Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I think there's a good chance that he will redshirt. Our two starters are seniors (Brodie, Parnell) and we have a good nickel/backup corner in Rodkem Matthews. So unless somebody get's injured, it would be nice for him to redshirt and than start alongside Matthews in 2011.
    I think what would be really nice is if he's so good that they can't keep him off the field. And yes, you can call me Mr. Obvious.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      It also doesn't make sense to waste his Junior season being a 4th cornerback that might not see the field besides on special teams.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. I think it will come down to how healthy the position is and if Parnell is ready to go 100%.
      You just don't see Junior College Players come in and redshirt or sit on the bench. He was brought in to provide depth and be on special teams etc. I suspect he will have a chance to compete for a spot to allow the younger players to develop. You would think as a junior he is physically and mentally ready to go and that is why he was brought here.

Comment

Depth at DP is an immediate concern, considering the severity of General Parnell's injury and Julian Wagner's reported position switch. I'll guess that any redshirting at the position will be reserved for freshmen. For Mr. Jackson, the future is now. He's needed.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Depth at DP is an immediate concern, considering the severity of General Parnell's injury and Julian Wagner's reported position switch. I'll guess that any redshirting at the position will be reserved for freshmen. For Mr. Jackson, the future is now. He's needed.
          Exactly right. Just so everybody knows, my source for Julian Wagner's position switch is... Julian Wagner.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Because SDSU doesn't really use nickel or dime packages, SDSU only typically plays with 3 CB's in a season unless one gets hurt. I doubt Jackson is going to be able to come in and beat out SR Brodie, SR Parnell, or JR Matthews for their spots. Our depth at CB isn't that bad for 2010, it's bad for 2011 when we lose Parnell & Brodie.

The only way I see Jackson playing is if Parnell's isn't ready to go or if there is another injury. Hence the redshirt. I guess we will wait and see.

Here's the depth at CB right now.

SR Brodie
            SR Parnell
            JR Matthews
            JR Jackson
            RFR Brown
            RFR Jones

I wouldn't waste a year of eligibility with Jackson at CB if he is only going to be used sparingly or for special teams. Have a Brown or Jones play special teams, not too mention that we have an abundance of back-up LB's and Safeties.

Comment

Just the fact that the coaching staff was recruiting a number of JUCO players shows that they thought we needed immediate depth at this position.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Exactly right. Just so everybody knows, my source for Julian Wagner's position switch is... Julian Wagner.
                How can we trust your source? :-)

As for redshirting, I don't see it happening. I might be wrong (which would be the first time this year since I gave it up for my New Years' resolution) (once again :-) ). I think we will see more rotation on defense to keep fresh people on the field. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  How can we trust your source? :-)

As for redshirting, I don't see it happening. I might be wrong (which would be the first time this year since I gave it up for my New Years' resolution) (once again :-) ). I think we will see more rotation on defense to keep fresh people on the field. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                  Maybe a lesson learned from the Montana game? The lack of depth really hurt us.

GBGBGJ

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/sports/pr...3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

Short article on future Jack Di-Jon Starr. Says that he will compete in track at SDSU as well in throwing events.

Comment

Jacks add a DB recruit according to the Brookings Register.

http://twitter.com/bkgsregsports

New recruit is Ramel Crenshaw, a corner from Atlanta - Grady High School, 5'10", 157 lbs with a scouts grade of 40.

Comment

Here's his ESPN Page

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...26&season=2010

Scouts Grade of 40 is just a generic grade until they watch film on the recruit.

Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR5Ucudy8vw

Comment

I think the only reason this kid didn't get recruited real hard is because of his techno/elevator/hip-hop background music(emphasis on techno-elevator)....oye.
                          ESPN site shows a 4.72/40 the film says 4.4, guess we'll see looks more towards the 4.4 than the 4.72. He was also all Atlanta first team defense, (You must see the film). As a DB he is a fundamental tackler, has a great feel for the ball, and finishes his tackles. As a RB he cuts and uses his holes well.
                          Mantra here, a lot of second effort, speed and good game smarts.
                          If we got him, this is a very good get. Check it out......

http://talkupaps.wordpress.com/2010/...-for-football/
                          “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                            I think the only reason this kid didn't get recruited real hard is because of his techno/elevator/hip-hop background music(emphasis on techno-elevator)....oye.
                            ESPN site shows a 4.72/40 the film says 4.4, guess we'll see looks more towards the 4.4 than the 4.72. He was also all Atlanta first team defense, (You must see the film). As a DB he is a fundamental tackler, has a great feel for the ball, and finishes his tackles. As a RB he cuts and uses his holes well.

The 40 times that ESPN posts always seem to be way slower than what is usually shown on other sites. Not saying Crenshaw runs a 4.4, but probably faster than 4.7. (Although a 4.7 for a Junior in high school isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post

He looks like a -very- good tackler. Textbook form--wrap at the waist and hold on.

Comment

Here is some video footage and an interview with Di-Jonn Starr. He was the KARE-11 Athlete of the Week. This young man can throw the shot and disc very well! I can't wait to see him throw around offensive linemen!!!!

http://www.kare11.com/sports/prep/athlete/default.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X