Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Wayne Round 2

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    You're right about Thiesen stepping up his offensive game last night. He looked pretty good for a typical sophomore post. We need more of that.

About Marshall's defense, I'm no expert but I heard Nagy go out of his way to single out Marshall in the postgame interview. He specifically mentioned that he did a great job defensively, especially considering the load he had to carry on offense.
    I completely agree. He held their 3pt threat at bay for the most part. That dude didn't have much for easy looks but I understand he still got 22 - but it wasn't easy.

On another note. I purchased the streaming feed from IPFW. It cut out a few times throughout the game (about 7 or 8) and I had to refresh to get it going again. Then with 4 min. left the feed went dead and never came back. I used the support email form on the IPFW website, asked for a refund and got it. Just thought you might want to do the same if you had the same trouble.

Comment

That was a disappointing loss. Getting beat by IPFW didn't necessarily surprise me but the way they outworked the Jacks was unexpected. They made all the plays and got the balls up for grabs. Not only are those possessions but the kind of thing that a team can feed off of. That comes from within the players. Last night it wasn't there.

Let's hope they bounce back at WIU and don't suffer another let down. Then get back to Frost for some home cooking and on to the Summit at the Falls.

MontanaRabbit has it right in that they control their destiny to the #2 seed. OBTW, IPFW has to play their remaining three games on the road against a couple pretty good clubs in Omaha and IUPUI. Maybe we get a little help back our way.

On to the next! That's all they can do!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
        After the last game there was a lot of Ian bashing. Need more Devine etc. I've never been in that camp at all. Ian has had struggles in the last few games but last night was an example of how well he can play. Very good effort in 17 minutes on both ends. You just won't get that from Devine.
        You call it bashing, I call it being realistic. The simple fact is that he has not been playing well at all recently. This game he did put up good numbers, but this is the outlier game, not the norm. If he continues to play like this then I will believe he deserves to play. But considering this is only the 3rd time this year in conference play he has hit double figures I don't expect it to continue. If this becomes the norm, I will gladly come back saying I was wrong because the team will be much better for him bringing an inside game to our bevy of solid shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          That was a disappointing loss. Getting beat by IPFW didn't necessarily surprise me but the way they outworked the Jacks was unexpected. They made all the plays and got the balls up for grabs. Not only are those possessions but the kind of thing that a team can feed off of. That comes from within the players. Last night it wasn't there.

Let's hope they bounce back at WIU and don't suffer another let down. Then get back to Frost for some home cooking and on to the Summit at the Falls.

MontanaRabbit has it right in that they control their destiny to the #2 seed. OBTW, IPFW has to play their remaining three games on the road against a couple pretty good clubs in Omaha and IUPUI. Maybe we get a little help back our way.

On to the next! That's all they can do!

SUPERBUNNY
          The Fort Wayne-Omaha game is in Fort Wayne. The Jacks game on Saturday in Macomb may be the biggest game of the season. Winning goes a long way towards being a top 2 seed. Losing would increase the possibility of being the 3 seed which would mean having to play 3 games in 3 days in Sioux Falls, which would not be a good thing. This team really needs that Sunday off with the nagging injuries Marshall and Bittle have.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Fort Wayne-Omaha game is in Fort Wayne. The Jacks game on Saturday in Macomb may be the biggest game of the season. Winning goes a long way towards being a top 2 seed. Losing would increase the possibility of being the 3 seed which would mean having to play 3 games in 3 days in Sioux Falls, which would not be a good thing. This team really needs that Sunday off with the nagging injuries Marshall and Bittle have.
            BINGO! Rep points given!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm sure Ian will be relieved when you feel he deserves to play! In all seriousness, he hasn't played well for a few games. The issue on this team for bigs is they don't see the ball a ton. It has to be hard to set pick after pick and never see the ball on the roll. Daum is very aggressive and maybe that will rub off on the others. Ian averages 18 min/game. Scoring in double figures in 18 on a regular basis? Maybe you can but not many other D1 players can. It's what makes Daum so valuable.
              Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

I'm sure Ian will be relieved when you feel he deserves to play! In all seriousness, he hasn't played well for a few games. The issue on this team for bigs is they don't see the ball a ton. It has to be hard to set pick after pick and never see the ball on the roll. Daum is very aggressive and maybe that will rub off on the others. Ian averages 18 min/game. Scoring in double figures in 18 on a regular basis? Maybe you can but not many other D1 players can. It's what makes Daum so valuable.
                I'm sure he will. Heck, he responded to some of us pointing out he wasn't playing well and stepped it up, so I'm assuming he read the board and realized he needed to pick up his game. You're welcome Jackrabbit Nation...

But since this is a message board, I'm not entitled to my opinion? It's really no different that you believing Devine couldn't give us what Thiesen gave last night if given the same opportunity. I just hope you didn't crush his dreams too much with your statement on here....

Comment

After the last game there was a lot of Ian bashing. Need more Devine etc. I've never been in that camp at all. Ian has had struggles in the last few games but last night was an example of how well he can play. Very good effort in 17 minutes on both ends. You just won't get that from Devine.

Now this probably won't be much of a popular opinion but I thought Nagy coached a lazy game. What I mean by that is he stayed with pretty much the same rotation even though a lot of our players struggled. Parks was off to say the least and got destroyed on the defensive end needed more King. Marshall was bad defensively as well but at least he scored. Theisen and Daum were excellent but played 17 and 22 minutes. Moffitt was not effective in 22 minutes. Bittle was off but chasing Kochar around a lot wears you out. Every once in a while you have to go outside your same rotation especially with how some were struggling. Frustrating to watch.
                  Bashing? There wasn't a single statement that I would describe as "bashing". He's been playing poorly and some of us mentioned that. He was a better last night but I still think he could give us more.

Rebounding and loose balls resulted in way too many second chance points. That's how the game was lost. Jacks are still in great position to get one of the top 2 seeds. That's all that matters. The next game is the biggest game and basically a must win from this point forward.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well I guess when a poster says one of our players who's starting on a 20-7 team should only play when we are up by 20; I consider it bashing. I get everyone is entitled to an opinion. But there is a line for me when the talk about players borders on ludicrious. And maybe using the term "a lot" was over board. My bad.

Comment

• Re: Fort Wayne Round 2

I'm not as worried about his scoring as I am his lack of hustle (aka being lazy). It is evident time and time again when he plays, and I'm pretty sure that's why he hasn't been getting a whole lot of minutes lately. He definitely can score when left in the game, but if you're a liability when it comes to defense/rebounding/running the court, it's just not worth leaving you out there for extended time.

Comment

Coach knows best. Our defense on the road in conference play (especially lately) is below average at best. Win the game Saturday and put the conference road season behind us.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Well the FW guards scored 70+ pts. Not sure I would single out anyone of our guards for their defensive effort.
                          Its obvious this person didn't see the game our even look at the box score. If you did you wouldn't make this comment. Marshall did a hell of a job on Landis as it took him 20 shots to score 22 points and shot 3-11 from 3 point land. The kid's shooting over 50% from 3 point land. Just because their guards scored over 70 points their primary go to guy struggled to get good looks consistently. Every lose ball ended up in the hands of ipfw and we did a poor job keeping them off the offensive glass.

Comment

I don't disagree he can work harder and hustle more, especially when I see what he does when engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I agree that we need to take care of business in Macomb, but I disagree that it's the biggest game of the season. I know you don't want to overlook anyone, but I don't think we have trouble with WIU (especially after losing this one), or Oral Roberts at home. I think it comes down to beating NDSU at home next Thursday. With the way they give us trouble, I see that being our toughest game left, and the key to locking in a top 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                I completely agree. He held their 3pt threat at bay for the most part. That dude didn't have much for easy looks but I understand he still got 22 - but it wasn't easy.
                                You're right. It took Landis 20 shots to get those 22 points (7-20 FG; 3-11 3PT; 5-7 FT). Marshall made a 53% three point shooter shoot 27% and people think that's bad defense? That's not bad defense.

The game was lost in the trenches. IPFW won the rebounding battle 41-32 including 13-6 on the offensive boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X