off your soap box.

If there is a year to draw Duke this year is as good as any.
                  I've found the whole conversation pretty amusing.

A 5 seed is still a pretty darn good basketball team. In theory, better than oh, for instance, a 12 seed.

"That's why they play the game."
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The UMKC road loss was a bad one!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      This is just simply nuts!!!! I can't stop looking at Bracketology! I wouldn't mind a Duke honestly - they aren't very good and talk about making a name for ourselves. That would put us squarely on the map.

After watching Seton Hall play this weekend and winning the Big East tourney, I want nothing to do with them and their powerful 4 sophomores. Wow, they are good and going to be really good next year!
                      I think Seton Hall will be overseeded

Comment

The Oklahoman is suggesting an 11-seed for the Jackrabbits, which would be awesome seeding for the squad. I'll wait to see if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Yeah, I mean they only beat UNC at Chapel Hill, it's not like they have proven themselves this year.
                          Cmon now, the reality is:
                          Duke<UNC<Northern Iowa<Illinois State<SDSU

Just saying.....

Comment

This methodology of seeding makes it difficult, but NDSU upset Oklahoma not long ago. There is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              I've found the whole conversation pretty amusing.

A 5 seed is still a pretty darn good basketball team. In theory, better than oh, for instance, a 12 seed.

"That's why they play the game."
                              Right. Its going to take a hell of an effort and a little luck to pull an upset.

Comment

Well we need to be cheering for UL Monroe over UALR today. ULM has a 5 point lead at the half. UALR is probably seeded higher than us and we would take their seed if they lose.

The other game that we should be watching is the Memphis vs. UConn game. If Memphis wins then it will bump out another 11 seed and then the top rated 13 seed will move into a 12 seed and the highest 12 seed will move up to an 11 seed.

If both of these games go our way, we should be a lock 12 seed and a chance at an 11 seed.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X