X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

cbs has us playing duke in Denver as of now. that would be fun.

I love how these change now we play Arizona in Denver.

Comment

Bleacher report has kept us steady at a 12 seed playing in Denver but as of this morning we would play Seton Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Purdue is projected as a 4 seed - I want nothing to do with them. 7 foot post who is Big 10 defensive POY with an even bigger backup, and a big, strong kid at the 4 spot. That's the type of team we need to avoid.
        I have to agree with this, however I'm more concerned with all of our guys coming to play, we already know our opponent is from a P5 conference. We can't have Deondre and Mike bring their A game and George and Jake bring their C and D game or vice versa. Although they did other things to help win the games we need them to knock down shots and still provide the other small stuff. Mike will also see a different caliber of bigs than he's seen in the SL, quicker, faster and stronger, but boy was it great to see Deondre snap out of his slump.

In fact when was the last time we had at least 3 or 4 of the guys all knocking down shots and playing with the defensive intensity of the last 3 games, I can't recall.

I also don't think our opponent will approach this game with the mentality that all they need to do is show up. Our resume dictates you better show up against the Jacks ready to play or they will send you home. Let's go Jacks!

Comment

Bracketology

Play like we did against NDSU, and we definitely can knock off a 4/5 seed. Play like we did in the first two games of the SLT and it will be over by half.

The Stars always have to align for a Cinderella team to emerge. There's a reason it is a big deal when a 12+ seed wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Play like we did against NDSU, and we definitely can knock off a 4/5 seed. Play like we did in the first two games of the SLT and it will be over by half.

The Stars always have to align for a Cinderella team to emerge. There's a reason it is a big deal when a 12+ seed wins.
            Guard play is usually the difference come tournament time. SDSU will need George, Deondre, Reed, and Jake to be hitting their shots. Daum won't be able to do nearly as much against these P5 schools since he will most likely be working much harder on the defensive side.

If the shots fall like they did against Minnesota, this team can play with anyone. Once those shots fall, it will open the door for Daum to have some room.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

You're right a 4-5 seed in the Summit League not a P5 school. I just don't think we can advance if our key guys don't have good games.

Comment

Obviously all this time off is good to get guys healthy...-ish. But could it cause a team to come out flat?

Comment

Originally posted by 13jacks View Post
                  Obviously all this time off is good to get guys healthy...-ish. But could it cause a team to come out flat?
                  This is why a lot of good teams lose in March.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Akron, who was a little higher than SDSU in the Bracket Matrix (12.2 vs 12.7) just lost their conference championship. That might increase our odds of getting a 12 (or at least avoiding a 14).

Comment

Jacks got help earlier today with Middle Tennessee state winning over Old Dominion since the Jacks beat MTSU at the Pentagon this year. They just got more with conference 3 seed Buffalo beating 1 seed Akron on a 3 with 2 seconds left. Akron was a projected 12 seed and Buffalo is just 20-14 so that should help push SDSU's seed up with both MTSU and Buffalo winning.

Next on ESPN2 is Stephen F. Austin against Texas A&M Corpus Christi. SFA is a projected 13 so I will cheer for Texas A&M CC. Also of interest is Montana and Weber State on right now. Weber is a projected 15 seed at 25-8 and we were 1-1 against them this year. Montana is 21-10.

Edit: just saw Southeast post a few minutes ahead of me.
                      Last edited by el_presidente; 03-12-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Lunardi has us 12 vs Duke in Spokane. What I found interesting was he slide Buffalo into the other 12 spot vs AZ. Buffalo's RPI is 97, ours is 31. I've got to believe we are a lock at a 12 or better...No??
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

How accurate are any of the prognosticators compared to actual selections by the committee?

Comment

Well with Weber State getting into the tourney will help our seeding also. Committee looks at your schedule and how many teams you played that actually made the NCAA tournament. So we have played Florida Gulf Coast, Middle Tennessee and Weber State twice. We went 3-1 against the tourney field, going 1-0 at home, 1-0 at neutral site and 1-1 on the road.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Check this out at the 11 line on Lunardi's projections. Our RPI is higher than all the teams on this line which includes 2 11-11 "first four" games. I think we're ineligible for a 11-11 "first four" game because we won the autobid?? But anyway...San Deigo State has an RpI of 32...Monmoth a 53...South Carolina a 62...Cincinnati a 47...Temple a 59...Yale a 42.

I'm beginning to think that we get a 12 at worst, an 11 at best and a 13 would be an absolute screw job. IF Lunardi is paying attention at all...which I have to believe he's somewhat accurate or they wouldn't have him doing this year after year for the biggest sports network in the world...would they??
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                Lunardi has us 12 vs Duke in Spokane. What I found interesting was he slide Buffalo into the other 12 spot vs AZ. Buffalo's RPI is 97, ours is 31. I've got to believe we are a lock at a 12 or better...No??
                                Yeah something isn't right. The only thing that Buffalo has going for them is there sos which is 89. They are 12-3 against sub 150 teams and are 6-11 against the top 150 teams (1-9 against top 100). For comparison SDSU sos is 147. The Jacks are 13-2 against sub 150 teams and are 11-5 against the top 150 teams (3-2 against top 100).

Comment

Working...
                                X