Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    After watching what is happening at NDSU with lots of guys leaving via the portal, the FCS is starting to feel like a minor league for the bigger schools. Having said that, how long until an FCS school goes full JUCO frame of mind. You align yourself with a few big schools. You sell your alignment during the recruiting process. For every player that you funnel to that school, they have their boosters make an NIL donation. You lose your best players every year (probably going to lose them anyway) but you are now able to recruit the best for the next few years with the money from the big boys. The big boys could also send some of their fringe players to the FCS school to develop and eventually poach.
    I can't imagine other teams in the conferences not objecting to and/or filing grievances regarding that.

Some of this activity may die down after the "Covid cohorts" graduate and rosters have more traditional compositions. What I'd be curious about is whether we see increased FBS to FCS transfers after those same cohorts graduate (e.g., 2024-2025) when "fringe" players who might've been promised spots move down the depth charts if/when touted incoming freshmen compete for the same roster spots.

I'm also not buying what some in ND are trying to sell re. an FBS move solving everything. Then, they'll have increased scholarship, and potentially travel, costs with the same geographic constraints.

Comment

This speculation of being a minor league for the big programs, who send players down to develop sounds a lot like Premiere League Soccer. (just saying)

Comment

WR Daxon Lindholm transferring
        https://twitter.com/daxxx_lindholm/s...fGLqesVLpXtmrg
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          So the first transfer portal was open from Dec 5 - Jan 18, with a second window from April 15-30. I know it doesn't much matter... but this tweet just signifies his intent to enter the portal (a web-based tool available to football programs), and no official signings elsewhere can occur until April? Or am I really unaware of how this whole process works out?

Looks like Lindholm redshirted in 2021, and played in 2022, though I couldn't find any recordable stats for him.

Comment

I am amazed at how anxious I get when I see there is a new post in this thread.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

So the first transfer portal was open from Dec 5 - Jan 18, with a second window from April 15-30. I know it doesn't much matter... but this tweet just signifies his intent to enter the portal (a web-based tool available to football programs), and no official signings elsewhere can occur until April? Or am I really unaware of how this whole process works out?

Looks like Lindholm redshirted in 2021, and played in 2022, though I couldn't find any recordable stats for him.
              I believe that when there is a coaching change you can enter outside of the windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Canyon Bauer is entering the portal with two years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Seemed like a good teammate who played hard.

Sorry to see him go, but that's likely one consequence of Jankes' return.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Either that or somebody younger moving up and earning playing time.

Comment

Another up and coming riser soon to follow Canyon. 6 year guys not closing the yearbook making it interesting.

Comment

Interesting comments from Coach Rogers at the end of this Midco clip about competition for starting spots. http://www.twitter.com/MidcoSports/s...96682537811971

Comment

Originally posted by WTFJACK View Post

Another up and coming riser soon to follow Canyon. 6 year guys not closing the yearbook making it interesting.
                          I TOTALLY agree that Canyon has been a good teammate and jackrabbit!! and i have said here many times that Coach Stig believed EVERY kid on the roster was / is valuable and contributes to team success!! so i have no intention to talk out both sides of my mouth

but if SOME are mildly implying that we should be sad because we have experienced players choosing to stay?? well.....
                          using the Jankes as an example either one of them accomplished more on the field in their first year than the rest of the WR room has combined for in their careers i absolutely hate to see potential future on field contributors or more leave, but in a scenario where it is theoretically keep guys who have already contributed to one championship and probably 2 or 3 runs to the semifinals or more OR keeping someone who has not done anything on the field YET, i am happy to take our chances with the guys who have already gotten the job done

if someone takes this to mean that i am happy to have young guys go they are not listening very well. i prefer to lose nobody, but if it has to be one or the other

also, i cannot think of any position where if somebody forced their way into the picture they would not have an opportunity to get on the field!!! SO that makes me think if somebody is leaving they already see that they are NOT able to take ANY time away from people in front of them and in some cases they might not want to do what it takes to prove that they should

did Kaden Johnson just say well Jake and Dallas are gonna get every ball. i dont have any opportunities here so i think i will leave?? NO he forced his way into the plan and made an impact

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Bauer announced offers from Augie and Sioux Falls on Twitter today.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I TOTALLY agree that Canyon has been a good teammate and jackrabbit!! and i have said here many times that Coach Stig believed EVERY kid on the roster was / is valuable and contributes to team success!! so i have no intention to talk out both sides of my mouth

but if SOME are mildly implying that we should be sad because we have experienced players choosing to stay?? well.....
                              using the Jankes as an example either one of them accomplished more on the field in their first year than the rest of the WR room has combined for in their careers i absolutely hate to see potential future on field contributors or more leave, but in a scenario where it is theoretically keep guys who have already contributed to one championship and probably 2 or 3 runs to the semifinals or more OR keeping someone who has not done anything on the field YET, i am happy to take our chances with the guys who have already gotten the job done

if someone takes this to mean that i am happy to have young guys go they are not listening very well. i prefer to lose nobody, but if it has to be one or the other

also, i cannot think of any position where if somebody forced their way into the picture they would not have an opportunity to get on the field!!! SO that makes me think if somebody is leaving they already see that they are NOT able to take ANY time away from people in front of them and in some cases they might not want to do what it takes to prove that they should

did Kaden Johnson just say well Jake and Dallas are gonna get every ball. i dont have any opportunities here so i think i will leave?? NO he forced his way into the plan and made an impact
                              I hope nobody thought I was criticizing the Jankes for returning. I'm grateful we'll have another season with them.

It's also exciting to see the Jacks getting recruits like Prejean from areas Jacks haven't normally

Comment

I hope nobody thought I was criticizing the Jankes for returning. I'm grateful we'll have another season with them.

It's also exciting to see the Jacks getting recruits like Prejean from areas Jacks haven't normally
                                NO i did not mean that you were criticiizing
                                but the conversation has been posed as a slightly "one or the other," situation. OR i should say it has felt a bit that way to me (and it is pretty factual that my perspective is less than 100% accurate). and i do understand the not wanting to lose someone with potential!! i VERY MUCH get it

i just think this is a case where it is pretty EASY to see that, that particular coin does have another side and that seems the side to probably focus on

also, to be clear, i was only using the Jankes as an example. obviously we have covid guys staying at positions all over the field

Comment

Working...
                                X