Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Well with Weber State getting into the tourney will help our seeding also. Committee looks at your schedule and how many teams you played that actually made the NCAA tournament. So we have played Florida Gulf Coast, Middle Tennessee and Weber State twice. We went 3-1 against the tourney field, going 1-0 at home, 1-0 at neutral site and 1-1 on the road.
    Texas Tech is also projected to be in the field. CSU Bakersfiels is also in their championship tonight.

Comment

This is just simply nuts!!!! I can't stop looking at Bracketology! I wouldn't mind a Duke honestly - they aren't very good and talk about making a name for ourselves. That would put us squarely on the map.

After watching Seton Hall play this weekend and winning the Big East tourney, I want nothing to do with them and their powerful 4 sophomores. Wow, they are good and going to be really good next year!

Comment

My bad - we played Santa Barbara this year, not Bakersfield.

Comment

And for one more...I'm starting to think our RPI is too high but anyway:
          Lunardi's 10 Line:
          UCONN at a 45
          Pitt at a 52
          St. Bonnie at a 30(1 spot better than the Jacks)
          Gonzaga at a 43

WOW...my head is spinning.

BTW...I'm using NCAA's RPI site.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Does anyone know if the selection committee uses anything other than RPI anymore? Such as the newer BPI created by the number gurus at ESPN? We are far lower on the BPI charts than RPI.

Comment

Oh Heck...why not 1 more:
              9-Line
              Wichita State(who I don't think gets in) at a 46
              Oregon State at a 34
              Texas Tech(who beat us)at a 35
              Butler at a 58

Unreal...my head might explode if I go to the 8.

Full Disclosure...I fully understand that RPI is not all they look at but holy $hit.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                This is just simply nuts!!!! I can't stop looking at Bracketology! I wouldn't mind a Duke honestly - they aren't very good and talk about making a name for ourselves. That would put us squarely on the map.

After watching Seton Hall play this weekend and winning the Big East tourney, I want nothing to do with them and their powerful 4 sophomores. Wow, they are good and going to be really good next year!
                Duke isnt very good? ok.....

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I don't think they are as good as they have been in past years. Don't get me wrong though, they are still a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Sorry, let me rephrase....there are some other teams in the proposed bracket that are far better. Or...if we are going to get paired with Duke, this would be the year to get them. They're a shell of their usual self this year due to NBA draftees and injuries.

Comment

Sorry, let me rephrase....there are some other teams in the proposed bracket that are far better. Or...if we are going to get paired with Duke, this would be the year to get them. They're a shell of their usual self this year due to NBA draftees and injuries.
                      Yeah, I mean they only beat UNC at Chapel Hill, it's not like they have proven themselves this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Yeah, I mean they only beat UNC at Chapel Hill, it's not like they have proven themselves this year.
                        Did I say they haven't proven themselves (or have proven? - I can't quite tell what you meant above by your contradictory, likely sarcastic, statements).

Duke is a proposed #5 seed meaning there are 16 other teams ranked higher. Their recent struggles....

....nevermind - it isn't worth it.

I'm done. And I'm not a UNC or Duke fan nor a UNC or Duke hater.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          They are 19/21 in the polls. They aren't world beaters this year like they usually are. They are an inconsistent team. The highest I see them going is the Sweet 16 depending on the match-ups.

Comment

Careful BTown...got a few hard-core Dukies on here. Don't $hit yourself if we do get matched up with them they'll have a tough time letting themselves truly root for the Jacks.
                            Let's say there's a few on here that don't want to see that match up due to the fact that the team they've been watching on ESPN, CBS, etc since they were in diapers go down their home-state team would literally make them crap their pants. They never contemplated it when the school they actually attended went D1 and would never let themselves.
                            Hell...I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a couple of them still wear their Dukie Starter jackets this time of year.

Screw it... Come on comittttee...give us the Dukies...I'd love to see some heads explode around SD and on this board if we come out and knock their smug asses off!!��

BTW...to all you Duke lovers that will come at this post...I have ZERO alligence to any other CBB team like you'll no doubt accuse me of. Other then the Jacks I could give 2-$hits less and will be basically done watching the tournmemt after the first 2 rounds, especIally if there's no Cinderella left.

Comment

Did I say they haven't proven themselves (or have proven? - I can't quite tell what you meant above by your contradictory, likely sarcastic, statements).

Duke is a proposed #5 seed meaning there are 16 other teams ranked higher. Their recent struggles....

....nevermind - it isn't worth it.

I'm done. And I'm not a UNC or Duke fan nor a UNC or Duke hater.
                              All I'm saying is that they're good. I'm not a Duke fan at all. As far as teams I would like to see us matched up with... Arizona, Indiana, and Texas A&M come to mind as possible matchups that could happen that we could possibly win.

Comment

Completely agree. I actually said I don't mind that matchup. They arent a "normal" Duke team. That said they are still very talented just very thin especially down low.

They have the potential to beat anyone but they also can be beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X