X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for a change?

just now...

Dom Wright--there's some things that need to be changed #quick
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      just now...Dom Wright--there's some things that need to be changed #quick
      I think TOB has indeed lost the lockerroom. At best, its highly fractured.Either way, its on the coaches to make the right moves and salvage this thing before it spins out of control.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        just now...

Dom Wright--there's some things that need to be changed #quick
        I'm not a big social media guy, but I did sign up for Twitter to get TV's posts. I went in and checked, to be fair to Dom this could also mean that the TEAM as a whole need to make some changes. I would hope that none of our guys are "tweeting" that TOB needs to be replaced. If so, I would expect some heads to roll tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          I think TOB has indeed lost the lockerroom. At best, its highly fractured.Either way, its on the coaches to make the right moves and salvage this thing before it spins out of control.
          I would love to make it to this week's Difference Makers Meeting, but will not be able to attend. People in the past have been thoughtful in their comments and questions, but after this week's game, who knows what will be asked.

Comment

First and foremost these guys need to keep their fingers quiet on social media. They are not fans, they are a team, they are a family.

The quote several pages ago "Rex is our quarterback." Lovie pulled Rex the year after they went to the Superbowl not too many games into the season because the guy could not quit giving the ball away.

I'm tired of "Thomas needs to play better." Well no sh!t. When are you, Coach Stig, going to figure out he is not capable of playing better consistently?

The TOB era needs to be done barring an injury to Sumner.

Comment

I forgot to add something in my previous posts and that is when are the captains and seniors gonna take some leadership and go into the coaches and state how they may or may not feel. These players deserve a chance to win and with tob it can't and wont happen. Yes its just a game but these kids do not put in the preperation and time to have someone at qb that can't lead a team as in going down at the 1 with no one within 3 yards of him. Tob could be a great person and that's great but he is not a leader. Sumner looms so much more confident even if it is against the second team defense! Someone on that team needs to step up and take it to the coaches or else I can see Sumner transffering.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                I forgot to add something in my previous posts and that is when are the captains and seniors gonna take some leadership and go into the coaches and state how they may or may not feel. These players deserve a chance to win and with tob it can't and wont happen. Yes its just a game but these kids do not put in the preperation and time to have someone at qb that can't lead a team as in going down at the 1 with no one within 3 yards of him. Tob could be a great person and that's great but he is not a leader. Sumner looms so much more confident even if it is against the second team defense! Someone on that team needs to step up and take it to the coaches or else I can see Sumner transffering.
                And Sumner would transfer where?

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                  Can the rest of the team look into the mirror and honestly say that they have played well enough to win,or even be competitive,in these last two games if a different QB had played ? I'm not saying that a change isn't necessary,but to be honest,the Jacks wouldn't have won either game,no matter who the QB was.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Can the rest of the team look into the mirror and honestly say that they have played well enough to win,or even be competitive,in these last two games if a different QB had played ? I'm not saying that a change isn't necessary,but to be honest,the Jacks wouldn't have won either game,no matter who the QB was.
                    Debatable with the game at Cal Poly.

Take away the two pick six's and CP *only* scores 34. Add 14 to the Jacks for the drive that ended in with the 104 yd pick six, and the horrendous slide at the 1, and the Jacks score is 28.

Not a win yet, but who knows what a TD at the end of half does for momentum. (We still would've been down 27-14, so probably not much.)
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Given the defensive play thus far, we would still be 1-2 if a young Joe Montana was our QB.

Yards allowed in last 9 quarters: 1,216 (125 points).

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        I'm not a big social media guy, but I did sign up for Twitter to get TV's posts. I went in and checked, to be fair to Dom this could also mean that the TEAM as a whole need to make some changes. I would hope that none of our guys are "tweeting" that TOB needs to be replaced. If so, I would expect some heads to roll tomorrow.
                        Rollin, moss and Dom Wright need to keep their mouth shut and stay off of the twitter BS!!! We don't need any Chad Ochocincos on this team!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          IMO the lockerroom will be fine if the "brothers" on the team just shut their mouth! It is getting way out of hand if they are tweeting this crap! Let the coaches do their jobs!

EDITORIAL COMMENT BY JACKJD: In reviewing posts this morning, I read this one and a subsequent one mentioning racial overtones. I reviewed tweets by some of the players and note that there are messages between athletes (not just members of this year's football team) in which people refer to one another in the familiar and friendly "bro".* Not sure what was intended by this post and the reference to "brothers" but I don't like where that can lead. (Like the subsequent poster, I, too, thought something more was intended and I won't have a part of a board that breaks down that way.)

I think the primary point made by speedrabbit -- athletes talking out of school on Twitter -- is worthy of discussion. In fact, I won't be one bit surprised if I hear that after today's practice, football player's Twitter accounts will be locked so that they can only be accessed by those with permission. I think you'll find that to be the case with members of the women's basketball team.

*My wife had to explain to me how to use Twitter.
                          Last edited by JackJD; 09-19-2011, 07:47 AM. Reason: trying to head off a problem

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            A very reasonable take on the entire situation. Rep pts given.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Given the defensive play thus far, we would still be 1-2 if a young Joe Montana was our QB.

Yards allowed in last 9 quarters: 1,216 (125 points).
                              Old Joe Montana of today wouldn't have slid at the one yard line and let the clock exp.

Pic 6 s in the last 9 quarters 4 (25 points)

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                                IMO the lockerroom will be fine if the "brothers" on the team just shut their mouth! It is getting way out of hand if they are tweeting this crap! Let the coaches do their jobs!
                                Very uncool post

EDITORIAL COMMENT: See my comment to post 207 and let's move on. JackJD
                                Last edited by JackJD; 09-19-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X