No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts: Mason will stay at QB unless it is obvious he won’t get playing time. I think Rudy will stay 4 years and if he hasn’t gotten any chance to play he might look at a Minnesota D2 for his final year. I think Mark will be here as long as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

Heide accepts his role
      Vos is current backup, doubt he leaves this year
      Convert Mason to TE
      RS Brown, starts when soph
      Mason is listed as 225. He isn't big enough to be a TE. I doubt we keep Mark around after last year. If Chase wants to play QB, he will have a shot at competing for that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        My thoughts: Mason will stay at QB unless it is obvious he won’t get playing time. I think Rudy will stay 4 years and if he hasn’t gotten any chance to play he might look at a Minnesota D2 for his final year. I think Mark will be here as long as he can.

Interesting! curious to know why you think he stays past graduating, unless you think his nfl prospects are minimal. just your gut? total speculation? or you have some reason? i would be happy if you are right. love the kid and hope they find a way for him to play for 10 years and then start his jacks coaching career)))))

I would think he gets nfl talk next year. slightly surprised we didnt hear any during the playoffs this year.

If for some reason he is seen as nothing more than an nfl longshot then i could see you being correct. if you love playing football and you are not going nfl it might be tough to have a more satisfying football experience than what he should be expected to have for the remainder of his time in brookings

does someone have any connection to Riggs or feel like they are a draft / nfl expert? i dont know WHY he would not get nfl attention. He has to be seen as a better QB than Oladokun? no? if people value your team winning, he is sure better. I also dont really see why he would not be graded at least equally to Easton Stick, but i wont be extremely surprised if someone can give a reason the nfl would value Stick more. seems to me that Mark is a better passer and Stick a better runner.

Mark seems to have all the arm necessary for making the throws to the sidelines. that said, it seems to me he passes most effectively, when he is throwing in the middle of the field. i am sure scouts have stats on throws to all the parts of the field- short, intermediate, and deep, left, right, and middle, and maybe stats show i am wrong about that, but i remember him making more good and big throws near and inside of the hashes

not saying he doesnt make any throws to the outside. the TD to Jaxon in the corner of the endzone in the final might be one of the best throws of his career. he also hit Tucker on the outside to start the game. i could see the book being that he does not have any single skill that blows you away, but there is nothing he cant do or any below average skill and he does everything his team needs him to do to WIN

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Mason is listed as 225. He isn't big enough to be a TE. I doubt we keep Mark around after last year. If Chase wants to play QB, he will have a shot at competing for that spot.
          not positive 225 is currently accurate. but he can definitely add and carry the weight needed to play TE comfortably, "IF" they decide that is best and he is ok with the move.

they are definitely capable of putting the weight on him. Cole Langer played HS RB at about 220. he started as a true freshman DT at about 260
          Paul Keizer came in as a DE about 225-230 and played OL at at least 280

if he switches from QB i would guess he will have plenty of input about what spot he moves to and the training staff will help him get his body ready. if i am remembering correctly and the knee is good, he is probably already one of the faster kids on the team, so the thought of him as a big WR is also not without merit, but he could be very good at other positions also

i would not be surprised if he stays at QB, if they come up with some packages to get him on the field

Comment

"Mason is listed as 225. He isn't big enough to be a TE. I doubt we keep Mark around after last year. If Chase wants to play QB, he will have a shot at competing "

225 pus Mason at the same size as most of our tightends except for our. 2 main guys. I assume he already weighs more than. 225, and I bet he can easily get to 250.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The Jacks were fortunate to get through the whole season with Gronowsky playing QB. The top backup, Voss, missed several games with injury. Mason, who also got injured, came to SDSU to play QB. Leave him there, and let him compete. I've seen no firm indication that Heide is coming back for his extra year. But with Jon Bell also on the roster and Brown on the way, the Jacks appear to have good depth at QB -- for now.. Injuries and life issues could change that situation quickly, however. It seems that a team needs at least five QBs -- preferably one in each class -- to ride out injuries, practice effectively and efficiently, and get through a season successfully.
              This space for lease.

Comment

I can promise you Chase Mason wants to play QB. Unless it’s obvious he is way behind Mark, and maybe even behind/tight with Voss, he will stay at QB. He’s hasn’t gotten a full camp to compete yet, but also athleticism translates easier at many other positions so never count out a switch… wonder if he will be back for spring ball? That could tel him/us a lot.

Comment

Heide did not participate in Senior Day. He sure aught to be coming back, unless a potential move down is in the works after spring ball... but that would flat out shock me.

I don't think we can rule-out later transfers of even major contributors. We can't always count on players pulling a Kraft and turning down potential big NIL $$$. If there isn't a near-guarantee of being an NFL draft pick, a couple hundred thousand dollars in NIL money is a life-changing thing. However, not losing any major contributors prior to the championship game says a lot about the team culture.

NCAA changing 2nd-time transfer rules should help calm down the transfer portal craze, as well as extra-covid years running their course.

Comment

Rumor has it that Isiah Davis has been offered $12K a month to go to Nebraska. I hope he comes back to lead our high powered offense next year and then goes to the NFL. With our O line all coming back and him healing up the shoulder, he could have a huge year and up his draft status. Having Amar around will keep him fresh and also increase his shelf life for his NFL career.

Comment

Originally posted by NCJack View Post
                      Rumor has it that Isiah Davis has been offered $12K a month to go to Nebraska. I hope he comes back to lead our high powered offense next year and then goes to the NFL. With our O line all coming back and him healing up the shoulder, he could have a huge year and up his draft status. Having Amar around will keep him fresh and also increase his shelf life for his NFL career.
                      well i guess we will see what happens. either way the jacks are going to be fine.

i do hope if he does transfer that he waits for an offer from a team that is actually worth a crap. even if you put davis on the huskers, the jacks are the better team. you gotta think if he can get 150k a year from the huskers he can get it from a good team too. i would like to think that players still care about winning, not to mention everything else he has in brookings, and that you would not willingly transfer from the overwhelming favorite to be repeat champs to a school where you are gonna lose most to all of the games that matter

Comment

Originally posted by NCJack View Post
                        At what point does SDSU step up and match something like this? We understandably can't pay millions of dollars to keep players, but I feel like if it was only about money there would be some large donors pooling their money to match 12k per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

At what point does SDSU step up and match something like this? We understandably can't pay millions of dollars to keep players, but I feel like if it was only about money there would be some large donors pooling their money to match 12k per month.
                          Might open the flood gates though, right? Could probably fund money for Davis but what about McCormick, Gronowski, etc. It just seems like this has the potential to create animosity. Large rabbit hole we could potentially be going into.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Might open the flood gates though, right? Could probably fund money for Davis but what about McCormick, Gronowski, etc. It just seems like this has the potential to create animosity. Large rabbit hole we could potentially be going into.
                            I was thinking the same thing as I was writing the response. I guess I don't have a great answer. I was more thinking from a basketball standpoint where I heard the coaches wished they had some time to pull some money together to keep Baylor, but it happened so fast they didn't have time to react. Comparing a 12 man roster to a 100 man roster is completely different though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

This more a donor challenge than a school challenge. I don't know that SDSU or any other FCS school in the region has enough billionaire supporters to fund a big-time NIL program on an ongoing basis.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Isaiah puts in one more good year with the Jacks and he can easily get more than that 12K next year. Nebraska? If I was a player I'd rather masturbate with 50 grit sandpaper than go to that program. There's way better offers coming than that.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X