Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruting Class

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Does SDSU or Stig have some sort of a policy that they will not offer until the season starts? I've noticed that none of the interested parties have an offer from us and I know of 2 guys who SDSU has looked at and both said that when they talked to the coaches they said that they wouldn't offer until the season started.... I was wondering if that was a policy or if that was just a polite way of saying your not good enough for us...
    That must be a policy because it seems that you never hear much about recruiting at SDSU until towards the end of the season. Although, last year R.C. Kilgore verballed in the early fall so I would think there are a few exceptions.

Comment

I don't think it is either of those conditions. Stig and staff have a good sized list of players they are interested in for that year. They'll bring in the ones they are interested in to see for the summer camps to get closer looks at them. They do it to get a feel of the player and how they would fit in the program. Sure they can make early offers. But I don't think it's a big deal unless someone blows your socks off while watching them and meeting with them. Good character and good talent always should be more important than someone with not a lot of character and great talent. I trust our coaches know how to find those types of players.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        Seems like a lot of schools are after Washington's Trevor Gebhart

http://www.minnesota.rivals.com/view...?pr_key=102381

Hopefully the Jacks will offer soon. Does anybody know if Trevor is related to the Gebhart twins that ran track for state?
        According to the argus, Trevor is heading to NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          According to the argus, Trevor is heading to NDSU.
          I believe he's Everett's boy
          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
            I believe he's Everett's boy
            Yep.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://beta.argusleader.com/article/...TS01/908130337

Not going to say this doesn't bother me a bit...as a fan of course. Trevor's Dad, Everett as most of us know, went to SDSU.

Go Jacks!!
              Last edited by propar80; 08-13-2009, 10:44 AM.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                http://beta.argusleader.com/article/...TS01/908130337

Not going to say this doesn't bother me a bit...as a fan of course. Trevor's Dad, Everett as most of us know, went to SDSU.

Go Jacks!!
                Unfortunately Trevor is not his dad and had choices. Was Breske, who is also one of us, have a role in this recruitment? I believe he did.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Does SDSU or Stig have some sort of a policy that they will not offer until the season starts? I've noticed that none of the interested parties have an offer from us and I know of 2 guys who SDSU has looked at and both said that when they talked to the coaches they said that they wouldn't offer until the season started.... I was wondering if that was a policy or if that was just a polite way of saying your not good enough for us...
                  It's the way Stig works. It's not how I would do things, but what do I know? And how could I or anyone else complain about how he does recruiting with the direction the program is heading....not to mention that we're coming off maybe the best recruitig class ever. I have seen the two SF kids play and they really didn't stand out. Of course that was last year and they both had some very good (future college players) on the field with them.

Comment

I believe Austin Sumner got an offer from SDSU last winter.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Robbie Jelsma a LB from Bon Homme has been invited to the first home game, he doesn't have an offer yet but said he expects one to come during the invite. He has an offer from USD and is planning a visit to Iowa sometime during the season.

Comment

Certainly has some nice size to play linebacker in college:http://top100.o-d.com/prospects/rjelsma2/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Certainly has some nice size to play linebacker in college:http://top100.o-d.com/prospects/rjelsma2/
                          he's a good kid and has the body will be interesting to see how he does on the field. I've never seen him play football so I don't know much about his playing abilities. He is a big strong, fast kid... played center for the baseball team.

Comment

he's a good kid and has the body will be interesting to see how he does on the field. I've never seen him play football so I don't know much about his playing abilities. He is a big strong, fast kid... played center for the baseball team.
                            Played center FIELD in baseball, or played CENTER for BASKETBALL?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Played center FIELD in baseball, or played CENTER for BASKETBALL?
                              both..... he was the Centerfielder on the legion and high school baseball team... is also a post on the basketball team...

Comment

both..... he was the Centerfielder on the legion and high school baseball team... is also a post on the basketball team...
                                LOL, a true triple threat! If he wants that in college, he'll need to stay below D-I. Sure would like to see a top SD player in Blue & Yellow tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X