Pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet peeves

I think a thread is needed, as kind of a therapeutic stress relief after certain disppointing games and your anger can be vented here ,so you can ,in essence, arm chair QB the game,and still not be linked to said "disappointing " game.Kind of "sneaky", but could be fun.I'll start.....let's see ,....
    i guess what i hate to see (and especially watch) is a stale offense that just doesn't move.I like to see crisp ,sharp, passing to guys(or gals) who bust their behinds to get open and should be rewarded for their efforts with a nice pass for an easy lay up.I really hate to see guys pass the ball, when it's quite evident ,by me anyway,that they can get by their man and get to the basket .That's good for now....i feel better

Re: Pet peeves

I hate when players stand and watch someone else. We didn't move on offense when nate had the ball and on D we missed so many rebounds not blocking out becasue we were standing around watching.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Coming out not ready to play at the opening tip and getting so deep in a first half hole that is next to impossible to climb out of.

Comment

Naters will Nate, but this NBA flash in the pan stuff is a real distraction for the rest of the team. Seems like a the rest of the squad is standing around in awe waiting for the next NBA play by Nate. Not knocking the guy, he does have NBA talent, but really the rest of the team needs to grow up and get over this I dont know what to call it but "awe" that keeps us from great playing.

Comment

My Biggest Pet Peeve this year is the FREAKING MIRROR SCHEDULING!!!! I HATE IT. Brookings is only 2.5 hours away, But it really makes it hard to justify driving up for a game when you will be on the road five hours for a 2 hour game. did I mention I HATE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
            My Biggest Pet Peeve this year is the FREAKING MIRROR SCHEDULING!!!! I HATE IT. Brookings is only 2.5 hours away, But it really makes it hard to justify driving up for a game when you will be on the road five hours for a 2 hour game. did I mention I HATE IT.
            i hate it too. I live about 6 or seven hours away so i watch on the computer. I haveto either switch back and forth or use two computers side by side.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Men's team forgetting that the goal on offense is to get yourself open, for to take easy shots. It's called a "motion offense" for a reason, gentlemen. You move, the defense moves, gaps happen, somebody gets open. Capiche?

Instead, we, the fans, are tortured with: "Hey, let's just pass it around the perimeter for 30 seconds with absolutely no effort to attack the basket--or even the lane--and then at the end, get the ball to Nate and let him bail us out!"

How about a freakin' back-cut every once in a while? Is that too much to ask? If you want to know how to do it, ask the women's team across the hall from you guys.

And Mirror Scheduling is a Major Fail as well.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hate Mirror Scheduling

Comment

Hate Mirror Scheduling
                  Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  Hate Mirror Scheduling
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Add me to the hate mirror scheduling, also peeved about CF coming on here and starting a thread about 20 seconds after the final horn, his fair weather crap really gets me as in that thread called him not a nice name. Still think this guy is something else. Nobody on USD board has any respect for him, and I can see why. Always swimming up stream.

As far as losing in Vermillion, we are going to have to find ways to win down there just like winning in the Fabulous Fargo Dome in FARGO ND. I can handle two losses in a row in Vermillion but three fb loses in Fargo is starting weigh on my good nature.

yote forever is okay, and he seem like he should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Price. I am a Norweigian, I will see what I can do. ( Are smilies allowed in this thread?) I just think its time to move on. Think about beating Oakland and FW this week.

Comment

My pet peeves:

1-Player rotations. Teavaunn got 15 minutes against NDSU. 8 against UMKC. 0 against USD. Bittle got 0 minitues against NDSU and 11 against USD. Horstman played 0 against NDSU and 4 against USD. I don't believe you see this on good teams. We are pretty much down to a 6 man rotation with 1 guy that might get anywhere from 0-15 minutes depending on the matchups. This frustrates me to no end. When Benson was in the league, I could see playing for matchups, but not now. HOW ABOUT WE MAKE OTHER TEAMS ADJUST TO OUR PLAYERS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO ADJUST OUR GAMEPLAN TO BEAT TEAMS WE SHOULD BE BETTER THAN??????

2-Jordan Dykstra. C'mon man, you were a second team all conference selection last year, and I swear 90% of your points this season are in the last 5 minutes of games that have all but been decided. Shave your head again or something.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

For those who hate mirror scheduling, imagine how much you will love paying for season tickets when they split the men and women (this is coming).
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

One more:

“We’re just a very low-key team,” coach Scott Nagy said. “We just aren’t emotional. I think it helps us in places, but it certainly hurts us in this conference setting.”

Perhaps it was all that stay humble talk earlier this season???

Comment

When my wife or kids leave the cap off the toothpaste...wait, does it have to be basketball related
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Beautiful women who don't instantly fall in love with me.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X