Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
    I agree it's a great experience. I went both times Detroit was fun - Albuquerque was better. Maybe it was because it was the first time. I found The Pit to have a much better college basketball atmosphere and the weather was awesome. With that being said. If you the opportunity to go you won't regret it.

Go Rabbits!
    Agree the atmosphere at the Palace was meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      Bleacher report has them as a 12 seed playing Texas in Denver. If this happens there will likely be a large number of rabbit fans compared to Texas fans.

Washington post has them as an 11 seed playing Arizona in Providence.

USA Today 13 seed playing Cal in Spokane.

CBS sports 13 playing Indiana in Oklahoma City

SB Nation 13 playing Texas A&M in Oklahoma City

Sports Illustrated 13 playing Texas A&M
      Texas and Arizona would be awful match ups. It'll be interesting to see what Daum can do during these games. He's not going to be able to push around anyone in the low block and SDSU won't be able to just throw him the ball and watch him work like they've been doing.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm guessing Texas is out an option to face the jacks since they lost in their first game of the Big 12 conference tourney. Bleacher Reports most up to date projection is the jacks facing Notre Dame in a 12 vs 5 matchup in Denver

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Texas and Arizona would be awful match ups. It'll be interesting to see what Daum can do during these games. He's not going to be able to push around anyone in the low block and SDSU won't be able to just throw him the ball and watch him work like they've been doing.
          I second this. I hope they go back to Daum setting high picks and giving it to him on the roll instead of trying to pound it to him. They'll almost have to do that to have any sort of success against most teams in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
            Bracket Matrix has a ranking system of the most accurate over the years
            Agreed. Here's the link: http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

They have SDSU leaning to more of a 13 seed than a 12, with an average seed of 12.70 across 107 bracket projections. The bottom support is nice, as a lot of lower conference champions have been a team other than the top team in their conference, so the 14, 15, and 16 seeds are filling up. Basically, if we don't get at least a 13, we probably got screwed, but it would be awesome to see us pop up to a 12 seed. Especially considering the history of 12 seeds in the tournament. The only way I'll be really happy with a 13 or 14 seed is if the game is within reasonable driving distance.

Comment

I've got rooms reserved in OKC, Des Moines, Denver and St. Louis. More than likely going if in any of those 4 locations...
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Fingers crossed that we somehow get matched up against Iowa. That team is struggling right now, and should have a high enough seed to potentially match up against us.

Comment

Purdue is projected as a 4 seed - I want nothing to do with them. 7 foot post who is Big 10 defensive POY with an even bigger backup, and a big, strong kid at the 4 spot. That's the type of team we need to avoid.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

cbs has us playing duke in Denver as of now. that would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                      http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

cbs has us playing duke in Denver as of now. that would be fun.
                      Part of me thinks that's not a bad matchup. If Duke is cold from the outside we'd have a shot. They are awfully thin on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Part of me thinks that's not a bad matchup. If Duke is cold from the outside we'd have a shot. They are awfully thin on the inside.
                        I like it. Daum vs. Plumlee. Get him in foul trouble. We wouldn't have anywhere close to an answer for Ingram though.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I like it. Daum vs. Plumlee. Get him in foul trouble. We wouldn't have anywhere close to an answer for Ingram though.
                          At least he wouldnt be able to just out muscle Reed. A team with a big 4 will pick on that matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            At least he wouldnt be able to just out muscle Reed. A team with a big 4 will pick on that matchup.
                            He might not out muscle Reed, but he would definitely out athlete him. (not an actual saying, but it's true)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Fingers crossed that we somehow get matched up against Iowa. That team is struggling right now, and should have a high enough seed to potentially match up against us.
                              That team went from a potential 1 or 2 seed to a 7 seed at best in a month. Man that just has to be disappointing. They dominated Michigan State twice.

Comment

The thought of getting Duke in Denver is kind of a wet dream for this guy! I hate Duke!

Go Jacks! Go Heels!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X