No announcement yet.

2021 Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the status of Jackson Hilton of Brandon? Assuming he plays wide receiver he is 6'4 I believe.

Comment

Stig confirms on the Nate Brown Show that Mark will not play this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Stig confirms on the Nate Brown Show that Mark will not play this fall.

Wonder if he can get a medical reshirt eventually for it. What about gibbs?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Wonder if he can get a medical reshirt eventually for it. What about gibbs?
          Because the spring season didn't count against eligibility and since Gronowski will use next year as a redshirt year he will have 4 years of eligibility left.
          I would assume Gibbs would have a shot at a medical redshirt year since he has already used a redshirt year and his injury has taken away 2 years of playing time (?).

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            What is the status of Jackson Hilton of Brandon? Assuming he plays wide receiver he is 6'4 I believe.
            I think Hilton was recruited as a corner. He did a nice job at receiver when BV threw the ball. He will be interesting to see how he develops.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Last I checked Hilton was a "get adjusted to college first" and then lets see guy (similar to Austin Smenda, Torren Union, Zy Mosley, etc). He was never in the official class announcements. I believe Coby Maeschen and Parker Theobold will be invited to join the team when classes begin in August (this depends on roster numbers).
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Is Amar Johnson back committed to the Jacks?

Comment

Yes.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                    List of uncommitted, FBS QBs in the portal: https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...us=uncommitted
                    I don't see Gage Moloney (who's transferring from JMU) on this list.

Nevermind, looks like he's headed to Bryant anyway.

Comment

Argus Leader article by Zimmer this morning has Heide coming in as the starting quarterback according to Stig. There is not a transfer on the board at this time and incoming freshman Cade Rice is a bit of a long shot with the brief spring season of practice. Heide has the experience in the offense. He is still not the mobile quarterback, but that seems to be less important at this time. It is not that there will not be a transfer QB, but it is not looked at as urgent as Heide improving.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I definitely think that if Heide takes a step forward, we will be in good shape. But that is a big if at the moment. He had some wonderful performances in 2019. And he also had trouble taking care of the ball, both in fumbling and in interceptions. I also thought his running ability on designed runs was pretty good in the fall too, so I don’t necessarily agree with the take that he is just a pocket passer. And to be fair to him, him missing on some throws in the championship game when he hasn’t been able to practice a ton with the 1s is probably more a timing and familiarity issue than a talent issue, which means that should get better over the summer.

My concern is his ability to take care of the ball and his ability to lead the team. That isn’t a knock against him at all, but I think in 2019, our offense felt lost at times, even with Gibbs still at the helm. That really wasn’t the case with Mark, and that made a huge difference this spring.

I also think we need to go out and get two qbs from the portal if possible. Even if Heide starts, we are one play away from being screwed. We need two more healthy guys that can compete and give us options if needed. Personally, I’d like to see us get an FBS or FCS guy, and get a kid from a D2 or Juco that is a proven winner. We need talent at QB, yes, but we also need a field general who can manage a game with the talent around them. If we find a D2 guy in the portal that is a winner, I’m all in on them.

Comment

About that transfer...

https://twitter.com/FCSNationRadio1/...580926469?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

BOOM

Comment

He looks poised and calm, doesn't have to be a superstar. Great signing!
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U--KSAiyvU

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                About that transfer...

https://twitter.com/FCSNationRadio1/...580926469?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                                Very exciting!
                                looks like he had offers to Iowa State and Nebraska back in 2015.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chris-O...imelineEvents/

Ill be interested to learn about his journey to USF and Samford.

Comment

Working...
                                X