No announcement yet.

2021 Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Wolf will be considered a senior. Not sure if he has 1 or 2 years left. But I am expecting him to take a lot of snaps in the slot and Jankes will control the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      I did a double take looking at our roster. We are young at the WR position.

Seniors - None

Juniors - Mason Leighton (Same age as Janke twins, former HS teammate too.)

Sophomores - Jadon and Jaxon Janke

Redshirt Freshmen - Canyon Bauer, Shane Dailey Jr., Marlon Wiley

Freshmen - Nate Sullivan Jr., A.J.Coons, Devon Cole Jr.

If you are not getting playing time and you are in the 2nd year on the roster, it would be easy to question your ability to catch passes in the next couple of years.

This season only four WRs caught passes.
      Jaxon - 32 rec., Jadon - 21, Canyon - 5, Mason - 3
      For as much time as Canyon Bauer spent on the field he did not have much impact and had an easy drop against either SIU or Delaware.

Comment

The incoming class has a few WR’s including Tyler Feldkamp from Sioux Falls Roosevelt. His high school numbers are very impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
          The incoming class has a few WR’s including Tyler Feldkamp from Sioux Falls Roosevelt. His high school numbers are very impressive!
          With his athletic ability for sure as long as he can adjust to the plsybook he will probably push for playing time to start.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The tight end group needs to have more touches next year. They were under-utilized this year even though more involved in the playoffs. With the returning line and as well as the tight end group blocks there will be plenty of 8 men in the box on defense. Our play action pass game next year should be close to unstoppable if we have a decent QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
              Feldkamp will be very good but I think the guy to watch for an immediate impact is Stefan Coleman Jr. He has legit speed, something we may have been lacking this past year. However not sure how many WR snaps there will truly be next year will both Jankes and Bauer back PLUS the major addition of Landon Wolf. But overall depth at the position is limited. We'll see how it plays out!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So has anyone got any rumblings about the official diagnosis for Gronowski? Stig said results would come back yesterday or today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Feldkamp will be very good but I think the guy to watch for an immediate impact is Stefan Coleman Jr. He has legit speed, something we may have been lacking this past year. However not sure how many WR snaps there will truly be next year will both Jankes and Bauer back PLUS the major addition of Landon Wolf. But overall depth at the position is limited. We'll see how it plays out!
                  The quality of the last couple of recruiting classes has seemed to have increased. Will the playoff run to Frisco raise the bar even higher, or were we already at a level that will be hard to improve on ?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    HOW is it not a positive?? we made it to the championship game. the coaches and players knew what the risks were going in and they chose to play. unless you are saying the ONLY way it could be positive is if we win it all. then ok by that standard it was not. EVERYTHING in life has risks and requires some price. that is how you make decisions. you consider what you hope to get and what it will or might cost and you decide if you are willing to pay the cost

if you are always focused on the cost and worried about every risk then you can sit on the sideline and watch life and opportunities pass you by. i have to imagine that many of us would be losing our minds at this time if the jacks had said, ummmmm NO THANKS we will sit this one out, and then we watched SIU or UND go to the national semis

YES there is definitely risk of short turn around that could lead to injuries, but that is not a guarantee. as i said before, i hope the price for wanting to play this spring will not be too high but i think it was the correct decision. i think the team and coaches would make the exact same decision again if given the choice

team chemistry has NEVER been and never will be an issue. coach stig and the staff that he hires place far too high of a priority on recruiting kids with great character who want to be PART of a team.
                    Maybe should have clarified on my comment. Playing the Spring 2021 was absolutely a positive and the correct decision in my opinion. I just simply meant on a positive or negative on a short turnaround to the Fall 2021 season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Seems to me to be rather ironic that Stig is talking about bringing in transfers at QB and LB, and at the same time is upset that current players want to explore other options. Players like Dailey are smart enough to look at the depth chart and see that if they want to be more than a special teams player, that it is likely to have to be in another program. Many programs start conditioning programs right away in June, so if players are going to move, they need to do it now.
                      I think he is upset because they entered almost immediately after the game - meaning that those players were "not bought into the team/national championship" and already had their mind made up they were transferring after the season. Probably not making them as invested into the program, team culture, etc., which in turn hurts the overall team atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Do you see Wolf contributing more as a returner, given the depth chart situation you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          HOW is it not a positive?? we made it to the championship game. the coaches and players knew what the risks were going in and they chose to play. unless you are saying the ONLY way it could be positive is if we win it all. then ok by that standard it was not. EVERYTHING in life has risks and requires some price. that is how you make decisions. you consider what you hope to get and what it will or might cost and you decide if you are willing to pay the cost

if you are always focused on the cost and worried about every risk then you can sit on the sideline and watch life and opportunities pass you by. i have to imagine that many of us would be losing our minds at this time if the jacks had said, ummmmm NO THANKS we will sit this one out, and then we watched SIU or UND go to the national semis

YES there is definitely risk of short turn around that could lead to injuries, but that is not a guarantee. as i said before, i hope the price for wanting to play this spring will not be too high but i think it was the correct decision. i think the team and coaches would make the exact same decision again if given the choice

team chemistry has NEVER been and never will be an issue. coach stig and the staff that he hires place far too high of a priority on recruiting kids with great character who want to be PART of a team.
                          This is why I'm curious about how the Fall season plays out. The loss of Gibbs, and likely loss of Gronowski, for the Fall could make it a "negative." The net effect can, of course, be reduced if the Jacks can sign a QB transfer, Heide improves over the next couple months, and/or Gronowski's prognosis isn't as dire as many suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Do you see Wolf contributing more as a returner, given the depth chart situation you mentioned?
                            Wolf will be a starter no question about it. Stig has hinted at that a few times on his radio show.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Wolf will be a starter no question about it. Stig has hinted at that a few times on his radio show.
                              I'd certainly hope so, although I wouldn't expect a coach to say otherwise if/when a prospective (and eventual) FBS transfer considers, and eventually commits to, a team

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The quality of the last couple of recruiting classes has seemed to have increased. Will the playoff run to Frisco raise the bar even higher, or were we already at a level that will be hard to improve on ?
                                This is going to be an interested year recruiting wise. We are likely a bit behind due to the extended run in the playoffs. I know they are looking forward to the prospect camps again this year.

In terms of getting better at WR. Yeah, I think the goal is to always bring in better and better players without sacrificing academics and character. This year they are bringing in Coleman and Feldkamp on scholarship which are two VERY good signings. The walk-ons are also impressive. Angel Johnson, Michael Paulson and Graham Goering can all make plays. Sort of a wildcard is Aydan Dauterman form Wisconsin. He signed as a walk-on cornerback but has continued to grow and is now 6'3- 6'4. This week he was also named 1st Team All-State at WR and Honorable Mention at CB. He's been playing 7 on 7 this spring and some of the highlights of him at WR are darn impressive.

Also, in regards to Wolf. He will start and will be a huge weapon in 2021.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X