Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Wayne Round 2

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    One team was 10-1 at home, the other was 7-6 on the road. You don't have to be a genius to see that the odds of this outcome were high.

Let's hope that the Premier Center feels a lot like Frost!
    Yep. But yet some were chastised for pointing that out.

We still control our own destiny for the 2 seed. Win out it's ours outright. IPFW drops one of their remaining games and we could still get the one.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      And yet people wonder why some of us aren't real optimistic about a win in a game like this. If you can't see the difference in performance home vs. away you're not paying attention. To be completely fair SDSU isn't the only team that struggles on the road. It's a fact of life across college basketball.
      Last night #4 Iowa lost to Penn St, who had won only 3 big ten games. Tonight #6 Maryland is playing at the Gophers, who is 0-13 in the big 10, and trailing by 11 at halftime. Thats what makes college basketball fun. 1 or 2 seed, it doesnt matter. What matters is who wins 3 games in March.

Comment

Anyone see the collision where Keaton was hurt? My video feed was bad at that time. Holding his knee and didn't look good afterwards.

Comment

Good effort but just a little short. Those other guys slept in their own bed last night which in some cases makes a difference. Never easy to win on the road.

Comment

Did anyone else watching the game feel like every loose ball went IPFW's way? I feel like they out-hustled us, but even on their own mistakes it would magically end up in a IPFW players hands or off a Jackrabbit.

Konchar is probably my favorite player to watch in the Summit that's not on the Jacks. Kid is a monster and just worked Bittle for the majority of the night. Hope Bittle takes this game personally.

Hope Moffit is okay. That is a big blow to the team is he is out for more than a game or two.

Huge props to George Marshall. He played almost the entire game chasing around Landis (I'm guessing because of Parks being ill) and still managed to score 20+ very efficiently.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Last night #4 Iowa lost to Penn St, who had won only 3 big ten games. Tonight #6 Maryland is playing at the Gophers, who is 0-13 in the big 10, and trailing by 11 at halftime. Thats what makes college basketball fun. 1 or 2 seed, it doesnt matter. What matters is who wins 3 games in March.

Good examples!

Comment

Nagy would be shocked if Moffitt played on Saturday. Says he doesn't know about Tellinghuisen's status yet.

"We need our seniors to really step up and help these guys get over it (the loss)."

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                  Anyone see the collision where Keaton was hurt? My video feed was bad at that time. Holding his knee and didn't look good afterwards.
                  My feed went out as well, and when I finally got it back Keaton was on the ground clutching his knee. It sure didn't look good that he couldn't get off the court without assistance.
                  Last edited by Kemo; 02-18-2016, 08:20 PM.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

It's a tough conference. I thought before the conference play started 12-4 would win the league. Sunday is obviously a "must win". Then come home and win out. FW had one more loss in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Hope for Keaton that it looked worse than it actually was. He deserves the opportunity finish in Brookings, Sioux Falls, and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                        On the radio, Tyler said IPFW's Reed went up for a rebound with Telly and Moffitt and undercut one of them, and all three went down.

Comment

So we are banged up, and more are hurt tonight. Some are sick apparetly and played like it. Like nagy said no excuses. We have senior leadership. That's usually a deciding factor when push comes to shove. To finish the season will be a good test of put up or shut up. The defensive effort the last 2 road games is not going to cut it. We will probably have to play omaha or fw in sf so this team better watch some tape and hope they are healthy enough to try to find away to stop them. Playing in sf should help but this team has to be willing to raising their game with their back against the wall.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

After the last game there was a lot of Ian bashing. Need more Devine etc. I've never been in that camp at all. Ian has had struggles in the last few games but last night was an example of how well he can play. Very good effort in 17 minutes on both ends. You just won't get that from Devine.

Now this probably won't be much of a popular opinion but I thought Nagy coached a lazy game. What I mean by that is he stayed with pretty much the same rotation even though a lot of our players struggled. Parks was off to say the least and got destroyed on the defensive end needed more King. Marshall was bad defensively as well but at least he scored. Theisen and Daum were excellent but played 17 and 22 minutes. Moffitt was not effective in 22 minutes. Bittle was off but chasing Kochar around a lot wears you out. Every once in a while you have to go outside your same rotation especially with how some were struggling. Frustrating to watch.
                            Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post

Marshall was bad defensively as well but at least he scored.
                              You're right about Thiesen stepping up his offensive game last night. He looked pretty good for a typical sophomore post. We need more of that.

About Marshall's defense, I'm no expert but I heard Nagy go out of his way to single out Marshall in the postgame interview. He specifically mentioned that he did a great job defensively, especially considering the load he had to carry on offense.

Comment

Well the FW guards scored 70+ pts. Not sure I would single out anyone of our guards for their defensive effort.
                                Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X