NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

If you guys pull out the win this round I think there is a good chance you see a TON of Bison support in the next few rounds.

Comment

Weird, we were down 43-57 and just now we are up 51=49? WTF? is going on I guess it must reached a 20 minute count.

Comment

I still see us down 43-57. Only percentages I've seen moce since this went down was the UTPA-UCF matchup. Even that was a small swing of 2%.

Comment

The 6thfan web page time left to vote time indicator for this rd is still counting down.That must mean the 6thfan website wasn't hacked,unless they left that alone.

Comment

Maybe,they threw out all the invalid votes,and this is what's left.Our contest was least affected.That's a good sign.

If that's the case,all the schools that dropped suddenly by a huge amount of votes,those schools must have had a lot of invalid votes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Maybe,they threw out all the invalid votes,and this is what's left.Our contest was least affected.That's a good sign.

If that's the case,all the schools that dropped suddenly by a huge amount of votes,those schools must have had a lot of invalid votes.
              And what about BYU?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                And what about BYU?
                Bison swear by them cheating,God only knows...no pun

Comment

I hope we get an explanation out of this. BYU with nearly 60% of the vote and the Bison with the next closest with 15%. Everything has been pretty rock steady since the voting day turned. Exception is UCF has made up some ground. Something doesn't feel right how all of this ended up. Makes me seem like I wasted my time.

Comment

BYU Stat Tracking

Comment

Some really weird stuff went down, most of it unexplainable. But, bottom line, I'm afraid is that the party is over. We came to the party late (it started in early January...and we got in the first week of February. I certainly will remember the huge number of hours spent at my computer and phone, but also vivid in my memory is the incredible run fan board posters (and lets face it, most of our votes came through members of this board) made when we discovered the site and went from 123rd in voting to 3rd in voting in just 6 days!! We got the $10,000 and that was fun. But the sour taste will remain with the weird stuff at the end. I'm not sure I can call out WIU for scripts, because we fought a tight battle with them all the way until the weekend and they had a plan that apparently worked for them.

I'm also not going to call out our athletic department. I think the early message that went out was tweet and retweet and that unfortunately stayed with our "public" fans. But it seemed to be working, since we moved to the Elite 8 and were neck and neck with WIU until Saturday. I felt it was coming, and unfortunately it was. The department really did a lot of things in the last week to try to help out, and switch the emphasis to going online, it was just too late. Again, I know from all that is going on with the construction of the indoor facility, and all the preliminary work on the football stadium (getting money raised, selling suites, laying out plans for seating contracts, dealing with the legislature, and continuing to raise the money needed to complement the bonding, not to mention the busy time that comes with the end of the season and tournaments on the horizon) that the staff and coaches at the department are loaded down. My thanks to them for all that they do. And my appreciation of the determination of the fans who populate this board is immense!!

P.S. Sad as it is, returning to a more sane life and catching up with the things that have gone undone, will be a bit of a relief.

Comment

I suggest we just pound away until this round is history. So many weird swings that I won't be totally surprised if there are some more wild swings. I'm traveling today but wife and I are voting during stops/layovers. (Not happy about returning to the brutal weather after being in 86 degrees 12 hours ago.)

Comment

This was a great matchup, I was very worried that SDSU would handle WIU the way you voted the last few days of the contest. Apologies to those I offended with my tweets. To those that think I "lack class," I'll buy you a beer in Sioux Falls next week. Wait...I better leave that offer to those posters that said that. I'm a broadcaster, I can't afford too many drinks.

Comment

Still voting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

P.S. Sad as it is, returning to a more sane life and catching up with the things that have gone undone, will be a bit of a relief.
                              Exactly ! When we got into this thing late in the first round it was fun to vote and see the numbers change in a rational way. But in these last few days when all the talk went to scripts and bots and whatever , it honestly became more of a chore , especially when you knew we had a lot of people involved and still were rapidly losing ground. With the Summit tourney approaching it's time to get back to talking Jacks sports. Look at the # of posts in this thread - over 700 , which is probably more than all other threads combined. On to Sioux Falls !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Some really weird stuff went down, most of it unexplainable. But, bottom line, I'm afraid is that the party is over. We came to the party late (it started in early January...and we got in the first week of February. I certainly will remember the huge number of hours spent at my computer and phone, but also vivid in my memory is the incredible run fan board posters (and lets face it, most of our votes came through members of this board) made when we discovered the site and went from 123rd in voting to 3rd in voting in just 6 days!! We got the $10,000 and that was fun. But the sour taste will remain with the weird stuff at the end. I'm not sure I can call out WIU for scripts, because we fought a tight battle with them all the way until the weekend and they had a plan that apparently worked for them.

I'm also not going to call out our athletic department. I think the early message that went out was tweet and retweet and that unfortunately stayed with our "public" fans. But it seemed to be working, since we moved to the Elite 8 and were neck and neck with WIU until Saturday. I felt it was coming, and unfortunately it was. The department really did a lot of things in the last week to try to help out, and switch the emphasis to going online, it was just too late. Again, I know from all that is going on with the construction of the indoor facility, and all the preliminary work on the football stadium (getting money raised, selling suites, laying out plans for seating contracts, dealing with the legislature, and continuing to raise the money needed to complement the bonding, not to mention the busy time that comes with the end of the season and tournaments on the horizon) that the staff and coaches at the department are loaded down. My thanks to them for all that they do. And my appreciation of the determination of the fans who populate this board is immense!!

I can find anything to disagree with here. All was well said, and we can't blame the AD for not having a posting party or a script spewing party like WIU has done. I thought they trained teachers at WIU, but apparently they had some computer instruction that found a way to stuff the ballot box. I going to keep voting though until time runs out.

Comment

Working...
                                X