• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

we're being ambushed ....down big time....been voting but still lost a %

Comment

We have lost that hunger to vote that we got when we were coming from behind. We limped across the finish line while schools like NDSU and Arkansas State finished strong. I don't think we are in any danger of losing this round, but when we have a more challenging foe, I believe Jackrabbit nation will rise up once again.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
        Bison are willing to help take out ASU next round if we help take UCF out this round. Put some extra votes on Southern this round since UCF is dangerous by looking what they did last round. Obviously we put the majority of our votes on us, but we should be able to spare some votes here and there. I am also putting a couple on WIU to assist them. UNI could also use some help.
        Ah.....Southern is 24% down to UCF,and that's without UCF feeling "threatened" .I did one of those pouring votes down a black hole things the first rd trying to resurrect IPFW....didn't work ,just wasted resources....but go ahead,meantime,our current opponent is catching a glimpse of hope and renewing their fighting spirit by taking 7% off our lead in 4 hrs.

It might be a good strategy,but poor planning to carry it out just wastes rescources,you 've got to have enough people to accomplish the mission,both from us and the Bison.And, to wait til your target has a 24% lead suggests poor planning and likely failure to me already.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-17-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Last time I voted we were up with 92%. Now 82-18. I'll see if I can get it up some

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Ah.....Southern is 24% down to UCF,and that's without UCF feeling "threatened" .I did one of those pouring votes down a black hole things the first rd trying to ressurrect IPFW....didn't work ,just wasted resources....but go ahead,meantime,our current opponent is catching a glimpse of hope and renewing their fighting spirit by taking 7% off our lead in 4 hrs.

It might be a good strategy,but poor planning to carry it out just wastes rescources,you 've got to have enough people to accomplish the mission,both from us and the Bison.And, to wait til your target has a 24% lead suggests poor planning and likely failure to me already.
            yes planning is going poorly so lets just not plan.

SU is doing well, as long as you don't feel threatened, vote for southern

Comment

Ah.....Southern is 24% down to UCF,and that's without UCF feeling "threatened" .I did one of those pouring votes down a black hole things the first rd trying to ressurrect IPFW....didn't work ,just wasted resources....but go ahead,meantime,our current opponent is catching a glimpse of hope and renewing their fighting spirit by taking 7% off our lead in 4 hrs.

UCF had about a 70% lead when we started this effort. In every round, we are going to make sure our own teams are safe before we start going after another opponent. By the time we make sure our own team is safe, our target is bound to have some lead. I would say going from Southern being 70% down to 22% down like they are right now is a pretty good effort less than 24 hours into the round (considering we had to make sure our own teams were safe). Now that we both have comfortable leads, we can use the next 6 days to try to take out our target.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonboone11 View Post
                UCF had about a 70% lead when we started this effort. In every round, we are going to make sure our own teams are safe before we start going after another opponent. By the time we make sure our own team is safe, our target is bound to have some lead. I would say going from Southern being 70% down to 22% down like they are right now is a pretty good effort less than 24 hours into the round (considering we had to make sure our own teams were safe). Now that we both have comfortable leads, we can use the next 6 days to try to take out our target.
                OK with me,as long as we have a reasonable chance of succeeding,not the case in the first rd,when someone came up with the idea to get IPFW into the sweet 16....they never budged,just someone saying "we ought to" is all that was,without nobody to actually do it.I've thrown some votes to W. ILL too,so not opposed to helping someone out,count me in. Oops....only 7% behind from being even,forgot 50/50 is even, looking better after all.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

SU is now down 12 points to UCF. Catching up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonboone11 View Post
                    I'm OK with that and will have some time, so will join the effort. Expect the same help in the next round, which will be tougher, because the competition gets tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      I'm OK with that and will have some time, so will join the effort. Expect the same help in the next round, which will be tougher, because the competition gets tougher.
                      i assure you, i hate everything about arkansas and have no intention of letting them make the semi's

Comment

I voted over an hr this morning ,alternating votes between SU and W. ILL,all the time keeping a sharp eye on the Jacks.

UCF seems strong,they increased their lead during this time I think.I'll continue the effort,but...it's going to take more from us and the Bison to pull the upset ....

Comment

I voted over an hr this morning ,alternating votes between SU and W. ILL,all the time keeping a sharp eye on the Jacks.

UCF seems strong,they increased their lead during this time I think.I'll continue the effort,but...it's going to take more from us and the Bison to pull the upset ....
                          I'm putting all my votes to SU, and will definitely help out with Arkansas State next week.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but one of the Facebook status message gives the over voting percentages that the school has received of the total votes. At the 14:20 update, we were sitting at an overall of second of 9.4% while UCF is in the lead at 11.8%. Bison and ASU are duking it out for 3rd and 4th overall.

Comment

Not only the money, but there's a ton of free pubplicity for the winning school.Winners announced during halftime at NCAA championship game.Might help recruiting a little,with name recognition.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-19-2014, 09:55 AM.

Comment

We are sitting at 82% to 18%. I just voted for 10 minutes to kick my day off. I won't have time to vote until late this evening, but if we are in the same position tonight, I will relax a little bit.

I am wondering if we shouldn't start voting for WIU over UNM. I would way rather face WIU in the Elite Eight. UNM has a much larger enrollment and more dedicated fan base than WIU. I am confident we can beat either team, but I would feel more comfortable with WIU. I am interested to hear what others think.
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X