X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Hi Jackrabbits,
    Just wanted to put this out there. If anyone is interested in helping out a fellow Summit League/MVFC member, we're still in this against Arkansas State. Sure we'll likely get destroyed by the BYU scripts next round, but we'd still like to make it as far as possible. We've been trying to run a clean campaign, using weekend voting marathons to give us those "last minute" pushes. So, if anyone out there isn't too bitter about the whole thing, we'd love a few legit votes from you guys. If you're tweeting, we're #WILL.

Thanks.

Congratulations! From what I can tell, WIU put together an organized campaign that resulted in an honest victory. With that being said, I am not going to be spending any of my free time voting for another team other than the Jackrabbits. Good Luck!
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I wish it could have been a Bison vs Jacks finish, but it was still a good time. It was fun to see the votes swing this way and that and the different scripts going out and getting manipulated. BYU even had a nursing home casting votes. Funny stuff. It was a good time and a great way for fans to get excited and encourage more fans to join in. I see it as a positive for both our universities.

Comment

Does the 6th Fan Site say at the bottom that they threw out all of the scripted votes from the Elite 8 Round, or they are banning scripted votes now?
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
          Does the 6th Fan Site say at the bottom that they threw out all of the scripted votes from the Elite 8 Round, or they are banning scripted votes now?
          they threw out all votes that had an email registration b/c someone had a scrip creating false emails so even legitament votes cast using email registration were also thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            They threw out all of the votes (Elite 8 round only) that were created by automated scripts that produced bogus email addresses.

Comment

all in all we raised 10K for SDSU by just taking freetime(well most of us it was free time or work time) to cast some votes. it would have been a long shot to win the whole thing anyways. I dont think we have much to complain about really.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                And when one of BYU's fans can cast 14,500 votes in one hour , that sounds legit to me.
                Is this documented? If so, somebody could surely bring this to the NCAA's attention (and they probably did since they threw out a ton of votes). NDSU's fans were using scripts as well, casting hundreds of thousands of votes.

IMO, the Bison outrage at this is the same as whenever they get beaten. Sour grapes, blame anyone except themselves.

If they don't win, something is wrong with the world. Same stuff, different contest.

The meltdown and rage will be epic if NDSU doesn't win the Summit. I will be in the Arena if/when it happens.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  They threw out all of the votes (Elite 8 round only) that were created by automated scripts that produced bogus email addresses.
                  I read it as ALL email address votes were thrown out. Doesn't matter if they were script generated or not.

From the website: "As a result, all votes cast since that date through email registration have been removed for all schools remaining in the contest"

So all schools likely had votes thrown out that were legit.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I read it as ALL email address votes were thrown out. Doesn't matter if they were script generated or not.

From the website: "As a result, all votes cast since that date through email registration have been removed for all schools remaining in the contest"

So all schools likely had votes thrown out that were legit.
                    Yes you are correct, so even votes cast by legitimate emails were tossed. Organizers of the contest couldn't 100% tell which ones were bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Yes you are correct, so even votes cast by legitimate emails were tossed. Organizers of the contest couldn't 100% tell which ones were bogus.
                      The good news is, they still have the legitimate email addresses to send baloney emails to. So there is that.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by ST_Lawson View Post
                        Hi Jackrabbits,
                        Just wanted to put this out there. If anyone is interested in helping out a fellow Summit League/MVFC member, we're still in this against Arkansas State. Sure we'll likely get destroyed by the BYU scripts next round, but we'd still like to make it as far as possible. We've been trying to run a clean campaign, using weekend voting marathons to give us those "last minute" pushes. So, if anyone out there isn't too bitter about the whole thing, we'd love a few legit votes from you guys. If you're tweeting, we're #WILL.

Thanks.
                        Thanks but no thanks. I am bitter. I hope you enjoy the 100k. I am voting for Arkansas State just to piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Is this documented? If so, somebody could surely bring this to the NCAA's attention (and they probably did since they threw out a ton of votes). NDSU's fans were using scripts as well, casting hundreds of thousands of votes.

IMO, the Bison outrage at this is the same as whenever they get beaten. Sour grapes, blame anyone except themselves.

If they don't win, something is wrong with the world. Same stuff, different contest.

The meltdown and rage will be epic if NDSU doesn't win the Summit. I will be in the Arena if/when it happens.
                          Some of them are continuing to use the automated bogus email script to mess w/ the event organizers.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

It was in a post on the BYU board listing their top voters - apparently their programs keep track of the amount of votes cast per person.

Comment

I am lost, this is a bunch of crap. I guess what everyone is saying is that those votes with an email address were thrown out? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

This whole thing was handled with the NCAA's trademark clarity and efficiency. [/snark]
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X