Time for a change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a change?

Why does it make you sick? I think it's been made pretty clear by the majority of the posters on this thread that they're looking at a larger body of work in regards to the play calling and TOB's performance and not basing it solely on one game against an FBS team in which we were badly overmatched.
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      This thread makes me sick. I'm all for debate, but this is ridiculous.

Reading through this thread, I'm embarrassed to be a Jackrabbit fan.

We lost to Illinois. EVERYONE except the punter played like horse crap.

This thread is complete garbage.
      You may not like it, but tell me this, are you are completely satisfied with TOB and you think he is the right person to lead this team for the next 2 seasons? Based on Stig's comments, we aren't too far off here.

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
        Why does it make you sick? I think it's been made pretty clear by the majority of the posters on this thread that they're looking at a larger body of work in regards to the play calling and TOB's performance and not basing it solely on one game against an FBS team in which we were badly overmatched.
        Well said

Comment

Somebody said it on Saturday's blog when the criticism got pretty bad. I will take passion good or bad from the fans rather than apathy anyday. I realize these are not professional players, but there is a solid fan base now that is going to praise and call people out in a negative fashion when it's warranted. I think it's a good thing that people finally have expectations for this program as it beats the alternative. I don't think Stig would want it any other way.Time for the players, coaches and fans to put their big boy pants on.

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
            I think it's been made pretty clear by the majority of the posters on this thread that they're looking at a larger body of work in regards to the play calling and TOB's performance and not basing it solely on one game against an FBS team in which we were badly overmatched.
            Yet this thread pops up right after a bad game against an FBS team in which we were badly overmatched. A strange coincidence?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This thread makes me sick. I'm all for debate, but this is ridiculous.

Reading through this thread, I'm embarrassed to be a Jackrabbit fan.

We lost to Illinois. EVERYONE except the punter played like horse crap.

This thread is complete garbage.
              I'm much more embarrassed to be a Jackrabbit fan from watching our performance on Saturday than I am by anything said on an internet message board.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I'm much more embarrassed to be a Jackrabbit fan from watching our performance on Saturday than I am by anything said on an internet message board.
                Embarrassed should not be a word used on this board! That's our Jackrabbits you are talking about!

Coach knows the buck stops at his desk! You take your 400K and get ready for next week!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Being a lawyer or law student (I don't know if you graduated yet, if you did congratulations), you are well aware of the many, many lawsuits that have been filed as a result of lopsided football games.

Of course, you are also aware that no lawsuit has ever been filed as a result of something said on the internet.

Obviously, things people say on the internet don't matter.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I agree with this. I walked away in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I couldn't take it anymore. TOB looked bad, but so did everyone else.

I still think TOB deserves the start on Saturday against Cal Poly with a very short leash. Losing his job against a team that was obviously much better isn't warranted. A poster in TV's chat was making comments that I was a TOB fan/follower. Not sure where that came from. My position on TOB is that I've heard nothing but bad things about the back-up QBs on the roster. Many think Sumner is the savior, and he may be someday. According to the coaches, he's NOT ready yet; however, if TOB comes out and struggles Saturday, do they have a choice?

There are many concerns regarding the ENTIRE team right now. QB play is definitely one of them. I too wonder if they're changing play calling because of him, which makes it an even bigger issue. Fact is, it's time to move on to next week. Hopefully the team has already and can come out and get a win Saturday. Being 2-1 would still be a huge start for the team moving into conference play. The season has only just begun.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It might also be that his performance was so-so the first week and fans were giving him the benefit of the doubt. Most feel he should get the start again at cal poly, the problem with his play is it has been a largely inconsistant. He is in his 3rd year leading this team. His freshman year took us to the play offs after the starter got injuried. Last year he took us to the first loosing season as being D-1. We have not progressed as a team with him at QB, and, sadly the QB gets the credit and the blame. There is enough talent on this team we should be playing better then we are and it starts with the QB.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Being a lawyer or law student (I don't know if you graduated yet, if you did congratulations), you are well aware of the many, many lawsuits that have been filed as a result of lopsided football games.Of course, you are also aware that no lawsuit has ever been filed as a result of something said on the internet.Obviously, things people say on the internet don't matter.
                        Because that's what I said isn't it?
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I am making my decision about TOB not on two games this season but on last year as well. He has not scored a touch down in three FBS games. Sure he had some good drives in two of them but at gut check time he couldnt do it. Same with the big games in the FCS games. NDSU two pick sixes thrown. Cal Poly a total nightmare. This in not a new converation on TOB. How many times was it discussed last year. From what I remember last year we had to settle for him because no one else was ready or prepared enough. I can not sit through another season or possibly two with no quarterback that can lead this team. It pains me to see that USD is winning the big games while we couldn't beat an Indiana State team that was improved but still not better than the Jacks. He had last year and two games this year to prove himself. No more, time for a change. No more 5-6 records with him. Hot quarterbacks like Illinois, Michigan, and the rest inspire not only the offense but also make the defense want to kick butt and win. Three and out don't do it.

Comment

Because that's what I said isn't it?
                            Lol that's what I was thinking.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Here's my main problem. Some of the passes he is making should not be thrown. Just because you are running a screen pass, pay attention to the defender. How many pick-6s are we going to see this year? Why is there no threat at all of going downfield (saw one in the SUU game and it was poorly underthrown). He just needs to make better decisions when throwing the ball.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

When Kevin McHale GM'd the Timberwolves he garnered the nickname "The Ostrich" from the guys on KFAN because he put his head in the sand and let things be what they were. Getting better wasn't an option.

Now, getting thumped by Illinios brings out the worst in fans, but there's some fact behind some of the griping. How many games into the season does our coaching staff keep their head in the sand before making some changes all around to make this team competitive. If the best 22 guys aren't on the field giving us a chance to win then the changes need to start off the field.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X