• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    These players seem like they have the size/accomplishents to get a look:
    RB/LB Christian DeCurtins - Arlington 6'0" 185
    TE/DE Josh Licht - Estelline 6'2" 210
    Both are most likely going to USF or Augie.

Comment

I'll give a little update on Robbie Jelsma

I talked to him last week he said USD is the only D-I to officially offer yet, he expects SDSU to offer as soon as the season is over.... Nebraska has been in contact and he wouldn't be surprised if they offered and Iowa has invited him on an official visit.

Comment

I'm just watching the AA championship game. Jared Hannigan would be a great addition to SDSU. I don't think as a qb but as a db return guy he would be good. I have heard though that he will commit to play BBall at Northern. Hopefully our coaches can talk him out of it.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          I'm just watching the AA championship game. Jared Hannigan would be a great addition to SDSU. I don't think as a qb but as a db return guy he would be good. I have heard though that he will commit to play BBall at Northern. Hopefully our coaches can talk him out of it.
          I was going to bring his name up last week. Apparently he's getting looked at for football, but it's only by word of mouth from someone who follows 11 AA football so I don't have any way to confirm.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think I heard during coverage of the state football tournament that Hannigan plans to go to Northern. Don't know how firm that commitment is or what sports he intends to play at the college level.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I'm friends with Jared, and he said he is all but 100% sure he is going to Northern for basketball, don't get your hopes up for him.

Also I am just curious, what does the average LB run for a 40 time that goes to State, and what would you say is the average bench squat for them?
              Be aware I am talking about Freshman, not guys like Domino and Batten :P

Comment

Any idea what TV was talking about yesterday in his chat when he mentioned NDSU losing a verbal? Does this have something to do with us? I am purely speculating here because it seemed strange that it was brought up.
                Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-20-2009, 12:10 PM.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
                  The day before when Stu was talking to Coach Meierkort about recruiting during the Argus Leader online chat, Stu made the comment that Trevor Gebhart's verbal to NDSU wasn't as secure as once thought.

Not sure if what TV was saying and what Stu was saying go hand in hand.
                  I just read from a poster on bisonville, with the moniker of siouxfallsbison no less, that Gebhart is not going anywhere. Same guy has been posting a few other things with stat updates and such. Seems like the poster has ties to the Washington WR and knows what they are talking about. This all could be Stu opening his trap and stirring the pot so who knows. I just thought the deflective answer and ambiguous talk by those at the Argus was interesting.

I guess we could infer that TV's comment does not relate then to Trevor Gebhart.

Comment

You'd have to think that if Gebhardt was switching schools it would be for SDSU or for a preferred walk-on at a FBS school (big10 or big12).

USD offered Gebhardt but I doubt that Stu would have brought up Gebhardt's status in front of Meierkort if he was going to go to USD.

Comment

It could be Hardie or any number of other early recruit committments to NDSU. I think their strategy could backfire as there will be some awful good football players who were anticipating an offer from a FBS school and it doesn't happen and NDSU will be left with little to no scholarship flexibility. I'm not saying they don't have committments from good players it's just a bit of a gamble.

Comment

Its not Trevor Gebhart. siouxfallsbison=Trevor's parent. We can put that one to rest. Just Stu flapping his gums . . . imagine that.

Comment

Stu strikes again, seriously how unprofessional can a guy be? Not only is he babbling about some rumor but he is also talking about a recruit on the air, right in front of a coach.

Comment

I thought that whole interview was very unprofessional.... Miekort, is chewing gum, talking about scheduling with SDSU, talking about getting rid of kids that aren't cutting it.... while Stew brings up NDSU's recruits not being a sure thing and then he keeps saying Gebharts name.....

For people that are saying it is all TV they are wrong, Terry said that he had recruiting news and that he thought that NDSU may be losing a verbal. He never said it was Gebhart or not...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I thought that whole interview was very unprofessional.... Miekort, is chewing gum, talking about scheduling with SDSU, talking about getting rid of kids that aren't cutting it.... while Stew brings up NDSU's recruits not being a sure thing and then he keeps saying Gebharts name.....

For people that are saying it is all TV they are wrong, Terry said that he had recruiting news and that he thought that NDSU may be losing a verbal. He never said it was Gebhart or not...
                              I couldn't believe that either, Miekort is talking about cutting guys like it is no big deal. I don't think I have ever heard an NDSU coach on an interview talking about the need to cut players days after the season is over, if they did I doubt they would be so nonchalant about it.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                                I couldn't believe that either, Miekort is talking about cutting guys like it is no big deal. I don't think I have ever heard an NDSU coach on an interview talking about the need to cut players days after the season is over, if they did I doubt they would be so nonchalant about it.
                                yeah when I had heard about it I thought it would of been like the following, but it was far like that.

I could understand if he would of been like, we have to address a few situations and a few guys won't be back next year because of off the field issues.

but he was like we got to get rid of kids who aren't cutting it, in the classroom, on the field and did it in a way like it was no big deal....

Comment

Working...
                                X