Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology

With this morning's update, Lunardi has now bumped us up to a 12 seed, facing California in Spokane.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Cal is 22-9, ranked 15th in RPI and #24 in the polls.

Re: Bracketology

It is well documented that Lunardi is horrible about actually picking correct locations and match ups. Bracketology is click bait.

That said, I want nothing to do with Cal. They are a dark horse with some really talented players.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The 12 and 13 seeds are playing at 4 locations: Denver, Oklahoma City, Spokane and Providence. I would guess we end up in either Spokane or Denver just based on location, although that usually doesn't seem to factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        It is well documented that Lunardi is horrible about actually picking correct locations and match ups. Bracketology is click bait.

That said, I want nothing to do with Cal. They are a dark horse with some really talented players.
        Lunardi is a fraud. There's better, lesser known bracketologists. They try to stir up drama with bubble teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
          Lunardi is a fraud. There's better, lesser known bracketologists. They try to stir up drama with bubble teams.
          I was just getting the thread started. Feel free to post projections from those better bracketologists.

Comment

Bleacher report has them as a 12 seed playing Texas in Denver. If this happens there will likely be a large number of rabbit fans compared to Texas fans.

Washington post has them as an 11 seed playing Arizona in Providence.

USA Today 13 seed playing Cal in Spokane.

CBS sports 13 playing Indiana in Oklahoma City

SB Nation 13 playing Texas A&M in Oklahoma City

Sports Illustrated 13 playing Texas A&M

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
              Bleacher report has them as a 12 seed playing Texas in Denver. If this happens there will likely be a large number of rabbit fans compared to Texas fans.

While there will be a lot more Jacks fans if they play in Denver, I'm not too confident there will be more than Texas. Texas has a very large following and for perspective they have 50k students enrolled this year. The fan base is much larger simply by sheer numbers, but maybe Texas fans won't be too excited to go to a 1st round game. The driving distance from Austin is roughly 2 hours longer than from Brookings.

Comment

If anyone is on the fence about going to watch the Jacks in the Dance I'd recommend doing it. I went to Detroit in 2013 to watch the Jacks play Michigan. Amazing experience. I'd also recommend attending the pre-game rally the Alumni association will put together. It's pretty incredible to walk into a bar within walking distance of the Palace and it being completely filled with Jackrabbit fans. They were literally turning away Michigan fans at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  I was just getting the thread started. Feel free to post projections from those better bracketologists.
                  Bracket Matrix has a ranking system of the most accurate over the years

Comment

I'm going if it's in Denver. *crosses-fingers*
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I'm going if it's in Denver. *crosses-fingers*
                      Uh-huh. I will be there man.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

USA Today 13 seed playing Cal in Spokane.

CBS sports 13 playing Indiana in Oklahoma City

SB Nation 13 playing Texas A&M in Oklahoma City

Sports Illustrated 13 playing Texas A&M
                        Colorado is Texas North. If Texas plays in Denver, the place will be filled with Texas fans. A lot of the states growth over the past 2 decades has come from there. Most are fans of three schools. Texas, A&M and TCU with UT gear (hats, ss, etc.) matching the other two combined. There will NOT be more Jackrabbit fans than Texas fans.

That said, I'll take Denver. Four hour drive, I will finally get to see SDSU play an NCAA game in person.

Comment

SB Nation has a fun story on "Why South Dakota State should be your NCAA Tournament upset pick". They have some interesting facts and insights that give you the logical reason why SDSU can win.

Mike Daum is a 6'9 freshman who arrived in Brookings as an absolute problem for small league big men. He's got ballhandling capabilities and a jumper that guys his size normally don't, and he probably represents the Jacks' best chance at winning. He's a large part of why they're in the tournament in the first place, earning Summit League Tournament MVP after scoring 19.6 points per game on just 11 shots per game. His two biggest talents are getting fouled -- he's sixth in the nation, drawing 7.7 fouls per 40 minutes -- and shooting -- he shoots 44.8 percent from downtown and hits 82.2 percent of the large amount of free throws he takes.

They also have another advantage that we often overlook. SDSU controls the scoreboard. A funny perspective based on being the home of Daktronics. You need to read to get the most enjoyment out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            If anyone is on the fence about going to watch the Jacks in the Dance I'd recommend doing it. I went to Detroit in 2013 to watch the Jacks play Michigan. Amazing experience. I'd also recommend attending the pre-game rally the Alumni association will put together. It's pretty incredible to walk into a bar within walking distance of the Palace and it being completely filled with Jackrabbit fans. They were literally turning away Michigan fans at the door.
                            I went to that also. Great experience. The Michigan fans that were there couldn't believe the fun we were having. And is was great meeting members of this board. Same with the ladies, Went to the gathering at Purdue at B-dubs, Was fun meeting the players families and fans. Go if you can, you won't regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I agree it's a great experience. I went both times Detroit was fun - Albuquerque was better. Maybe it was because it was the first time. I found The Pit to have a much better college basketball atmosphere and the weather was awesome. With that being said if you have the opportunity to go do it. You won't regret it.

Go Rabbits!
                              Last edited by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit; 03-10-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X