Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCJack View Post
    Rumor has it that Isiah Davis has been offered $12K a month to go to Nebraska. I hope he comes back to lead our high powered offense next year and then goes to the NFL. With our O line all coming back and him healing up the shoulder, he could have a huge year and up his draft status. Having Amar around will keep him fresh and also increase his shelf life for his NFL career.
    Obviously, coaches blow a lot of smoke and never want to show their cards, but there's this: Why Nebraska RB coach Barthel 'wasn't interested' in the transfer portal
    EJ Barthel likes what the Huskers have at running back — so much so that he wasn't all that interested in scoping out the portal for reinforcements.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Our RBs are really fantastic on roster. Same breath.... there's piles of RB's out there looking for homes.. and loads of uncertainty. Ifanse for example.. does he have spot yet? How about the guy we had spring season.... Meachum. Had 2000 career yards at Sacred Heart... returned kicks for us. Money talks but a quality environment does also. Not all NIL end up rosy.... and those situations will affect decisions. Coach Crenshaw has this figured out.

Wrong thread - but I thought we managed the portal magnificently last year. Really 3 arrivals (O'Brien, Freeman and Williams). From this fan's seat - all appeared to be solid fits to the squad. Mo St brought an army in.. not so successful. Did I read Campbell is bringing in like 15 FBS transfers....plus Feldkamp... that's a bunch.

Comment

Great points, certainly no one can argue with how we worked the portal with those three! Wow
        I think Davis is lightyears better than Ifanse and likely 99% of the others in the portal though. Certainly, he's the type of back that fits very well in our offensive scheme.

Comment

Prolly we should stop the "rumor" patrol on this forum, we are usually pretty good about it. Unless we see it on a Twitter confirmation from a player, Coach, newscaster or press release. It's not helpful and not really fair to the players
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Isaiah puts in one more good year with the Jacks and he can easily get more than that 12K next year. Nebraska? If I was a player I'd rather masturbate with 50 grit sandpaper than go to that program. There's way better offers coming than that.
            Pinocchio uses sandpaper!!
            But jokes aside, I just cannot wrap my mind around this NIL. I know it’s been talked about maybe too much already but seems absurd to me to have bidding wars…potentially…whereby FBS steals FCS players. Shouldn’t this be reserved for the NFL!!?? I could see the basic end to FCS and it’s Division ll or FBS. Is that where it’s going?? I don’t have near the insight on the problems or crazy consequences of all this!!! But for now, it appears to me, that’s what it’s going to be! I think there needs to be NCAA guidelines…no one moves to another team until the ‘home’ team can make a counter offer….here again, there’s that bidding war there but perhaps it would allow the ‘home’ team to negotiate more…and ‘talk sense’ into the player. We’ve already seen that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence…Creighton!!!!

Comment

Prolly we should stop the "rumor" patrol on this forum, we are usually pretty good about it. Unless we see it on a Twitter confirmation from a player, Coach, newscaster or press release. It's not helpful and not really fair to the players
              I second that motion. Unsubstantiated rumors about players should stop. Read the board guidelines.

Discussion on topics like NIL, the transfer rules etc are fine. I suspect that at some point the NCAA will modify the rules but Pandora’s box may not get shut.

Comment

Isaiah puts in one more good year with the Jacks and he can easily get more than that 12K next year. Nebraska? If I was a player I'd rather masturbate with 50 grit sandpaper than go to that program. There's way better offers coming than that.
                If anyone's opting to do that, at least use Cold-Hearted Jinx as lube. The anise could soothe the irritation

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

At what point does SDSU step up and match something like this? We understandably can't pay millions of dollars to keep players, but I feel like if it was only about money there would be some large donors pooling their money to match 12k per month.
                  That would make him higher paid than any assistant coach. It would take a very specific donor to do that, and honestly if it was there we’d have the biggest budget in the Valley but we middle of the pack, so there are many program needs. Not sure playing a player 12k a month is the highest need.

I also think it’s a risky move for Davis to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SDSU will not sustain by trying to buy and keep players. We will sustain by continuing to invest in facilities, keeping our coaching staff and development capabilities, and keeping our passionate fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      SDSU will not sustain by trying to buy and keep players. We will sustain by continuing to invest in facilities, keeping our coaching staff and development capabilities, and keeping our passionate fan base.
                      Agree - I think trying to stay competitive with COA likely burns most of the extra $ that are available.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Agree - I think trying to stay competitive with COA likely burns most of the extra $ that are available.
                        Another reason I'm baffled folks think FBS move would be feasible at this juncture.

Comment

Reportedly a couple more Bison DBs (Eubanks & Jones) taking their buffalo jumps into the portal.

Comment

If I understand it right, the transfer portal closed last night and won't open up again until May. It's pretty remarkable how few Jackrabbits bailed (one that played?) when you look around the rest of both FCS and FBS. We might still lose some in the spring but it seems more likely that starter-quality players that wanted to go might have gone by now.

Comment

IMO, spring transfers are more likely kids who are buried on the depth chart. Most kids looking to make a “jump” would have transferred in this period. So good signs for the Jacks.

Comment

After watching what is happening at NDSU with lots of guys leaving via the portal, the FCS is starting to feel like a minor league for the bigger schools. Having said that, how long until an FCS school goes full JUCO frame of mind. You align yourself with a few big schools. You sell your alignment during the recruiting process. For every player that you funnel to that school, they have their boosters make an NIL donation. You lose your best players every year (probably going to lose them anyway) but you are now able to recruit the best for the next few years with the money from the big boys. The big boys could also send some of their fringe players to the FCS school to develop and eventually poach.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X