Pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet peeves

When the radio announcers says that "there are 6 seconds to shoot on the shot clock" or "there is 12:30 seconds left in the game on the game clock". Redundancy reduces efficiency. Now, it is necessary in certain situations were even the slightest bit of confusion can be deadly, the "pre surgical pause or timeout" for instance.

That and mirrored scheduling and parents or family members of players overreacting to posts on a fan forum. Its a fan forum for crying out loud. Rational thought was checked at the boarder and most of us are a thousand miles inland by now. Carry on.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The pains of mirror scheduling reared their head for me Saturday as I was driving on I-90 towards Rapid City and trying to follow a thrilling finish to the women's game on the radio. I was only in Mitchell when the two stations I found that carried the game started to fade in and out. I miss the simplicity (and range) of WNAX. At least they still carry the men's games.

Comment

Complained about this a bunch on here, but the new student section is terrible. Ugh.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Complained about this a bunch on here, but the new student section is terrible. Ugh.
          No kidding, and the great blue wall of south dakota that goes through frost just looks horrible. I dont care if a few season ticket holders feel good about themselves in the new seats. it really has taken away the awesomeness that once was Frost. Games on TV sure dont look very intimidating with fans sitting so far and high up from the court.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The students in the endzones are much louder then they have been in years past and they have the potential of interfering with free throws there too.

Comment

And the new season ticket seating is going to be completely redone after this season...somebody screwed up royally there but IMO the concept is correct to get the season tickets holders better seats behind the benches. 3-4 years from now new students won't care a bit and might even love those seats. If anything the Pep Band needs to be relocated to give the non-band students more seats.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                The students in the endzones are much louder then they have been in years past and they have the potential of interfering with free throws there too.
                Less students get seats, but hey, we can wave our arms during freethrows! Great tradeoff.

Comment

yea the students don't have as much room to spread out and text and they can't show up 10 min. after the game starts anymore. Sorry but the students who do show up and seat in the endzones cheer that is a big improvement from the past, and I haven't seen a student turned away so seems like there are plenty of seats for all in Frost.

Comment

I do have one pet peeve that no one has talked about. After the game the band plugs up the walkway putting their instruments away. Glad they are there, but they could either use their area or wait until the fans have left. Also the drummer has a hard time keeping tempo on the school song. It speeds up and slows down every time.

Comment

Creating a hostile venue for basketball does not start with older fans with better seats. If we non student fans only look out for our own self interest its a better deal for watching, but with students closer to the court its a better envrionment for sports as much as some would claim its better the current way. Hope its not to much of a headache for security with USD fans siting above half the student section. Sure the current student and former student populations are not their packed every game going nuts but lets face it, many of the non students who have good seats are not their in masses for every single game. the good new for the section above the new season ticket seats is they wont have to bitch about people standing and blocking the view like they use to yell at students all the time. now its a nice sit down arena and we dont have to worry about those pesky college kids blocking our views or taking up prime seating.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Allright, that brings one up for me. I love the State Cadence. You know, "ooooohhh, one, two, three, four, tell the people who we're for....."

The way the Cheer Team is doing it is way, way to slow. We used to bang that thing out loud and proud with the aid of the drums from the Pep Band. I hate this version, which almost nobody gets into.

Hey, Jacks#1Fan, am I right on this? Nobody loves that cheer more than you! Let's get that things rocking again.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

When SDSU fans or media or people who should know better say blue and gold for school colors. That just grinds my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            yea the students don't have as much room to spread out and text and they can't show up 10 min. after the game starts anymore. Sorry but the students who do show up and seat in the endzones cheer that is a big improvement from the past, and I haven't seen a student turned away so seems like there are plenty of seats for all in Frost.
                            Lol. Great post.

Spread out and text? Show up 10 minutes after the game starts? Is this what students were doing last year? Did I somehow miss that from the middle of the ****ing student section? And it's not louder than it was last year. Maybe it's louder than two years ago, but two years ago, students were just starting to realize that the team was good. The student section is not better than what it was last year.

No ****, no students get turned away. But all the students that come to games don't fit in the "STUDENT SECTION." The fact that they made the student section smaller than it was last year and then added the band in there on top of that is a problem to me. I'm not even a student anymore, but it still pisses me off.

Comment

Lol. Great post.

Spread out and text? Show up 10 minutes after the game starts? Is this what students were doing last year? Did I somehow miss that from the middle of the ****ing student section? And it's not louder than it was last year. Maybe it's louder than two years ago, but two years ago, students were just starting to realize that the team was good. The student section is not better than what it was last year.

No ****, no students get turned away. But all the students that come to games don't fit in the "STUDENT SECTION." The fact that they made the student section smaller than it was last year and then added the band in there on top of that is a problem to me. I'm not even a student anymore, but it still pisses me off.
                              Also, someone please tell me if I'm crazy, re: the loudness of last year's student section vs. this year's student section.

It wasn't great last year, but it just seems dead this year. There is one group of guys trying to start (lame, copied) cheers and then everyone else standing.

But if that is better than last year, someone (other than LinkJack) please let me know.

Comment

Also, someone please tell me if I'm crazy, re: the loudness of last year's student section vs. this year's student section.

It wasn't great last year, but it just seems dead this year. There is one group of guys trying to start (lame, copied) cheers and then everyone else standing.

But if that is better than last year, someone (other than LinkJack) please let me know.

I think it was better last year. Lets see how they do for the NDSU and USD games.

Comment

Working...
                                X