Re: Bracketology

Jacks are up to #28 in RPI.

Comment

UALR wins by 20 so go Memphis!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Well we need to be cheering for UL Monroe over UALR today. ULM has a 5 point lead at the half. UALR is probably seeded higher than us and we would take their seed if they lose.

The other game that we should be watching is the Memphis vs. UConn game. If Memphis wins then it will bump out another 11 seed and then the top rated 13 seed will move into a 12 seed and the highest 12 seed will move up to an 11 seed.

If both of these games go our way, we should be a lock 12 seed and a chance at an 11 seed.
        You should be on the selection board with the work you're putting in. The bottom line is we're going to get a tough draw. I saw the tough Butler and Davidson teams a few years back knock off the P5 schools on their way to deep runs so it can be done. One game at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          UALR wins by 20 so go Memphis!
          Not a good start for the Tigers. 17-6.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            The UMKC road loss was a bad one!
            Nagy's on the record as saying that game was a mistake to schedule.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
              The Oklahoman is suggesting an 11-seed for the Jackrabbits, which would be awesome seeding for the squad. I'll wait to see if that happens.
              12 is the optimal seed if you're in the bottom half of the bracket, IMHO.

You get to face a 5, and then either a 4 or a 13 in the next game.

An 11 seed faces a 6 in the first round, true, but then you get a 3 or a 14 in the next round.

Not a lot of difference between a 5 and a 6 in my opinion, but I think there's more of a difference between a 4 and a 3 seed in the next round.

That and five bucks will get you an overpriced, over-sugared coffee at Starbuck's.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Nagy's on the record as saying that game was a mistake to schedule.
                It was the end of a very long road trip, including Cancun so I can see why he would say that.

Illinois State -> TCU -> Cancun (Houston Baptist & Cleveland State) -> UMKC. It was also our first loss of the season.

Comment

I cannot believe that they will drag this selection show on for 2 hours!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    I cannot believe that they will drag this selection show on for 2 hours!
                    Bracket is supposed to be announced in the first hour, I've heard.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Michigan State got jobbed out of a #1 seed.

Comment

Twenty minutes in, and we find out the first non-#1-seed and the first tournament game matchup.

This is almost like work.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks get Maryland in Spokane on Friday.

Comment

Bring on Maryland!

Comment

Welp, Maryland did lose to Minnesota. Yikes, a 2nd round matchup with Cal would be very tough too.

Comment

VanPelt has to be beside himself right now for agreeing to wear a Jackrabbit shirt on air.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X