NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Since our percentage dropped so much, I'm guessing we had some help from the automated email script via the other school(s) that were using it.

Too bad this turned out to be such a mickey-mouse operation.

Unfortunately I think many of us could see this coming a mile away. Too bad it had to come to this.

Comment

Possible but its also possible we just had more users register that way and they all got thrown out. We only lost 5% which is by far the least of any participating school.

Comment

All my votes were e-mail registration votes so I got thrown out, I guess.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          All my votes were e-mail registration votes so I got thrown out, I guess.
          On post #655 (yesterday at noon), I posted the following:

"There is no rule against using scripts in the umlimited voting online, if you don't enter the sweepstakes (where you have to indicate you want the vote to be counted in the sweepstakes and enter your email address). The rules say no scripts or macros in the sweepstakes contest only. We can use scripts if we can make them work, and everybody else is using them...don't kid yourselves. Use 'em or lose 'em!"

As I said there, there was NO rules regarding use of scripts or macros in the voting process through 6thfan.ncaa.com UNLESS you entered the Sweepstakes by entering your email address and checking that you wanted this VOTE to be COUNTED in the Sweepstakes part of the contest (different than the $100,000 chase). As far as I knew, most posters were bypassing the Sweepstakes, entering only the CAPTCHA code and submitting the vote (oops...except for Filbert). There was no rule against using macros or scripts to vote in this manner. So the announcement from Turner Broadcasting only affected people who entered the Sweepstakes voting and didn't go by the rule of "no macro or scripts allowed" as stated on the Rules page.

Comment

So I voted legally trying to help my school and win a prize and get thrown out what a crock of crap

Comment

I see that UCF has made a big comeback. Now down only 51 - 49.
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

UCF has taken the lead.

Comment

Can anyone explain why it is so shocking that BYU could dominate the Bison legitimately?

They play their basketball games in a 20,000 seat arena.

They play football in a 64,000 seat stadium.

They have dozens of famous alumni who have played professionally.

There has been talk of them arranging their own TV deal ala Notre Dame.

BYU likely has 100 fans for every 1 Bison fan. (Sorry if that statement offends any Bison faithful)

So somebody, anybody, explain how BYU couldn't dominate NDSU legitimately.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Oh i think they could, but I think most larger schools have a different mentality than someone like NDSU. I think the larger schools rely too much on the size of their fanbase and that will carry them through. Unfortunately BYU and UCF have the rabid mentallity of NDSU. If all larger schools had these, you wouldnt see these smaller schools in these contests.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Can anyone explain why it is so shocking that BYU could dominate the Bison legitimately?

They play their basketball games in a 20,000 seat arena.

They play football in a 64,000 seat stadium.

They have dozens of famous alumni who have played professionally.

There has been talk of them arranging their own TV deal ala Notre Dame.

BYU likely has 100 fans for every 1 Bison fan. (Sorry if that statement offends any Bison faithful)

So somebody, anybody, explain how BYU couldn't dominate NDSU legitimately.
                      And when one of BYU's fans can cast 14,500 votes in one hour , that sounds legit to me.

Comment

This contest is a sham and almost pointless.

Comment

I like butterscotch pie.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Hi Jackrabbits,
                            Just wanted to put this out there. If anyone is interested in helping out a fellow Summit League/MVFC member, we're still in this against Arkansas State. Sure we'll likely get destroyed by the BYU scripts next round, but we'd still like to make it as far as possible. We've been trying to run a clean campaign, using weekend voting marathons to give us those "last minute" pushes. So, if anyone out there isn't too bitter about the whole thing, we'd love a few legit votes from you guys. If you're tweeting, we're #WILL.

Thanks.
                            Scott
                            Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                            Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Agreed. When a handful of people can inflate the numbers it sours the contest for me. Oh well let's beat Western on the basketball court.

GO RABBITS!

Comment

Why on earth would any Jackrabbit fan waste one more second of their life on this contest?
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X