Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Seems Skattebo may indeed be gone at Sac State.
    Skattebo went with Arizona State. Another great BSC back just entered the portal - Ifanse from Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Skattebo went with Arizona State. Another great BSC back just entered the portal - Ifanse from Montana State.
      Wow, that one's a surprise. Makes me even more grateful for Davis and Strong before him (during the "Portal Era")

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Wow, that one's a surprise. Makes me even more grateful for Davis and Strong before him (during the "Portal Era")
        Seems like those who question coach stig and his staff could give a bit of recognition to this situation

have we lost some kids to the portal? yes. might we lose some more still this year? yes

HOW MANY players have we ever had transfer who were making an impact on the field on game day? NONE??? am i forgetting someone? (we had a stretch of losing QBs who did not win the starting job, but who would have been very valuable backups, but i dont think any of them had ever had much on field significant minutes) Gibbs obviously left last year. does anyone think there are any hard feelings there? all but guaranteed there are NONE
        i cannot think of any other players

BTW, coach Stig would say and does say that EVERY SINGLE player on the roster has a role and makes an impact on the field on game day. OTHER coaches say that kind of stuff too

what is the diffference, Stig actually means those things in his core and he lives them out EVERY DAY
        and stuff like that, i believe, has a very BIG impact on why these kids do not leave. things like that are why a Zach Lujan stayed. even the players who are not getting on the field believe they have a role. they believe they matter and they are important. that starts with Stig and runs through the coaches he chooses.

will we lose someone eventually? in the world we live in today it seems inevitable!! but compare what happens here to what happens basically everywhere else

ndsu for crying out loud, lost players who were getting ACTUAL ON FIELD GAME TIME, players who would be on the field against us on jan 8, had they stayed

why are ndsu and every other school losing critical players and the jacks are not. i am sure you can come up with other reasons, but the biggest reason is easily the head coach, the staff, and the culture and environment they have created

related sidenote for those who thought the program looked bad for the hit in the und game, or the end of the HC game (both inside and outside jacks nation) head coaches who encourage and allow dirty play and players have cultures that are exactly opposed to the culture that makes all these kids STAY at sdsu! some can talk about how some things appear if they absolutely must but anyone who makes attempts to say the culture around sdsu football is anything but excellent and absolutely top notch is NOT talking about facts

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Seems like those who question coach stig and his staff could give a bit of recognition to this situation

have we lost some kids to the portal? yes. might we lose some more still this year? yes

HOW MANY players have we ever had transfer who were making an impact on the field on game day? NONE??? am i forgetting someone? (we had a stretch of losing QBs who did not win the starting job, but who would have been very valuable backups, but i dont think any of them had ever had much on field significant minutes) Gibbs obviously left last year. does anyone think there are any hard feelings there? all but guaranteed there are NONE

BTW, coach Stig would say and does say that EVERY SINGLE player on the roster has a role and makes an impact on the field on game day. OTHER coaches say that kind of stuff too

what is the diffference, Stig actually means those things in his core and he lives them out EVERY DAY
          and stuff like that, i believe, has a very BIG impact on why these kids do not leave. things like that are why a Zach Lujan stayed. even the players who are not getting on the field believe they have a role. they believe they matter and they are important. that starts with Stig and runs through the coaches he chooses.

will we lose someone eventually? in the world we live in today it seems inevitable!! but compare what happens here to what happens basically everywhere else

ndsu for crying out loud, lost players who were getting ACTUAL ON FIELD GAME TIME, players who would be on the field against us on jan 8, had they stayed

why are ndsu and every other school losing critical players and the jacks are not. i am sure you can come up with other reasons, but the biggest reason is easily the head coach, the staff, and the culture and environment they have created

related sidenote for those who thought the program looked bad for the hit in the und game, or the end of the HC game (both inside and outside jacks nation) head coaches who encourage and allow dirty play and players have cultures that are exactly opposed to the culture that makes all these kids STAY at sdsu! some can talk about how some things appear if they absolutely must but anyone who makes attempts to say the culture around sdsu football is anything but excellent and absolutely top notch is NOT talking about facts
          Shak Taylor is one and Karst Hunter is the other one I think of when I think of impactful transfers.

One ended up a Jayhawk and in the NFL and Hunter is killing it at a D-2 in Colorado I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Shak Taylor is one and Karst Hunter is the other one I think of when I think of impactful transfers.

One ended up a Jayhawk and in the NFL and Hunter is killing it at a D-2 in Colorado I believe.
            yep, i figured i was not thinking of someone. Taylor is probably the biggest example, probably by far. Good for Hunter having success at D2, and that is still a valid example, but again i think a case of leaving on very good terms and because his positiion room was loaded, but yes regardless of the reason, those are still examples

Comment

Cade Johnson did hop in the transfer portal but never found a home with all the uncertainty around the COVID season. He then entered the NFL draft.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Cade Johnson did hop in the transfer portal but never found a home with all the uncertainty around the COVID season. He then entered the NFL draft.
                sure and anyone can debate it if they wish, but i am NOT counting that one

he left from necessity not desire! if we would have had a fall season, he would have used all of his college eligibility as a jackrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

You've commented on the "ethical caliber" of athletes, including their team ethos, so I not only agree with what you posted above, but I'd echo your prior posts that the nature of the individuals who are recruited serves to decrease the probability they'd transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

My first thought was if the Jankes talking about the possibility of returning may have contributed to this decision.
                    Sounds like there may be good news coming about the Jankes after Sunday. http://www.twitter.com/CraigHaley/st...60357368877056

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      Headed to Campell.

Comment

My guess is we will lose a few guys with little hope to see the field. I would be shocked be we lost someone that has alot of playing time since we will be the favorite to run it back in 23. Might see more after spring ball than now.
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                          My guess is we will lose a few guys with little hope to see the field. I would be shocked be we lost someone that has alot of playing time since we will be the favorite to run it back in 23. Might see more after spring ball than now.
                          QB seems to me to be the position where we are stacking up a number of players. Heide, Voss and add Mason plus Kaden Brown ,who had great success in the football hotbed of Texas, and whose video looks outstanding. Plus Mark has three more years if he chooses to use them.We have found out in the past that you can't have enough depth at that position, but if people stay healthy there won't be many minutes available.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

QB seems to me to be the position where we are stacking up a number of players. Heide, Voss and add Mason plus Kaden Brown ,who had great success in the football hotbed of Texas, and whose video looks outstanding. Plus Mark has three more years if he chooses to use them.We have found out in the past that you can't have enough depth at that position, but if people stay healthy there won't be many minutes available.
                            Heide accepts his role
                            Vos is current backup, doubt he leaves this year
                            Convert Mason to TE
                            RS Brown, starts when soph
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

Heide accepts his role
                              Vos is current backup, doubt he leaves this year
                              Convert Mason to TE
                              RS Brown, starts when soph
                              converting Mason would be an obvious and great way to fill the T Kraft void and if Wilde is as advertised, give the jacks a great one two punch after the Jankes leave after next year. but everything i hear is that he has every intention of remaining a QB. will be interesting to see what happens

that said, YES Mark does have 3 years remaining. obviously you never know but i fully believe (i know i have said it before) we win the SHSU game if he does not go down. and Considering he has only lost one game to an FCS team in his career, it is NOT a big leap to believe they win it last year too (at the very least, i guarantee they dont lose to usd and therefore do not have to travel all over the country) he could be sitting here as a 3 time champ with the possibility of 2 more

anyway, I imagine he is on track to graduate next year. i think m engineering is still a 4 year program. and considering Chris O was drafted (zero offense to Chris but he is not near the QB / player that Mark is) mark should get plenty of nfl attention next year. therefore, while Mark does have 3 years of football eligibility, i would guess there is a great chance he plays one more

If Mason sticks to his guns and does not change position (or he is willing to wait at least one more year, minus injuries, before seeing the field) my guess is he becomes the number two. It seems Rudy is pretty happy and i would not be surprised if he stays no matter what, ala his current OC, at the same time, if he gets passed on the depth chart, it would not be a big surprise if he decides to move for a chance to get on the field

Brown will obviously redshirt next year. if Mark leaves after next year, he has a good shot to be number 2 as a freshman. If Mark decides to stay beyond next year then we might see more defections from this group

Comment

Heide is also a SR, so not so sure he's coming back anyways
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X