Fort Wayne Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fort Wayne Round 2

A .500 road team is down at least one key player and about to play the dreaded second game of a road trip (on extra-short turnaround). Chalking WIU up as an easy win is a mistake.

We'll be fine at Frost. Saturday is the game that I'm worried about. The stars are aligning......

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Well the conversation started by someone wondering why he even stepped foot on the floor. Unless that person is literally the worst evaluator of talent ever, that seemed like bashing to me.

"Can someone explain to me why Thiesen gets minutes at all?"
      I seem to remember someone calling him lazy as well.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        A .500 road team is down at least one key player and about to play the dreaded second game of a road trip (on extra-short turnaround). Chalking WIU up as an easy win is a mistake.

We'll be fine at Frost. Saturday is the game that I'm worried about. The stars are aligning......
        I agree. WIU took down Omaha at home a couple weeks ago and they really need to win out to have a chance at the tournament so they'll be ready. Jacks should be too, considering what's on the line.

Hopefully Telly is alright to play. Nagy was not optimistic about Moffitt playing from his comments last night.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          One decent game doesn't define a player. I think Theisen has had a lousy season and deserves all the criticism along with kudos for finally playing to his potential last night.

Comment

That was me, and he is.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Well the conversation started by someone wondering why he even stepped foot on the floor. Unless that person is literally the worst evaluator of talent ever, that seemed like bashing to me.

"Can someone explain to me why Thiesen gets minutes at all?"
              I missed those posts. I can see how some might consider that "bashing". I have been less then impressed with Ian's performance this year. As well as Telly's and recently Deondre seems to really be struggling. I don't envy the job Nagy has to do to get the most out of all these guys all the time and that's what it's going to take to win the Summit league this year.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I read a few different message boards and this one certainly spends less time than all the others criticizing players. Some sites are down right brutal. I think for the most part, people can be analytical about a player w/o being ridiculous. Overall, this board has a good balance imo.

But in all honesty, a long bb season has a lot of ebb and flow. About time for this team to start flowing a lot more.
                Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  One decent game doesn't define a player. I think Theisen has had a lousy season and deserves all the criticism along with kudos for finally playing to his potential last night.
                  It isn't really possible for the whole team to average 20-10. The whole roster isn't going to be all-conference either.

Every team needs role players - I don't really expect Ian to ever be an all-conference type. My guess is Ian is fulfilling the role that the coaching staff wants him to.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It isn't really possible for the whole team to average 20-10. The whole roster isn't going to be all-conference either.

Every team needs role players - I don't really expect Ian to ever be an all-conference type. My guess is Ian is fulfilling the role that the coaching staff wants him to.
                    There you go getting all technical. I was thinking maybe he could grow his hair longer again. Maybe the coaches do not realize he is starting!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Exactly, there are only so many points and rebounds to go around. Theisen does have some defense lapses but so do other guys on team. I don't think it is fair to call just him out or for him being lazy. It might look like it but you don't know how much effort he puts every game. Daum has certainly struggled on defense and has forced up some pretty dumb shots. Where is the call out on that? They are young players. They aren't supposed to be consistent just yet. They will make mistakes. It is a learning process. Theisen must be doing something right or else Nagy wouldn't let him see the floor.

Is this conversation or topic going to come up after every game until Theisen gets drafted into the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        There you go getting all technical. I was thinking maybe he could grow his hair longer again. Maybe the coaches do not realize he is starting!
                        That sly dog just sneaks out on the floor at the beginning of every game without Nagy realizing it ! He must be kneeling down and hiding behind George or Deondre.

Comment

Working...
                        X