2010 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

Many insinuations from the coaches through TV that our current success is likely to pay divedends on signing day in February 2010. I'm very anxious to see what our 2010 recruiting class will look like. Interesting on another Board (UNI) they were grousing that this year at SDSU is a fluke due to some really good players from Arizona we were able to recruit based on a past coaches relationships and that we will likely return to mediocrity after this year. I certainly don't think that will be the case, but our Arizona pipeline does seem to have dried up.
    Last edited by JACKGUYII; 11-20-2009, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Many insinuations from the coaches through TV that our current success is likely to pay divedends on signing day in February 2010. I'm very anxious to see what our 2010 recruiting class will look like. Interesting on another Board (UNI) they were grousing that this year at SDSU is a fluke due to some really good players from Arizona we were able to recruit based on a past coaches relationships and that we will likely return to mediocrity after this year. I certainly don't think that will be the case, but our Arizona pipeline does seem to have dried up.
      Our Arizona pipeline may have died down but our California, Kansas City, and Texas pipelines seem to be just fine. It doesn't matter where the recruits come from as long as they can play ball and be good students.

Comment

Our Arizona Connect was Coach Daren Wilkinson who was at SDSU for 04-07. He's now the QB coach at Colorado St.

I think we're going to be seeing alot of recruits from Nebraska and the Kansas City area this year.

Comment

One thing I agreed with Meirkort (sp)? was that he recruits Denver where a lot of programs over look the Denver area.... I am surprised that SDSU does no football recruiting in Colorado at all.....

As far as Arizona, I don't know how great it was in the first place. We got Rogers and Batten, and they are really good, but Steffen and Domino are similar players, and similar talents and we got them in our backyard..... Last year we got 2 big, fast DE's out of California... So its not like we were raking it in Arizona, we just had a few years with a few really good recruits....

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
            I'm just watching the AA championship game. Jared Hannigan would be a great addition to SDSU. I don't think as a qb but as a db return guy he would be good. I have heard though that he will commit to play BBall at Northern. Hopefully our coaches can talk him out of it.
            Jared Hannigan has signed his letter of intent to play basketball at Northern.

Comment

Bronson Marsh had an outstanding night in leading Millard South to an undefeated, championship season. In last night's blowout, he threw for 101 yards and rushed for another 158 yards on 16 carries. Millard South was never really tested in the playoffs as they outscored the opposition 181 to 74. They rolled crosstown rival Millard West 45 to 17 in the finals.

Bronson is a great athlete and he just broke the state 11-man career passing record with 6,826 yards. Despite this, I don't believe this dual-threat QB will be a great fit for our offense. He would, however, be intriguing as a DB, RB, or WR. His 6'0" - 200 lb frame is not outstanding for a QB. A QB like Austin Sumner would appear to be a better fit taking snaps for Stig. But you can never have too many great athletes like Marsh on your roster. His background as a QB with decent size and 4.5 speed may translate into an outstanding Rabbit at other positions.

He continues to get interest from other big time schools, so it will be interesting to see where he lands.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/foo...on-Marsh-74355
              Last edited by GopherHole; 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                I'm friends with Jared, and he said he is all but 100% sure he is going to Northern for basketball, don't get your hopes up for him.

Also I am just curious, what does the average LB run for a 40 time that goes to State, and what would you say is the average bench squat for them?
                Be aware I am talking about Freshman, not guys like Domino and Batten :P
                still looking for an answer to the second part

Comment

I would hope that the staff hasn't completely given up on the Arizona connection quite yet. Having Batten suited up in an NFL uniform next year would be a great recruiting tool for that region.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                    still looking for an answer to the second part
                    Just looking at Rivals.com for LB's that have interest from SIU & UNI it would seem the average would be:

6'0" = 6'2", 200 - 220 lbs
                    40 time: 4.65 - 4.75
                    bench: 285 - 325 lbs
                    squat: 475 - 525 lbs

Comment

• Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...TE45/311260002

The link is to the Argus Leader article on Austin Sumner. He was named the Elite 45 captain. They talk some about his recruitment. Sounds like he would be more than happy to play for SDSU, but is waiting to see what happens with a few other BCS programs. I can't blame him for being patient. Hopefully he gets what he wants.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Sumner would be a great fit for the Jacks, a rising FCS power with championship potential. He's a winner. I'd hate to see him go to a losing FBS school just for the sake of trying the FBS.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

I met his mom on a recent trip to the Sanford Children's Hospital in Sioux Falls. What an awesome lady. She mentioned how much she liked SDSU and that her son is being recruited and really likes SDSU and only had a GREAT things to say about coach Stig. It was kind of cool meeting her and hearing how much they liked State.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I won't lie, I'm dying for some recruiting news...some names...a few recruits. We're in the playoffs, so things should start to trickle in. I won't begrudge any guy (Terry V. at the Argus) his vacation, but I'm soooo restless. I'm anxious to see whether we snatch a verbal from NDSU.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

After scanning the article about Sumner in the Argus, he mentions that SDSU is his only firm offer and if the Big 10 have not made anything then you really wonder if any will materialize. I am not an expert on the recruiting process, but campus visits and home visits begin in January and if Sumner does not have invitations for visits, then I would say SDSU has a signed letter of intent from Mr. Sumner.

Comment

I heard the Sumner would have been a lock to come if Hanigan from Aberdeen would come here as a WR. We know that is not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X