Added another recruit to the list:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...i'i-100622

WR Ethan Kipili'i
    Chandler, Arizona (sound familiar)
    6'0 180
    Plans to visit SDSU on 01/02/10

Comment

• Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

I'm slightly worried that there haven't been more verbals. Maybe it just seems like there have been more at this point in past years? Is it just me?

Good to read about the receiver option from Arizona.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        I'm slightly worried that there haven't been more verbals. Maybe it just seems like there have been more at this point in past years? Is it just me?

Good to read about the receiver option from Arizona.
        You know, it could be a good thing . . . maybe the SDSU staff is going after 'bigger game' --kids that are taking longer to decide between some lower- or mid-tier FBS program, other upper-level FCS programs, and SDSU . . .

It's hard to tell, not knowing who the coaching staff is really recruiting hard.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

An Arizona kid visiting Jan. 2 - might be some weather shock there!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Added another recruit to the list:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...i'i-100622

WR Ethan Kipili'i
            Chandler, Arizona (sound familiar)
            6'0 180
            Plans to visit SDSU on 01/02/10
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__d_eYg90pM

here is his recruitment video

Comment

here is Robbie Jelsma's recruiting video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p6lrZZWnM0

Comment

I posted this on another page, but it does belong here.

Here is a new recruit. Zach Albrecht WR - Kearney, NE. Zach was 2nd team Super State in Nebraska this year. I have no official reference in the media, but I did have lunch with a family member today.

Albrecht is 6' 3", 210 lbs. and would be a physical possession receiver. He runs a 4.7 - 40, which has limited his recruiting. He has started as a DE since his sophomore year at Kearney High School, which is among the top programs in the large Nebraska schools. Besides SDSU, Albrecht is garnering attention from D-II schools UNO and University of Nebraska, Kearney, in addition to Southern Utah. Nebraska and Kansas State have talked to him about walking on to their programs, but Albrecht is only considering schools that will offer a scholarship. He likely would only need a partial scholarship as he is smart enough to get academic scholarships.

I suspect he is leaning towards UNK as a very good friend, Rustin Dring, is their featured running back. Dring was also recruited as a DB by the Jacks two years ago, but he chose to be a running back for UNK. Too bad, he runs a 4.38 - 40 and was one of the top running backs in D-II this year as a sophomore.

Listed below is the Super State teams from Nebraska.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports/hi...cc4c002e0.html

Despite his limited speed, Albrecht is a very good athlete and is one of the top players on the basketball team that is ranked 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  An Arizona kid visiting Jan. 2 - might be some weather shock there!
                  No more than it was for Ryan Crawford, Jimmy Rogers and others.

I think in places like Arizona and California and Texas, there are bunch of good athletes that are over looked and once we can establish a network, we got a pretty good shot at them. Getting the coaches out these areas making contacts etc is a big part of it, and we probably need more dollars for the recruiting budget.

Comment

* post deleted due to smack content *

One more attempt at smack in a non-smack forum and you will be permanently excused from further participation on this board. -- filbert

p.s. on this board, "permanent" means permanent.
                    Last edited by filbert; 01-09-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I wonder if Coach Stig has any interest in Hofstra and Northeastern players. Both programs dropped football this year so there will be alot of FR and SO looking for new schools. I saw that UNI picked up an OL transfer from Northeastern.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        I wonder if Coach Stig has any interest in Hofstra and Northeastern players. Both programs dropped football this year so there will be alot of FR and SO looking for new schools. I saw that UNI picked up an OL transfer from Northeastern.
                        my guess is that if any Northeastern or Hofstra players come to SDSU it will be the players that do the leg work.... I don't know of any ties SDSU has to either program and I doubt that SDSU recruited any of them out of high school

Comment

How about this? If Pete Carroll is leaving USC because the NCAA is about to come down with sanctions on them, is there any chance we pick up some recruits in the ensuing trickle down? I'm not saying a kid turns down USC and chooses SDSU, but as the former USC recruits pick different schools, those new schools drop other kids, etc and some end up looking for a place to play. Might be a good time to not have 4,000 kids committed to a particular class. Things could get interesting in the next few weeks.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            How about this? If Pete Carroll is leaving USC because the NCAA is about to come down with sanctions on them, is there any chance we pick up some recruits in the ensuing trickle down? I'm not saying a kid turns down USC and chooses SDSU, but as the former USC recruits pick different schools, those new schools drop other kids, etc and some end up looking for a place to play. Might be a good time to not have 4,000 kids committed to a particular class. Things could get interesting in the next few weeks.
                            NO.... though MAYBE I could see a transfer or 2 from USC going to the FCS level.... Don't know if SDSU has any connections to USC, one of their QB's went to I think Richmond.....

I think transfers are more likely to happen, you also have to remember that USC needs to fill a coaching vacancy now (Oregon States coach?) and when coaches leave you see a lot of transfers....

Comment

I don't expext we would get anybody that was considering USC, but maybe those kids take scholarships from other kids at other schools and as that happens a few may end up needing a home.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                I don't expext we would get anybody that was considering USC, but maybe those kids take scholarships from other kids at other schools and as that happens a few may end up needing a home.
                                yeah but that is like 7 degrees of seperation.... it would take a lot of trickle down...

Comment

Working...
                                X