Time for a change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for a change?

Let's make this easy. At the beginning of the season - and after every game - Stig has said that TOB "needs to play better or he won't" - meaning he would not play, at least that is how I took it-. Ask yourself, is TOB playing better then last season? Is TOB playing the same at he did last season? Is TOB playing worse then he did last season. Unless you said yes to the first one, according to Coach Stig it should be time for a change.
    Last edited by LakeJack; 09-19-2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Dale said that their is no sympathy for people who make the same mistakes over and over. And Aaron deleted his post but it had to deal with changes needed to be made. I dont know how that deals with the plane and waiting in the twin cities...???
      It's called stirring the pot.People who tweet know everyone and thier brother are watching their tweets,so i can only conclude that they are trying to force the issue.The football team seems to be divided as to TOB being the starting QB,that's not a good thing if they are thinking more about that than focusing on what they really need to.TOB 's play is a distraction for the whole team right now.That's understandable.Houston,we have a problem.

Comment

Most sports teams refer to themselves as a family. As they are all males they would be "brothers" to each other. I guess I only took it as a refrence to being a family. My older brother and I were very competitive and we would take it to far and more then once mom said god help me if you brothers can't get a long.

Sometimes we say things that cross the line. I guess well called on it if that person explains their meaning we should be able to trust what they meant with no ill thoughts or judgements about what they were trying to say.

On to the topic. Tob has only gotten by in the games he wins. He turns the ball over so much that fans, at least I expect it now. I get worried what will happen and usually not much good comes from it. I have never felt worried about any sdsu football player how they will perform. Basketball yes there were a few that got me shaking my head.

Its not that tob makes mistakes. Its how he makes mistakes. Throwing off the back foot. Locking on to his main wr. Afraid to make contact scoring a td so he slides. The list just goes. I am not calling for him to never see the field again but let split the time. Give sumner a chance to see what his game day effort is like. Maybe tob sees the game better from the sidelkines first before he goes in. Maybe it works maybe it doesn't but the way we are going we are going there fast. I see no harm in making this adjustment if not for hrlping this year but also for the future.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My question is, how can anyone still be giving tob the benefit of the doubt? He hasn't performed at all and yet people are still calling for him to have more chances or split the time. Are you all crazy! What good has tob done for sdsu football?????? Make the change already and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no other argument except tob is HORRIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
            My question is, how can anyone still be giving tob the benefit of the doubt? He hasn't performed at all and yet people are still calling for him to have more chances or split the time. Are you all crazy! What good has tob done for sdsu football?????? Make the change already and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no other argument except tob is HORRIBLE!
            As someone who started out on this forum in much the same fashion you have, may I humbly suggest a few deep breaths? With a few years under my belt, I wish I could go back and delete a few posts from my past. Chances are, you will look back on this thread and shake your head at how you're are acting.

By all reports, TOB has been a good teammate and person. He has taken care of his classwork, and he has led the team in off-season workouts. He has not been a good quarterback. Those things being said, I am quite certain he deserves more respect than you and others have given him in this thread and in this forum.

You want to call for a new quarterback, I'm ok with that. And I agree with you. But you and others have taken things too far, in my most humble opinion.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The condensed game is on gojacks.

http://www.gojacks.com/mediaPortal/p...B_OEM_ID=15000

Tha abysmal "slide heard 'round the world" is at the 3 minute mark.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think the biggest issue for me is that there has been no noticable improvement from year to year. when he first started playing I was excited to see what he could become, but since then it seems like they gave him the full play book and he hasn't been able to make reads to succeed at this level. I think they may need to go back to more of a simplified offense if we are going to stick with TOB. I think it would be a simular offense if you turned it over to austin so whynot at least split time. I think TOB did better his redshirt freshman year than his sophmore and junior year and allot of that is probably due to football IQ and speed of decision making. I think he says and does the right things off the field its just not clicking for him.
                In my honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                  Remember the last time we had a QB who was not able to perform as needed so we threw a freshman QB out there to the wolves and put it on his shoulders. If you don't remember, it was TOB all the fans were calling for because Craword had a weak arm and got injured. He wasnt able to play the way the team needed him to, so TOB was given control. That is alot to ask a freshman. It is the same thing, Sumner might be the future, and if he was good enough, he would be starting now. But to leave it on him as our only QB is not fair to Sumner who needs experience but also TOB could benefit from it too. I think its the only fair compromise, let Sumner get experience, but take it easy on TOB and see if a change helps him play better too. It really cant hurt at this point, but it could hurt just leaving sumner out there to let him sink or swim. In my honest opinion.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    The condensed game is on gojacks.

http://www.gojacks.com/mediaPortal/p...B_OEM_ID=15000

Tha abysmal "slide heard 'round the world" is at the 3 minute mark.
                    Its even worse than I imagined.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Its even worse than I imagined.
                      Just makes you shake your head doesnt it.

Comment

It's never to early to panic. Despite the debacle in Illinois followed by the googlebacle in California, today and everyday are still great days to be a Jackrabbit. After discussing things during the 4th quarter, checking some emotions and thinking things through it seems TOB will likely remain the starting QB as we enter conference play. As I made it clear, I don't see "what it takes" from him to be the on or off field leader of the team but I'm not there to judge except on Saturdays. Therefore, I must defer to those who are there at all times.

I see on this thread and some others comments about the appropriateness of criticism in the forum. That is an entirely different debate that won't be easily reconciled. So, my advice, respect the opinions of others. If those opinions seem too harsh make note of it. Remember, different people use this forum in different ways. Just as judgement in a post may seem inappropriate, judgement of the poster based on content in a thread is also likely flawed and not appropriate. What works best for me is to look at it as entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wasnt at the game and i didnt listen to it on the radio. What i can do is as this. How can you blame all this on the QB. Ok, the slide was pretty crazy, i can understand his thoughts, kind of anyway. TO didnt loose this game. The defense lost this game. Granted he could have played better, what i saw he looked ok and made some very nice throws at times.

The defense didnt get off the plane, in my opinion.

Comment

Another two steps and TOB is standing in the end zone. Do you think TOB would like this play to do over again? Yeah I think so. The poor kid has feelings too. Lets not forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2o1o View Post
                              I wasnt at the game and i didnt listen to it on the radio. What i can do is as this. How can you blame all this on the QB. Ok, the slide was pretty crazy, i can understand his thoughts, kind of anyway. TO didnt loose this game. The defense lost this game. Granted he could have played better, what i saw he looked ok and made some very nice throws at times.

I don't think any group is without blame in these type of losses. However, it puts a lot of pressure on the team when you know you're QB is more than likely going to give 7-14 pts to the other team every game. I compare it to a baseball team having their starting pitcher give up a grand slam every game. That puts a lot of pressure on your lineup to produce runs which can lead to guys pressing across the board.
                              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by 2o1o View Post

That's a fair analysis. There are a lot of issues that will have to be worked out for us to be successful this year. However, I agree with rjacks21's analysis as well.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X