2021 Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Fall Season

I can’t wait for the fall. I hope they sell a bunch of season tickets today and we can carry this momentum into next year. I wanted to start some discussion on a couple things.

If Mark and Gibbs are out for the season, would you rather us rock with the guys we have or try to bring somebody in?

As of right now our only departure is Tetzlaff, who takes his spot?

How do you think the fall season will play out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m excited but the QB injury yesterday does change a lot of things with a record short off season. I think we have to absolutely bring someone in. No confirmation but seems it was an ACL tear meaning Gronowski likely wouldn’t be back until 2022. Not sure what the transfer portal looks like for QB’s right now.

Our team grew by leaps and bounds these past few months but it’ll be really interesting to see how we regroup from the disappointment of yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      I can’t wait for the fall. I hope they sell a bunch of season tickets today and we can carry this momentum into next year. I wanted to start some discussion on a couple things.

If Mark and Gibbs are out for the season, would you rather us rock with the guys we have or try to bring somebody in?

As of right now our only departure is Tetzlaff, who takes his spot?

How do you think the fall season will play out?

QB- I see us bringing in a 1 year grad transfer QB. I don't think we can go with Keaton with the returning lineup we have.

Tetz- It'll either be Spalding or Shafer. Spalding played plenty this year. He'll be ready

Fall season- Depends on how many injuries we don't know about it. There is generally lots of "clean-up procedures" that hold kids out of spring ball. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts summer workouts. Luckily this team has the depth that it does.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm sure that the Jacks will look at the QB transfer option, but getting someone who can make an impact isn't a sure thing. Two years ago the Jacks battled NDSU to the end for Zeb Noland when he was transferring from Iowa State, and he turned out to be a non-factor with the Bison.

Comment

How many grad transfers are even out there? You would think most players worth anything have found a home by now. The other thing I forgot to add is the possible impact of that OKIE ST transfer WR Landon Wolf on this team next fall.

Comment

I love Keaton’s heart, but I think we have to try to find a proven transfer is possible. And while I would love to find a guy that can run and pass, I think it is more important that we find a competent passer than a dual threat guy. Our run game is fantastic, even if the Qb isn’t part of it. Needs someone who can spread the ball around when needed and manage the game.

And honestly, we need another option at Qb beyond the transfer too. We cannot roll with what glee have, based on the last few games.

Comment

There are 59 QBs in the transfer protocol this year. With the new transfer rules, you can pull in any transfer as long as they notified their coaches prior to May 1st.

The NCAA's new transfer rules will require players in fall and winter sports to notify their current schools they intend to leave by May 1; spring sport athletes must do so by July 1, starting in 2022.

I wish Matt Masker would have put his name in. This Husker QB will likely never see the field with the highly rated QBs they've recruited. This kid is first class and was a phenomenal prep QB in Nebraska. We recruited him hard before he committed to the Huskers as a walk-on.

Comment

Is Cade Rice still coming to SDSU? I know he will be a true freshman but he was a 3 star recruit so he might not be too bad a an option.
                I would like to have somebody come in that has experience but he can hopefully pick up the system to play if needed.

Comment

Hopefully Cade already has his ticket booked but can bump up the flight to get here tomorrow...lol...kinda.

It’d be nice to see a passer with some mobility but mainly just execute, lead and hit the short to intermediate passes. We have in reality 3 RB that are studs, remember Meachum was a 1400yd guy. If the qb can hit the passes we won’t need them to run, just have pocket awareness. The championship core is there...just need the right guy

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    Hopefully Cade already has his ticket booked but can bump up the flight to get here tomorrow...lol...kinda.

It’d be nice to see a passer with some mobility but mainly just execute, lead and hit the short to intermediate passes. We have in reality 3 RB that are studs, remember Meachum was a 1400yd guy. If the qb can hit the passes we won’t need them to run, just have pocket awareness. The championship core is there...just need the right guy
                    I wouldn't ignore Rudy Voss. Stig was very complementary of how he runs the scout team. He has size and was very athletic in both football and basketball in high school.

Comment

My guess is that cade will be on campus within a few weeks of graduating from high school. he VERY possibly already has play books and a lifting program and other information from the jacks to begin getting comfortable with the rabbits method of doing things.

taryn played a lot as a freshman
                      gibbs started game one as a RS freshman
                      grono started game one as true freshman

my guess is that if cade comes even close to expectations that he will start game one. the program prefers not to put time into guys who will be here one year. obviously the circumstances here are a little different with a core of guys and several seniors who are coming off a loss in championship game. so IF they can find the RIGHT guy to give all the other guys the best chance to take the final step i would guess they would do that!! but if not i am sure they will be comfortable with a true freshman. and if my memory is correct Rice has quite a bit more hype as a recruit than grono did. which obviously counts for absolutely nothing!! someone already gave the example of Z Noland. does not matter how much hype if you do not get it done on the field

Comment

Just saw a tweet that indicates Gronowski just has a bad sprain. Not sure if any validity.

Comment

yeah salem if the Wolf kid is what it seems like he could be, he could help a lot!! i also wonder if some of the other players in grono and davis class will make some impact in the fall. that class and the incoming class are very highly regarded.

at the very least, it would be great and very valuable if some of them could play special teams. we still often have guys on special teams who play a lot with the offense and defense. i am all for that because special teams can make a huge impact on the game and obviously Stig has always believed that!!, BUT coming off a spring season it would be great if we could get more help from the deeper parts of the depth chart

it would be disappointing if some of the more highly regarded LB and DB and other recruits cannot at least play special teams

also have a LOT of highly regarded WR in those two class. will somebody from this group be able to have any impact?? i think the jankes are really good!!! i think they are chronically underrated and underappreciated but we do not get much contribution from ANY other receiver. and while i do think they are very good, they are clearly a notch below a Wienke and Cade J. actually i think that is biggest reason they are underappreciated. we have been very spoiled at that position in the last 5 or 6 years

obviously we have a team that just had an excellent year and we have EVERY player return minus one and now probably our QB. seems obvious that it will be a BIG ask to have somebody take time away from that group. but i hope all the guys who did not start are doing EVERYTHING they can to take a starting job in the fall !!!!! that way the guys in front of them cannot rest on making it to frisco this spring!!! they either continue to get better or they get passed on the depth chart

at the very least it makes us deeper. as jackrabbit fans we should all realize now that there WILL BE injuries((

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Just saw a tweet that indicates Gronowski just has a bad sprain. Not sure if any validity.
                            Would be a major development if true. Avoiding surgery would be a best case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I hope what you saw is right! Jacks are loaded this fall and if Gronowski is healthy I could see 11-0 record with the favorable schedule. Do have to go to USD and Colorado State but have SIU, UNI, NDSU, and UND all at home.

I think Wolf is going to be the instant WR1 and him along with the Janke twins are going to be tough to defend. The offense could be really good in all facets. September 4th will be here before we know it

Comment

Working...
                              X