X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet peeves

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Related:

People that are fans of colleges that they did not attend. Why do you like that team and why do you care so much?
    Ive been a Irish fan since i was 12 yrs old. I watched the ND replays every Sunday and became a fan. That would be 40 + yrs of being an ND fan. I became a rabbit fan when i was in high school because my older sister went to SDSU. I went to football and basketball games while i was in high school and became a rabbit fan. That was a long time ago too. One can be a fan of a college they didnt attend. Why are people in SD, Viking fans when they dont live in Minnesota?

Comment

I dont live in Minnesota and I am not a Vikings fan so there you go. Its a free country. No particular reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Since USD is 200, I feel soooo much better.

Taevaunn did not play against USD. The team on the floor shot 25%, gave up 55%, and got outrebounded by 6. Defense and rebounding are a couple of Prince's strong points, but he probably had a bad week in practice.

I said Coach Nagy is the best coach we've ever had. What do 8 DII 20 win seasons have to do with anything in the here and now?

Meaningful minutes are enough minutes to impact the outcome of the game. Its going to vary game by game, but against USD Taevaunn could have taken some of Carlson's or Nate's 20 minutes, Horstman's 4, or Bittle's 11. Think about that, against NDSU Bittle wasn't good enough to see the floor. Against USD, he plays more than half of the first half. Let's say 1 from Brayden, 1 from Nate, 4 from Horstman, and 2 from Bittle in the first half for a total of 8 first half minutes. Is that specific enough?
        Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll chip in late to point out that Taevaunn has been having major problems with turf toe. We were at Kansas City when Nagy tried to play him, and he could hardly run up and down the court (gingerly at best). I'm sure that is why he didn't get any minutes in the USD game. Since that has been the major point of emphasis in this thread, I thought you should know about that. As to the bench, Marcus is getting more and more playing time and I think that will continue. He is an excellent passer, but has been a little off in trying to make those passes, and that hasn't helped. With more time, that will get better. The only other bench player right now is Bittle, and while he does go in an play when Nate is in there, for the most part he is Nate's replacement, and we haven't been able to sit Nate very much. Horstman is finally able to play a little with his high ankle sprain problem, but won't see much playing time in crunch games IMO. We chose to redshirt both DeVine and Donlan, and I'm glad for that, but one of those (probably Donlan at this point) might have been a valuable bench player for us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll chip in late to point out that Taevaunn has been having major problems with turf toe. We were at Kansas City when Nagy tried to play him, and he could hardly run up and down the court (gingerly at best). I'm sure that is why he didn't get any minutes in the USD game. Since that has been the major point of emphasis in this thread, I thought you should know about that. As to the bench, Marcus is getting more and more playing time and I think that will continue. He is an excellent passer, but has been a little off in trying to make those passes, and that hasn't helped. With more time, that will get better. The only other bench player right now is Bittle, and while he does go in an play when Nate is in there, for the most part he is Nate's replacement, and we haven't been able to sit Nate very much. Horstman is finally able to play a little with his high ankle sprain problem, but won't see much playing time in crunch games IMO. We chose to redshirt both DeVine and Donlan, and I'm glad for that, but one of those (probably Donlan at this point) might have been a valuable bench player for us this year.
          As usual too logical and truthful. Isn't there something about SDSU, the team or fans that pisses you off? This is a pet peeve thread after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            After watching last night's game, it is pretty obvious that Taevaunn isn't 100%. I retract much of what I said about playing time disparity for him.

Although, I would like to see more consistent rotations off the bench. Just my opinion, but its hard to expect guys to be able to contribute when their playing time is dramatically inconsistent. An example would be Chad White last year, who saw more minutes off the bench than Tony did as a starter. He knew he was going to play every night, regardless of matchups, and was pretty good for us.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              After watching last night's game, it is pretty obvious that Taevaunn isn't 100%. I retract much of what I said about playing time disparity for him.Although, I would like to see more consistent rotations off the bench. Just my opinion, but its hard to expect guys to be able to contribute when their playing time is dramatically inconsistent. An example would be Chad White last year, who saw more minutes off the bench than Tony did as a starter. He knew he was going to play every night, regardless of matchups, and was pretty good for us.
              I have heard that playing time being inconsistent is the one thing they don't like.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

there are a few more issues I realized I have. first people who have pet peeves.

And irony.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My biggest pet peeve for the year was when it snowed the roads closed on the CSU Bakersfield game!! I had to miss a home game.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm peeved by fan message boards, myself . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oakland Athletics‏@OUGrizzlies#GrizzVision with @KampeOU outside in Fargo! #windchill #FightOakland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKaadIR6fM …
                      For the kampe groupies, here is his pet peeve
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Oakland Athletics‏@OUGrizzlies#GrizzVision with @KampeOU outside in Fargo! #windchill #FightOakland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKaadIR6fM …
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Wow just a little wind and snow right now, not sure what Kampe would think if we had a real blizzard right now. The worst of the storm is all north of Fargo, Grand Forks is getting blasted right now. Fargo is just in a winter weather advisory.

Comment

Oakland Athletics‏@OUGrizzlies#GrizzVision with @KampeOU outside in Fargo! #windchill #FightOakland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKaadIR6fM …For the kampe groupies, here is his pet peeve
                            Quite a character and some entertaining videos. In one he says SDSU has the best "adult" fans in the conference (Oakland and NDSU have the best student fans).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Quite a character and some entertaining videos. In one he says SDSU has the best "adult" fans in the conference (Oakland and NDSU have the best student fans).
                              And in that one he was in Bookings South CAROLINA... made in jest obviously

Cont me in for ppl who can't get were we are from right.

Comment

That any Summit League game for which VIDEO is available on the OTHER TEAM's site isn't available on GOJacks.com.

That mirror scheduling is decimating fan's following the best women's team since 2008-2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X