2010 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruting Class

Yes, I believe his career was really hindered by the blood clots. IIRC, he may have had one go to his lungs. Having had a that happen myself, it aint fun.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The biggest thing about him was he was a pusher....didn't snap his hips...and strike someone....IMO
      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Looks like the Jacks made a good impression on Wisconsin's Spencer Jacque.

""Schools showing the most interest at this time include Wisconsin, Washington State, South Dakota State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Southern Utah, Michigan Tech and St. Cloud State.

“I just got back from the North Dakota State University camp,” Jacque told WisFootball.net. “It went pretty good. I went to the area early and took unofficial visits to South Dakota State, North Dakota and North Dakota State. Then went to camp at NDSU.”

Of his three unofficial visits, perhaps the most personal was the one at South Dakota State.

“Coach Shannon Moore at SDSU showed me around the campus and then we sat down and talked for a long time,” Jacque explained. “I'm considering going to the one-day camp at SDSU.”

One of the state's most prolific tacklers, Jacque totaled 182 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, seven forced fumbles, two sacks and two interceptions in route to earning Sheboygan Press first-team all-area and first-team all-conference honors as a junior.

Jacque also received honorable-mention all-conference praise as a sophomore after registering 101 total tackles.

Jacque reported a 4.62-second 40-yard dash and 4.23-second pro agility. ""

182 tackles in one season is a hell of a lot! Look's like the next Jimmy Rogers.

There's a video with the link
        http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1037950

Comment

After watching the highlights, this young man Jaque would be a good fit for SDSU. He plays hard and makes things happen on defense. Thats the kind we need.

Comment

Pretty amazing the top rated Basketball player in the country in 2010 hails from Ames Iowa and the top football player from St Paul MN. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/hyb7OUP...10-top-100.htm

Comment

While Ames is a surprise for basketball, the Minneapolis area has put out a number of top fb prospects over the years....with the bulk of them being qb's...I even think there was a guy named Mauer....I think he chose baseball over football...never heard how that turned out.....lol
              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Jared Hannigan of Aberdeen Central is going to Northern to play basketball. The story in the Aberdeen American News today says he was also recruited by Augie for basketball, and SDSU and NDSU for football.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                  Jared Hannigan of Aberdeen Central is going to Northern to play basketball. The story in the Aberdeen American News today says he was also recruited by Augie for basketball, and SDSU and NDSU for football.
                  Must love BB...IMO he's borderline FBS...for sure FCS
                  Muhammad Ali

Comment

2009 Pigskin Preview cover and some guys the Jacks may have some interest in:

http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/

Comment

ESPN has SDSU showing interest in QB Bronson Marsh from Omaha's Millard South High School.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...choolId%3d2571

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprosp...=74355&sport=1
                      Last edited by mitchell; 07-26-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Seems like a lot of schools are after Washington's Trevor Gebhart

http://www.minnesota.rivals.com/view...?pr_key=102381

Hopefully the Jacks will offer soon. Does anybody know if Trevor is related to the Gebhart twins that ran track for state?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          Seems like a lot of schools are after Washington's Trevor Gebhart

http://www.minnesota.rivals.com/view...?pr_key=102381

Hopefully the Jacks will offer soon. Does anybody know if Trevor is related to the Gebhart twins that ran track for state?
                          His dad is Everett. So his dad was one of the twins.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            His dad is Everett. So his dad was one of the twins.
                            That's pretty cool than. Everett was my middle school science teacher and was an assistant football coach when I was in high school 10 years ago and Trevor was our ball boy back than and would come to practices. He was probably only 10 or so at the time. Man, I all of a sudden feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              That's pretty cool than. Everett was my middle school science teacher and was an assistant football coach when I was in high school 10 years ago and Trevor was our ball boy back than and would come to practices. He was probably only 10 or so at the time. Man, I all of a sudden feel old.
                              If you were in middle school when Everett was your teacher, how old do you think that makes me fee since I went to school with him.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Does SDSU or Stig have some sort of a policy that they will not offer until the season starts? I've noticed that none of the interested parties have an offer from us and I know of 2 guys who SDSU has looked at and both said that when they talked to the coaches they said that they wouldn't offer until the season started.... I was wondering if that was a policy or if that was just a polite way of saying your not good enough for us...

Comment

Working...
                                X