No announcement yet.

2021 Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, we need a capable transfer regardless of it they end up winning the job over Rice/Hunter/Heide. Even if one of those three proves themselves the best bet to lead our o, we are only one play away again from being a fringe playoff team. We need depth there so that we can weather a season ending injury. We had that with Gibbs before he went down again, but we don’t have it anymore.

Comment

I don’t know if anybody listens to the weekly football update but they just posted another one and it had some interesting tidbits from Stig.

Definitely looking to bring in a QB. Cited competition and just needed 4-5 to run the program.

He seemed very upset that there is already 2 players in the portal trying to leave after being National Runner Ups. Shane Dailey is one, I do not know who the other is.

He also mentioned that they have talked about bringing in a transfer linebacker because of the youth at that position and because even if they don’t earn a starting spot they can impact special teams.

He finished by saying that he and Justin Sell hope this playoff run can galvanize this program and make fans show up Saturday. He hopes people fish, hunt, harvest, etc on Sunday, and make Dana J the place to be in Saturday afternoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        I don’t know if anybody listens to the weekly football update but they just posted another one and it had some interesting tidbits from Stig.

Definitely looking to bring in a QB. Cited competition and just needed 4-5 to run the program.

He seemed very upset that there is already 2 players in the portal trying to leave after being National Runner Ups. Shane Dailey is one, I do not know who the other is.

He also mentioned that they have talked about bringing in a transfer linebacker because of the youth at that position and because even if they don’t earn a starting spot they can impact special teams.

He finished by saying that he and Justin Sell hope this playoff run can galvanize this program and make fans show up Saturday. He hopes people fish, hunt, harvest, etc on Sunday, and make Dana J the place to be in Saturday afternoons.

Seems to me to be rather ironic that Stig is talking about bringing in transfers at QB and LB, and at the same time is upset that current players want to explore other options. Players like Dailey are smart enough to look at the depth chart and see that if they want to be more than a special teams player, that it is likely to have to be in another program. Many programs start conditioning programs right away in June, so if players are going to move, they need to do it now.

Comment

List of uncommitted, FBS QBs in the portal: https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...us=uncommitted

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
            List of uncommitted, FBS QBs in the portal: https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...us=uncommitted
            Only a small % are listed as immediately eligible. Hasn't the rule passed yet that gives everyone a one time immediately eligible transfer ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
              I texted Westside earlier today that I’m old enough to remember circling Christmas presents in the JC Penney’s catalog...this link is just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Only a small % are listed as immediately eligible. Hasn't the rule passed yet that gives everyone a one time immediately eligible transfer ?
                I wonder if those are the ones confirmed immediately eligible, because if you click some of those not classified "Immediate," multiple players have prior decommits/potential prior transfers listed

Comment

I want Tate Martell.

JOKES

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Anybody transferring down from FBS to FCS should have immediate eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Looks like Torren Union is the other player in the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

And Marlon Wiley is also on his way out

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post

So much for getting Dwayne Wade & Gabrielle Union to a game.

Comment

Dailey’s Twitter post announcing his transfer rubbed me the wrong way. Some jumbo about not being able to make a coach happy no matter what or something... bye buddy, best of luck. Might want to look at brining in a WR transfer if they can find a good fit. I think this program has shown that they will only take transfers if they are a great fit with the program values and will not mess up the chemistry too much. Hopefully there is some good fits out there. Have to think that there is a lot of interest.

Comment

Maybe some arent happy about assimlating to the team culture. Or issues with the position coach. If you dont buy into the team your going to miss your chances. Wr group should be pretty wide open. Only the janke twins have secured their spot but a lot of chances for players to make a case for playing time.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I did a double take looking at our roster. We are young at the WR position.

Seniors - None

Juniors - Mason Leighton (Same age as Janke twins, former HS teammate too.)

Sophomores - Jadon and Jaxon Janke

Redshirt Freshmen - Canyon Bauer, Shane Dailey Jr., Marlon Wiley

Freshmen - Nate Sullivan Jr., A.J.Coons, Devon Cole Jr.

If you are not getting playing time and you are in the 2nd year on the roster, it would be easy to question your ability to catch passes in the next couple of years.

This season only four WRs caught passes.
                                Jaxon - 32 rec., Jadon - 21, Canyon - 5, Mason - 3

Comment

Working...
                                X