X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Depth Chart

Originally posted by goon View Post
    No one said you had a problem with Moss, You seem to think he would be hurting the team more then anything, which most everyone else feels he could be a benefit even if only a little help for 1 year. Not much else to discuss untill the late signing period so, yes you did get people talking for a bit.
    My psychology classes are paying off. Someone mentioned earlier about how huge our O-line will be and I agree it will be massive.. Lets run the ball!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      My psychology classes are paying off. Someone mentioned earlier about how huge our O-line will be and I agree it will be massive.. Lets run the ball!!!
      Might be tough with no experinced running backs. If TOB or Sumner can make accurate passing, I would love to see a 50/50 play call for pass/run. Just like to see a little more variety in the formations we use.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Might be tough with no experinced running backs. If TOB or Sumner can make accurate passing, I would love to see a 50/50 play call for pass/run. Just like to see a little more variety in the formations we use.
        Kool will be tough and Zenner will be as well.

Comment

My opinion: Let Dale try out, the coaches aren't going to bow down and make him automatic starting WR. If he's the best one for the job and will make the team better let him play. If anybody on the roster has a problem with making the team better they should re-think what Football is all about. On the other hand, he might not be able to contribute to the team- oh well, it doesn't hurt anything!

Letting Dale come try out for the team can not be a bad thing. It might help the team and will certainly draw more fans out.

Comment

Despite his abilities I would be surprised if Dale Moss could make it all the way to a starting, full-time receiver in the short time he has to prepare. And this is from one fan who is rooting for him to do well and make an impact on the team.

I think its much more likely that he can play a bit roll and see spot time at receiver - with much emphasis on him playing in the red zone for the jump ball in the end zone. I hope it works out.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Kool will be tough and Zenner will be as well.
              Didnt say they wouldnt be tough, but how much game experince and carries do they have combined coming to start next season? About as much as moss does as a WR so your figuring they will be ok, but yet not impressed with what mosses potential is.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I am obviously not making myself clear and it doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. I am talking about the commitment to the football program. Think about all the off season workouts, the 6 am winter training sessions, the weightlifting sessions, the studying of film-just to name a few things that require commitment.
                My understanding, Dale and the coaches are very sensitive with respect to this issue/concern. This is a young man approaching this opportunity with eyes wide open understanding that he isn't just going to show up Saturday and catch some passes. He is fully committed to FB. If there is any sense that isn't the case then you won't see him on the sideline this fall.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                  Despite his abilities I would be surprised if Dale Moss could make it all the way to a starting, full-time receiver in the short time he has to prepare. And this is from one fan who is rooting for him to do well and make an impact on the team.

I think its much more likely that he can play a bit roll and see spot time at receiver - with much emphasis on him playing in the red zone for the jump ball in the end zone. I hope it works out.
                  Last year one of our surprise WR was Huebert, No college experince coming here but faired ok, even though moss has not played college football before he understand contact as he goes for rebounds with guys much bigger then he is. a 5'10" corner back is not going to enjoy his fade routes to the endzone. Even if its limited plays his athletic ability should not be over looked.

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic that Moss will be one of those "difference makers" that Stig refers too.

Comment

That was me...and I totally agree....see, 2 people can agree. I think Kool will be a great threat, because he will be able to drop into receiver routes from the backfield. Of course I'm not sure if our play calling could be that dynamic.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        That was me...and I totally agree....see, 2 people can agree. I think Kool will be a great threat, because he will be able to drop into receiver routes from the backfield. Of course I'm not sure if our play calling could be that dynamic.
                        It's not possible.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Sumner to Moss..... never had a chance to do that at BV.... it'll happen at SDSU 2011...

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                            Sumner to Moss..... never had a chance to do that at BV.... it'll happen at SDSU 2011...
                            Too early for a QB controversy.........
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

How about Castle to Sumner to Moss?
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Only guy I can think of who played football without the commitment the coaches demanded from all the other players was Charles Jefferson.* Dale's been working his tail off for four years for basketball and if he wants to play football, he'll just continue working his tail off through next fall.

I think we have some very good young receivers and I want to see them play but it doesn't bother me if Dale can earn some playing time.

*In the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", the star football player was Charles Jefferson. One student in the movie hadn't seen Jefferson in school and he wondered whether Jefferson just flew in for the Friday night games and then left as soon as the games were over.
                                * A little closer to being serious: Terry Vandrovec did a feature story two years ago on an SDSU cross country runner who was living and going to class in Sioux Falls and training on his own during the week (all Pharmacy majors go to Sioux Falls their fifth year). He joined the team for meets, prompting Coach Dehaven to refer to him as "Charles Jefferson".

Comment

Working...
                                X