Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    And in reality, .04 seconds is irrelevant.
    Just heard that CBrodie and T Tiefenthaler tied for the fastest 40 times last week. I believe it to be around 4.43 seconds. Regardless of what level of football we are talking that is damn fast.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      And in reality, .04 seconds is irrelevant.
      I don't know that I would call it "irrelevant." I guess my point of the post was that the kid keeps getting faster and faster. Usually gains of even a tenth of a second are extremely unlikely. So to drop .04 in a matter of 7 weeks is very relevant. Kids don't just drop from 4.55 to 4.40. They chip away at the times little by little. That drop was actually one of the biggest of the group that was under 5 seconds, so I wouldn't call it irrelevant.

BTW, it was done at Eagan High School on the carpeted hallway.

Comment

Zenner looks like a pretty impressive recruit and I'm excited to see him in a Jackrabbit uniform. He has a great combination of size (5'11, 215 lbs) and speed (4.51 forty), and as RunGopherRun is reporting, sounds like he has a great work ethic. From the video I saw of him, he runs a little high, but that can be fixed. I can't imagine he is going to be too fun to tackle if he gains 15 to 20 pounds of muscle while, at minimum, maintaining his speed, especially if he learns to run with better leverage.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

The only video around for Zenner is his JR. year on Youtube. I can tell you that this past season Zenner looked much better than that video. He spent half the year playing QB due to an injury and single handedly kept the team relevant in arguably the toughest conference in the state. I'll talk to the coach and see if I can get some video from this past season to post.

Comment

Originally posted by RunGopherRun View Post
            The only video around for Zenner is his JR. year on Youtube. I can tell you that this past season Zenner looked much better than that video. He spent half the year playing QB due to an injury and single handedly kept the team relevant in arguably the toughest conference in the state. I'll talk to the coach and see if I can get some video from this past season to post.
            That would be great if you could lead me towards some more recent video of him, as I enjoy watching film on SDSU recruits and doing my own evaluation of them.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Just throwing this out there, but does the recent announcement of retirement from Don Meyer open up the recruiting for Jared Hannigan from Aberdeen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                Just throwing this out there, but does the recent announcement of retirement from Don Meyer open up the recruiting for Jared Hannigan from Aberdeen?

I was thinking the same thing. I've got to think that Coach Meyer would've told Jared that he was retiring, but on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing. I've got to think that Coach Meyer would've told Jared that he was retiring, but on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

Go Jacks!!
                  Hannigan is the only recruit that has been announced and signed his LOI for Northern so far and this topic was brought up by the AD at Northern at the press conference this past Monday. He stated that any athlete is not obligated to still attend and would have to wait and see who the new coach is. Since Hannigan has signed his LOI I believe he would have to sit out a year if he decided to go elsewhere. From what I have heard he really wants to play basketball.

Comment

A reliable source (JJ) notes on another thread that Julian Wagner has been moved from DB to reciever. That would seem to increase the need for more depth at DB ASAP.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Sounds like we have signed a defensive back and also confirms the hire of Coach Davis
                      http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...08/1002/sports

Comment

#24 Darryl Jackson is the newest Jack. http://www.fresnocitycollege.com/index.aspx?page=454

Comment

Glad to see the Jacks have added a DB with experience, someone who should be able to contribute right away.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Glad to see the Jacks have added a DB with experience, someone who should be able to contribute right away.
                            I think there's a good chance that he will redshirt. Our two starters are seniors (Brodie, Parnell) and we have a good nickel/backup corner in Rodkem Matthews. So unless somebody get's injured, it would be nice for him to redshirt and than start alongside Matthews in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              I think there's a good chance that he will redshirt. Our two starters are seniors (Brodie, Parnell) and we have a good nickel/backup corner in Rodkem Matthews. So unless somebody get's injured, it would be nice for him to redshirt and than start alongside Matthews in 2011.
                              Parnell is also recovering from major knee surgery and we'll need some depth at the position, so I'd be surprised if he red-shirted. I'm guessing that since he's from Fresno City College he is a JUCO and a 2YR player. If that's the case, it's pretty rare for that type of player to red-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                Parnell is also recovering from major knee surgery and we'll need some depth at the position, so I'd be surprised if he red-shirted. I'm guessing that since he's from Fresno City College he is a JUCO and a 2YR player. If that's the case, it's pretty rare for that type of player to red-shirt.
                                It also doesn't make sense to waste his Junior season being a 4th cornerback that might not see the field besides on special teams.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. I think it will come down to how healthy the position is and if Parnell is ready to go 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X