NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

From what I gathered from over at Bisonville, someone from BYU asked if all votes were being counted and that was responded to that they were snd no bots have been seen yet. Looks like what they have been using is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      the ncaa does not care. why would they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      They have to enforce their rules,or don't pretend to have them,that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        From what I gathered from over at Bisonville, someone from BYU asked if all votes were being counted and that was responded to that they were snd no bots have been seen yet. Looks like what they have been using is ok.
        Another poster over on Bisonville thought they were disallowing votes using scripts because he no longer got the "thank you for voting" after each vote...this is all pretty confusing so far...cheaters gonna cheat and who knows , if we start cheating too, with our luck,that's when they'll crack down on the "cheaters"

Comment

We'll probably hang on vs. WIU, but do we stand a realistic chance vs. BYU or UCF...or even NDSU?
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If its against NSDU, there is probably no chance seeing what they have done. It might be another against UCF or BYU. We may get some NDSU support so the largr schools dont win.

With that said, if you are a javascript nerd, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Another poster over on Bisonville thought they were disallowing votes using scripts because he no longer got the "thank you for voting" after each vote...this is all pretty confusing so far...cheaters gonna cheat and who knows , if we start cheating too, with our luck,that's when they'll crack down on the "cheaters"
              Sometimes the scripts/macros close the 'thank you' window so fast you don't see it. That's what happened in this case.

Couple other bits of info:

The NCAA really has nothing to do with this other than letting their name and 'March Madness' be attached to it. The contest is being run by Bleacher Report which is part of Turner Sports Network which is part of Turner Broadcasting System which is part of TimeWarner. That's also where the money is coming from. Clear as mud?

Supposedly it's been confirmed from the above groups that voting with macros/scripts is just fine. Terminology: I guess if you want to be real technical, macros are ways to automate the mouse clicking part of the voting process. NDSU is generally using this method. Scripts are code that takes you directly to the captcha and logs the vote, bypassing just about all the rest of the page. BYU is generally using this method. The reason for the difference really boils down to the knowledge/comfort level of the first person to think of it on each side. The BYU guy had worked with java before, so that was the route he went. The NDSU guy had used macros before, so he went that way. Which is better? Honestly doesn't matter that much. Some like the lack of stress of the script method(it waits for you to finish), some like the fewer movements and loop tracking of the macro(takes one or two less button presses and you can set it for 100 or 200 etc loops to easily keep track of what you've accomplished).

It's also supposedly been confirmed that all votes are human-entered. Have my doubts on that, but I don't think the people running the contest care all that much. Will be interesting to see what happens when it comes time to award all the prizes(school and individual).

Comment

They have to enforce their rules,or don't pretend to have them,that's my opinion.
                I agree with you, but our opinions don't matter. They don't care who wins or how they win. If the end result is unfair, what are you going to do about it? Boycott the NCAA and Time Warner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  I love these iMacros!!! I originally tried to copy some of the macros from TK, but I was obviously messing something up when I was pasting it in on my computer. Syntax error after syntax error. So I decided to take a few minutes on YouTube to learn about iMacros and found they were relatively easy to set up on my own. I have not thought of an application yet, but it is only a matter of time before I set up some for work. I can actually say that I've learned something from voting for the Jackrabbits that will ultimately help me be more productive at work!

Mine is not set up to blaze through at lightning speeds, but I find that if I set up my iMacro to loop through the macro 100 times, I can do 100 votes in less than 15 minutes. If I were serious about this, I really believe I could pound out close to 1,000 votes in about 2.5 hours!

Thanks TK for inspiring another Rabbit voter to adopting technology to improve my performance at work and on the 6th Fan voting!
                  I need a little advice. I will PM you.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

There is no rule against using scripts in the umlimited voting online, if you don't enter the sweepstakes (where you have to indicate you want the vote to be counted in the sweepstakes and enter your email address). The rules say no scripts or macros in the sweepstakes contest only. We can use scripts if we can make them work, and everybody else is using them...don't kid yourselves. Use 'em or lose 'em!

Comment

Lead down to 51-49

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                        It's also supposedly been confirmed that all votes are human-entered. Have my doubts on that
                        I think at this level, there has to be human intervention due to the Captcha code entry. I think the only ones who may have that automated is the online ticket brokers, and that has to be a big $ venture.

Sometime I'll share the story of the Wall Street stock brokers who have automated programs that constantly monitor FDA databases for changes in documents that are made prior to public release........

Comment

We're still up, but it is 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            We're still up, but it is 50-50.
                            Now we're behind.

Comment

Sounds like BYU has unleashed their secret weapon. I think we are done and I'm not sure who will stop them if they are doing what is being rumored.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                                Sounds like BYU has unleashed their secret weapon. I think we are done and I'm not sure who will stop them if they are doing what is being rumored.

Auto bot??

Comment

Working...
                                X