Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for a change?

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    Its get to a point also that younger players may consider leaving the program. No I don't have any info on this but could easily happen!
    This is a very good point. I have no inside information but I do know that Sumner didn't enter college thinking he would sit on the bench until his jr. year, especially when the starter is this poor. I did hear over the summer that he felt he had good chance of being the starter. This can't be making him happy.

Comment

"Steve Schweitzdek holds the unofficial record for the number of interceptions thrown and returned for touchdowns in NCAA history. In 4 years at the collegiate level playing for Brown University and Boston College in the 1960's he threw 19. There are no official statistics kept for this measure, but it was compiled as a result of a MIT semester-long study of statistics from almanacs, game summaries, sports pages, team databases, file systems and press reports. Chris Berman was quoted as saying he is the best worst NCAA quarterback of all time. Schweitzdek failed to make the pros and went on to star in a series of extremely low budget adult movies in the 80's. He then followed that up with his current high-profile career as a real estate attorney. Today he lives near Fort Lauderdale, FL and enjoys golf, fine beers and wines"

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...#ixzz1YL2cTmhO

TOB has thrown 8 in two seasons and three games. He has the rest of this year with four already in three games and all of next year. Could he be the next Schweitzdek?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        I'm getting old and don't recall, who did we have calling the plays when Berry was QB?
        Did this question get answered?
        Don Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Did this question get answered?
          Don Bailey.
          I can remember on numerous occasions talking to RBerry and him giving all the credit to DBailey for his success.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
            I can remember on numerous occasions talking to RBerry and him giving all the credit to DBailey for his success.
            D bailey was only there Berry's senior year so let's not get crazy with giving him all of the credit
            I just don't understand how we get stomped two games in a row and the back up QB only get two series of snaps against back up defenses and mostly running the clock out. Nothing against TOB but he's not getting it done. Coach Stig needs to stick with his word of next guy in and make the move. The defense hasn't been good enough the last two years to get by poor QB play like it was the year we went to the playoffs. Just watching the Sumner kid against Illinois, he looked much more comfortable playing QB to me. TOB looks scared, throws off his back foot, winds up and takes forever to deliver a ball. Now we go into conference play with no answer and no idea what we have at QB. I'm not saying the kid is going to come in and go Cam Newton but what do we have to loose? We obviously have other issues on this team but it has to start somewhere. I know some people are stressing how this is a game and all but to me it's a little more. I poured my heart and soul into this program for five years. Everyone who played knows how SDSU is about a football family. Watching that team last week and listening this week is embarassing to the SDSU football family. Does life go on? Of course it does but our goal is to put this program on the map. I want this program to be a mainstay in the top 10-20 every year. I want to see this team always battling and making the playoffs and of course to win a NC someday. I want to continue to go back to Brookings and see improvements in the program all together (faciliites, crowds, atmosphere, etc). None of this will happen if the team continues with loosing seasons. Winning is extremely important to SDSU for recruiting. We aren't in a big city, we don't have the nicest facilities, the stands are always full, etc. Now most of us have been part of some terrible performances and let downs but two weeks in a row like this I'm not so sure I remember anything like it. I hope they do some soul serching and come back strong for conference play. Sorry for the rant, I don't post here too much so I have a lot of opinions built up ready to come out.

Comment

If you follow Moss or Rollin on Twitter there is something going on between them and TOB... I sure hope the team isn't crumbling, there is alot of season left.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

wasn't Daren Wilkinson before Bailey?
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  If you follow Moss or Rollin on Twitter there is something going on between them and TOB... I sure hope the team isn't crumbling, there is alot of season left.
                  If this is true than we damn well better have Sumner in there, because if the QB has lost the locker room (which I wouldn't doubt) we have NO chance this year.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I don't follow the twitter people of the world but if there is something going on "in house" those guys would be best to keep their mouth shut and not putting anything on the social network for people to see. A lot of things that go in need to be kept between the team until the head coach decides to talk to the media.

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about here. Only thing I noticed either of them talking about is the long trip home and being mad about being stuck in MN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Not sure what you are talking about here. Only thing I noticed either of them talking about is the long trip home and being mad about being stuck in MN.
                        There are a couple comments that raised my eyebrows.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, so forgive me if it is repetitive. TOB has to be losing the locker room. As a player that is leaving it on the field and TOB slides at the 1? Not to mention the pick 6's. That is your biggest problem right now if you are the coaching staff.

The biggest questions I have is what happened to this team? How did they get so slow? so uncompetitive? so bland this fast? I don't get it. It looks like to me neither do the coaches.

If this doesn't change, there should be a huge shakeup on the staff. I don't think Stig should be fire at all. He is SDSU. But he is only as good as his assistants. Meadows is the worst coach on that staff. In my opinion way over his head, and has no business being at a FCS school. NAIA or D3 at best, although they run better offenses than he does.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            There are a couple comments that raised my eyebrows.
                            Dale Moss--No sympathy for people who make the same mistakes over and over

Rollin deleted his but it had to do with 'changes need to be made'.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that there are many former offensive lineman that have gone through SDSU that would give a lot of the credit for their success at SDSU and beyond to Meadows.

I know someone mentioned earlier the concern with all the co-titles. I have no idea who is doing what where but I'd throw out that it might be in order to get pay increases. There is something goofy with the regent system that everyone must have some type of title and in order to get more than a cost of living raise a title change is necessary. Also, this could be a shift in titles in order to get more coaches hired while working within the system set up. Again, pure speculation on my part and there is likely someone here with more information about the workings of the regental system that could explain these possibilities further.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Dale Moss--No sympathy for people who make the same mistakes over and overRollin deleted his but it had to do with 'changes need to be made'.
                                I expect changes to be made this week, specifically at QB.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X