Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    NO.... though MAYBE I could see a transfer or 2 from USC going to the FCS level.... Don't know if SDSU has any connections to USC, one of their QB's went to I think Richmond.....

I think transfers are more likely to happen, you also have to remember that USC needs to fill a coaching vacancy now (Oregon States coach?) and when coaches leave you see a lot of transfers....
    Yes, Matt Barkley's backup, Aaron Corp, had said he was going to transfer earlier in the week, before the Carroll to Seahawks announcement, to Richmond. Corp started in either 2 or 3 games this year. The rich get richer for the Spiders...pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      Yes, Matt Barkley's backup, Aaron Corp, had said he was going to transfer earlier in the week, before the Carroll to Seahawks announcement, to Richmond. Corp started in either 2 or 3 games this year. The rich get richer for the Spiders...pun intended.
      Yeah, the one thing I thought SDSU going D-I FCS would do is bring in a FBS transfer every now and then..... You would think that there would be 1 or 2 a year with Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota all in the area.....

Comment

Yeah, the one thing I thought SDSU going D-I FCS would do is bring in a FBS transfer every now and then..... You would think that there would be 1 or 2 a year with Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota all in the area.....
        I dont think Stig has been big on transfers and unless they are out their asking to come to SDSU, the staff has not went after them. I don't think Stig wants to waste recruiting dollars chasing potential transfers. Also with transfers there are reasons for transfer that the next school has to deal with. Its better to start with some green freshman who wants to be at SDSU.

Grand Valley State the D2 power has thrived on D1 transfers and even when Brian Kelly was at GVSU, they went 0-2 against SDSU with a truck load of transfers that could not stop Josh Ranek. GVSU is in the right place for getting these transfers, so it does work for GVSU, but not many others. If our success continues, then perhaps some from ISU, Iowa, and Minnesota will consider us for transfering but it depends on a number of things.

From my observations D1 transfers seem to improve chances for D2 teams making the elite 8 in Basketball, but never a guarentee that they lift the program. Winona seems to be an exception, but I am guilty of drift so will shut this post down.

Comment

I think we might see more (by more I mean 1 every 2 years or so) if we continue playing at the level we did last year. FBS transfers seem to go to Montana, Richmond, App State, etc. Teams with National Championships or upper tier FCS programs. We're very close to that level, but not there yet.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A nice article about 2010 verbal Trevor Gregor.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/40346/

And another good article about 2010 verbal TE Nick Lee

http://www.faribaultcountyregister.c....html?nav=5002

The article stated that Lee had offers from Augustana and UM-Duluth.

Comment

Mods - Any chance you could merge this thread with the 2010 Football Recruiting List? Tons of crossover on the two threads.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Mods - Any chance you could merge this thread with the 2010 Football Recruiting List? Tons of crossover on the two threads.
                I agree. Not to be picky, but the "capital one bowl" sticky thread could probably be un-stuck now also...

Is anyone keeping a running list of the commitments we currently have? I haven't seen one around like we've had in past years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                  I agree. Not to be picky, but the "capital one bowl" sticky thread could probably be un-stuck now also...

Is anyone keeping a running list of the commitments we currently have? I haven't seen one around like we've had in past years.
                  There is a running total of them all on the other thread. It is the 1st page of the recruiting list thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                    There is a running total of them all on the other thread. It is the 1st page of the recruiting list thread.

Terry V has a good running list as well

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      Terry V has a good running list as well

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Read down in the comments section. LakesBison, banned on most forums, is arguing that NDSU's class is better than SDSU's even though he has NEVER SEEN a vast majority, if not all, of the players on both lists.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Read down in the comments section. LakesBison, banned on most forums, is arguing that NDSU's class is better than SDSU's even though he has NEVER SEEN a vast majority, if not all, of the players on both lists.
                        One of my fondest wishes is that people would stop giving that disturbed person the attention he so manifestly craves and feeds off of . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          One of my fondest wishes is that people would stop giving that disturbed person the attention he so manifestly craves and feeds off of . . .
                          I know that there is censoring software for profanity, couldn't a person just add that username to that list? After all, it does invoke many profane words. Being in communications I hate censorship on the basis of what is implied or assumed. But in this case perhaps I will let it slide.

Back to recruiting, every time that Terry or someone on here mention a new recruit my excitement for the upcoming year increases by about 10%. If we get too many more good recruits my head my explode. That being said, I think that attendance at spring and fall ball this year could be very large from a fan's standpoint.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Sometimes very cold weather has a tendency to invade brain cells.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I know that there is censoring software for profanity, couldn't a person just add that username to that list? After all, it does invoke many profane words. Being in communications I hate censorship on the basis of what is implied or assumed. But in this case perhaps I will let it slide.

Back to recruiting, every time that Terry or someone on here mention a new recruit my excitement for the upcoming year increases by about 10%. If we get too many more good recruits my head my explode. That being said, I think that attendance at spring and fall ball this year could be very large from a fan's standpoint.
                              I completely agree that attendance and interest for SDSU Football will keep growing. No matter how you want to look at what happened in Minnesota and in Montana, the saying "any publicity is good publicity" applies.
                              People are excited and interested in Jackrabbit football and the program will continue to be on the rise. The fact that we had success last season will carry on to next years recruits as well since the coaching staff will be getting in touch with players this spring and summer.

Not to mention, that talk of a stadium upgrades that will be presented within the next month will only add the good hype that the program will receive. The past decade was a good start to turn the program around from mediocre to a program on the rise. I think we are about to witness the golden age of SDSU football within the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                I completely agree that attendance and interest for SDSU Football will keep growing. No matter how you want to look at what happened in Minnesota and in Montana, the saying "any publicity is good publicity" applies.
                                People are excited and interested in Jackrabbit football and the program will continue to be on the rise. The fact that we had success last season will carry on to next years recruits as well since the coaching staff will be getting in touch with players this spring and summer.
                                would still be nice to add a defensive back to the list

Comment

Working...
                                X