Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    We are sitting at 82% to 18%. I just voted for 10 minutes to kick my day off. I won't have time to vote until late this evening, but if we are in the same position tonight, I will relax a little bit.

I am wondering if we shouldn't start voting for WIU over UNM. I would way rather face WIU in the Elite Eight. UNM has a much larger enrollment and more dedicated fan base than WIU. I am confident we can beat either team, but I would feel more comfortable with WIU. I am interested to hear what others think.
    I agree. I've been voting for W. Ill. to try and keep it even. If we can get a big push for them closer to the end, NM won't have time to react. I'm afraid if we vote W.Ill. too soon, it will get the NM voters to go crazy and too much time to rally the troops.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      We are sitting at 82% to 18%. I just voted for 10 minutes to kick my day off. I won't have time to vote until late this evening, but if we are in the same position tonight, I will relax a little bit.

I am wondering if we shouldn't start voting for WIU over UNM. I would way rather face WIU in the Elite Eight. UNM has a much larger enrollment and more dedicated fan base than WIU. I am confident we can beat either team, but I would feel more comfortable with WIU. I am interested to hear what others think.

I'm a little leery of the 82/18 and how long its stayed at that figure,we don't make em vote and they don't make much of an attempt to cut into our lead.Maybe they just gave up.But if they had something set up only one day or so for a bunch of voters to vote all night long and overtake us and run us out of time to respond, they could very well pull the upset of the contest.
      It only took us about 3-4 hrs to get the huge lead,so our margin figured in votes isn't insurmountable for an all night surge.We are vulnerable at night.
      Just to be on the safe side, maybe we should try for a bump in increasing our margin the last couple days,another 4-5%.

Comment

IMO, using the KISS principle would be the best strategy. Vote for SDSU and not worry about other schools.

Comment

I don't trust the Bison,are we sure they're not just trying to stir up people against us.Let me explain,they come on here saying we help them get UCF and they'll help us vs ASU.They are not voting for SU, in fact the margin over SU has grown very large for UCF.Then , its posted on their board ( i know their SECERET plans are pm'D) about this proposal,ASU fans read their board,one poster there said he would stay up all night long voting against us if ASU was defeated by NDSU and SDSU teaming up.We don't need people voting against us from other schools other than our opponent,do we?

Comment

we are probably better off just voting for our own school since we arent sure which fan base will really put a good effort forth. if anything, since the XDSUs have been some of the front runners for vote getters other schools will probably figure out they will need to team up to vote against us as their best chance to move on. The more votes we have for us is our best Defense and best Offense so instead of wasting votes for schools that we might not even face if they dont win, or maybe their fan base gets a good push if they move on. its a slippery slope trying to pick winners and losers. I say vote for SDSU and if we lose we lose but atleast we put our time and effort in to our own school.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              we are probably better off just voting for our own school since we arent sure which fan base will really put a good effort forth. if anything, since the XDSUs have been some of the front runners for vote getters other schools will probably figure out they will need to team up to vote against us as their best chance to move on. The more votes we have for us is our best Defense and best Offense so instead of wasting votes for schools that we might not even face if they dont win, or maybe their fan base gets a good push if they move on. its a slippery slope trying to pick winners and losers. I say vote for SDSU and if we lose we lose but atleast we put our time and effort in to our own school.
              Post #371.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I don't trust the Bison,are we sure they're not just trying to stir up people against us.Let me explain,they come on here saying we help them get UCF and they'll help us vs ASU.They are not voting for SU, in fact the margin over SU has grown very large for UCF.Then , its posted on their board ( i know their SECERET plans are pm'D) about this proposal,ASU fans read their board,one poster there said he would stay up all night long voting against us if ASU was defeated by NDSU and SDSU teaming up.We don't need people voting against us from other schools other than our opponent,do we?
                If you just vote for SDSU you can give your brain a break thinking through all the scenarios and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Post #371.
                  I like your thinking. seems like a waste of time trying to stratagize about what teams we want to move on and such when if we just focus on voting for ourselves, we are probably going to do just as well if not better then medeling with other teams.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    If you just vote for SDSU you can give your brain a break thinking through all the scenarios and let the chips fall where they may.
                    You are so right,all this scheming,back stabbing, forming alliances "Survivor" reality show stuff just gives me a headache.Just school vs school and may the "best man win".

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      You are so right,all this scheming,back stabbing, forming alliances "Survivor" reality show stuff just gives me a headache.Just school vs school and may the "best man win".
                      Just looking out for your health.

Comment

After seeing this play out the past couple days, it is probably a losing effort to help eliminate either of those teams at this point. Perentage spread is too large to overcome without possibly set us up for a large run. One needed to be eliminated this round ro make it possible to eliminate the other the next. I will probably continue to help support WIU since they are a conference member, but other than that all my votes go back to us.

Comment

I'm a little leery of the 82/18 and how long its stayed at that figure,we don't make em vote and they don't make much of an attempt to cut into our lead.Maybe they just gave up.But if they had something set up only one day or so for a bunch of voters to vote all night long and overtake us and run us out of time to respond, they could very well pull the upset of the contest.
                          It only took us about 3-4 hrs to get the huge lead,so our margin figured in votes isn't insurmountable for an all night surge.We are vulnerable at night.
                          Just to be on the safe side, maybe we should try for a bump in increasing our margin the last couple days,another 4-5%.
                          With the voting ending at 11pm Central Time on Sunday, I don't believe we have to worry about an overnight surge passing us up. If they coordinate a voting attack Saturday Night, we will have all of Sunday to respond.
                          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Under 80% now

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                              Under 80% now
                              Is everybody getting one FB one twitter and unlimited Catchpa in? I think that if we do that we may spur some additional activity. when I submit my FB I always add somthing about the unlimited on the NCAA website taday my FB read "Help South Dakota State University win the NCAA 6th Fan Competition! We're currently UNDER ATTACK from University of Arkansas - Little Rock now DOWN to 77% of the votes, help us win at http://fw.to/80pn5oj‪#‎6thFan‬‪#‎SDAKST‬ Also UNLIMITED Votes! not signed in at 6thfan.ncaa.com"

Comment

Never thought about putting that in there. I will put that in there next time. Also down to 76%. Wonder if UALR getting some instate help or from UCF?
                                Last edited by Evolution Prime; 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X