Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transfer Portal

    With a huge SR class, and some additional departures in the transfer portal, it makes me wonder if the Jacks are going to be active in the Transfer Portal in this year. It seems as if we intentionally had a smaller recruiting class this year to leave room for incoming transfers. Either way, we have some huge holes to fill. We have great depth at many positions, but thin in others. Thoughts?

  • #2
    I feel mostly concerned with Oline and secondary. With out knowing 100% whose gone and whose coming back. I always feel that about those groups since they have so many players on the field its nice to have depth there.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by goon View Post
      I feel mostly concerned with Oline and secondary. With out knowing 100% whose gone and whose coming back. I always feel that about those groups since they have so many players on the field its nice to have depth there.
      I'm concerned about o-line forsure. The left solid should be fine... Greenfield and McCormick. Right guard should be Gus Miller and right tackle is Bo Donald's to lose. His injury history concerns me though. If Donald is healthy, this is still a very good group.

      I'm VERY concerned about the center position. Evan Beerntsen and Adam White, the two leading candidates to take the job, have ZERO meaningful snaps at the position. Neither was a center in high school. Beerntsen was hurt during summer training and missed all of fall.

      In the secondary, I hope the coaches don't just give the jobs to Lofton and Gales. They need to earn it. Gales can be very good (start of the season) but he can also be awful (last 3rd of the season). Malik is who he is at this point and I don't think that he is a starting caliber corner in the MVFC. Beanum and Arrell (or the freshmen) need to be given a true opportunity to win the job. Why Beanum didn't play at CB against Montana State is beyond me. The safety position could be very good. Reeder had his moments where he looked very good but was also out of position at times. Norblade could be an All-American but just can't stay healthy. They are going to go get pushed by Huether, Crockett, and Durrance. Sounds like Bergy is a finalist for multiple D2 head coaching positions and will likely be gone. I hope the new safeties coach relies on less of a rotation than Bergy utilized.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

      Comment


      • #4
        P Ben Dinkel has entered the Portal.

        Comment


        • #5
          It appears that Cade Rice has entered the portal after being a redshirt with 4 years of eligibility remaining.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FrontRowObserver View Post
            It appears that Cade Rice has entered the portal after being a redshirt with 4 years of eligibility remaining.
            Did this not happen about a month ago? Or am I thinking of someone else?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

              Did this not happen about a month ago? Or am I thinking of someone else?
              He did announce before the end of the season, around the time that Chase Mason committed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                P Ben Dinkel has entered the Portal.
                Looks like he's now a Blue Hen

                Comment


                • #9
                  https://twitter.com/kodycase3/status...DrGwwLf2CZnMaw

                  Big loss for the Yotes. Difference maker when healthy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    https://twitter.com/kodycase3/status...DrGwwLf2CZnMaw

                    Big loss for the Yotes. Difference maker when healthy.
                    Wonder if UNI would be potential landing spot?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://twitter.com/matt_barnett_24/...YT8wzuEt7UgxdA

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        J’Bore Gibbs to Idaho….


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          J’Bore Gibbs to Idaho….


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Hopefully he can stay healthy and play at the level that he did pre-injuries.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

                            Hopefully he can stay healthy and play at the level that he did pre-injuries.
                            Sounds like they might have a relatively crowded QB room. Wonder if Eck will try to use him similarly to how Voss was used here.

                            Regardless, I agree that I hope Gibbs has maximum opportunities there

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Would really like to see Gibbs do well. He deserves a good season and a chance to make some better memories than what he had here. Just very unfortunate and unlucky timing for his injuries.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X