Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for a change?

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    My arm chair opinion is to open it up and let Austin throw it down the field or wherever the coaches think he should. Two and a half years is enough time to evaluate a QB. O'Brien is servicable as a backup. He doesn't have what it takes to lead this team. Move on and see what comes of #6. I've seen enough of him growing up to trust he can run the show just fine.
    I don't disagree with that either.

I hope something decisive happens on Saturday. Either something clicks and O'Brien looks like a changed QB or that he makes the same mistakes and it's enough for the coaches to make the switch.

What I don't want to see is a close game where O'Brien is up and down and the coaches are still left in limbo afterwords.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      My arm chair opinion is to open it up and let Austin throw it down the field or wherever the coaches think he should. Two and a half years is enough time to evaluate a QB. O'Brien is servicable as a backup. He doesn't have what it takes to lead this team. Move on and see what comes of #6. I've seen enough of him growing up to trust he can run the show just fine.
      Why though would we think Sumner is servicable as a starter when the coaching staff says he is not?
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        Why though would we think Sumner is servicable as a starter when the coaching staff says he is not?
        maybe cause the coaching staff doesn't know what it is doing? How many chances should the guy have really?? Anybody else makes a mistake and they seem to come out immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          maybe cause the coaching staff doesn't know what it is doing? How many chances should the guy have really?? Anybody else makes a mistake and they seem to come out immediately!
          Sounding like a Vikings fan now. Perhaps an overstatement?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            Sounding like a Vikings fan now. Perhaps an overstatement?
            Perhaps an overstatement but for the record I'd be a Green Bay packer fan- the team that kicked the he$$ out of the Vikings last yr.

Comment

I'd have to say that Stig and Co. have a pretty decent idea of what they are doing based on how well we did during transition and beyond so far.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I'm gonna grab some popcorn...this thread's about to go viral!
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

YES. 3 games, 3 pick 6s. I can only blame TOB for not allowing the coaches to let him do more. Can we pull the coaches also? If this is Eidnesses coaching strengths, maybe we need someone as a passing game cord who knows more then 5 yard outs. un real. what ever happened to the NDSU QB who stunk it up? Does he have any eligiblity left? no way he does worse then TOB.

I would like to think, TOB had a chance to come full circle, but all his mistakes started 3 years ago at Cal Poly, and still continue there now. If stig cares about getting better for the future, they owe it to the team, and fans to make some change.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bisonville got beat to hell by some SDSU posters for a thread exactly like this when Mertens was playing, what goes around comes around guys. Anyway in 2007 NDSU was down 25-0 to a very good UC Davis team and came back in the sceond half to win by 1 point. Its not over yet especially if Stig can find it in his heart to pull the INT machine fore someone else
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

He is not a gamer and will never be. I don't see how we as fans shouLd be expected to support a guy who isn't all in himself. We could win this game with a much less talented QB with half the heart of TOB. He is not the kind of player you need at QB. If there isn't a change we might not win another game this year. Seems harsh and maybe it's too blunt but it's a fact.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        He is not a gamer and will never be. I don't see how we as fans shouLd be expected to support a guy who isn't all in himself. We could win this game with a much less talented QB with half the heart of TOB. He is not the kind of player you need at QB. If there isn't a change we might not win another game this year. Seems harsh and maybe it's too blunt but it's a fact.
                        True dat!
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Are you at the game?

Comment

+10000000, hes got no ****ing guts
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

To clarify, I'm here, anyone other than TOB would have crossed the goal line on the last play. He laid down at the 1 to avoid a hit. You can't do that and then look your guys in the eye and be their leader.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

To clarify, I'm here, anyone other than TOB would have crossed the goal line on the last play. He laid down at the 1 to avoid a hit. You can't do that and then look your guys in the eye and be their leader.
                                Must spread rep...

Comment

Working...
                                X